Marco_Rossi's Posts

Marco_Rossi's Posts

I found somewhere else an advice suggesting to look into the Vostro 35 0 0 manual for disassembling a Vostro 35 5 0 laptop. The assembly structure of 35 5 0 looks different from that of 35 0 0 howe... See more...
I found somewhere else an advice suggesting to look into the Vostro 35 0 0 manual for disassembling a Vostro 35 5 0 laptop. The assembly structure of 35 5 0 looks different from that of 35 0 0 however. Where's a one for 35 5 0? A video showing disassembly of 35 5 0 would also be great if there's no one. Thanks.
My last words in my mother tongue: 新品で購入して最初に電源入れたら一度も新 OS 使えずに、古い OS を自分の手でセットアップなんて...
Here's a follow: I got a Dell Backup & Recovery cd and tried recovery only to fail. Dell opening logo and stuck... I gave up Windows 8 and have decided to delete all partitions to install my ol... See more...
Here's a follow: I got a Dell Backup & Recovery cd and tried recovery only to fail. Dell opening logo and stuck... I gave up Windows 8 and have decided to delete all partitions to install my old Windows 7.
My FIRST boot trial: Checking the media............................Error! Contact your pc vendor (Dell Customer Service?) or something...     As I wrote in my previous posts: http://en.co... See more...
My FIRST boot trial: Checking the media............................Error! Contact your pc vendor (Dell Customer Service?) or something...     As I wrote in my previous posts: http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19495613.aspx and the other one My recovery volume seems coppupted. I have no recovery cd or usb stick created because I never powered my pc on.
Hi. As in my previous post: http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19494748.aspx Maybe my recovery volume has been corrupted?   Could I buy any kit or cd for recovering... See more...
Hi. As in my previous post: http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19494748.aspx Maybe my recovery volume has been corrupted?   Could I buy any kit or cd for recovering this volume or the entire drive?   I'm almost new to UEFI/GPT and the drive is splitted into 6 partitions. I'm just only sure the "OS" partition is the Windows 8-installed one and even not sure what and which more are need for bootup and activation of Windows 8 on UEFI (or all needed is in the OS volume?).   One more question... Is it technically possible to delete ALL the partitions and create a new MBR one (the harddrive is 1 TB small enough) to install and activate Windows 8 using a presalvaged product key (meaning if the key will work or not without the factory default preserved partitions rather than MBR or like)?   Thanks in advance.
Thank you for your response. I used a MiniTool Partition Wizard bootable CD. There seem yet not to be so many programs supporting GPT/UEFI. Now I am also worrying about whether I can or not com... See more...
Thank you for your response. I used a MiniTool Partition Wizard bootable CD. There seem yet not to be so many programs supporting GPT/UEFI. Now I am also worrying about whether I can or not come back to my factory defaults by using this INVALID part. because I guess this is a recovery partition...
Is it the way it goes about Partition #6 (Invalid)?
No, I'm using no RAID system.
Now I used a harddrive managing program to look into the 6 partitions: WDC WD10JPVT GPT Partition #1: Volume Label, ESP; File System, FAT32, Primary; Total Volume, 500.0 MB; Description... See more...
Now I used a harddrive managing program to look into the 6 partitions: WDC WD10JPVT GPT Partition #1: Volume Label, ESP; File System, FAT32, Primary; Total Volume, 500.0 MB; Description, Healthy. #2: Volume Label, DIAGS; File System, FAT32, Primary; Total Volume, 40.0 MB; Description, Healthy. #3: Volume Label, (None); File System, Unformatted , Primary (a Microsoft reserved partition ); Total Volume, 128.0 MB; Description, Healthy. #4: Volume Label, WINRETOOLS; File System, NTFS, Primary; Total Volume, 500.0 MB; Description, Healthy. #5: Volume Label, OS; File System, NTFS, Primary; Total Volume, 922.70 GB; Description, Healthy. #6: Volume Label, INVALID! ("PBR Image"?); File System, INVALID! (NTFS, Primary?); Total Volume, 7.67 GB; Description, I/O Error! Geometry Collapse! My guess is the cause is #3 and/or #6. Western Digital Lifeguard checker showed no error however...
I recently bought a new Inspiron 15R 5521 preinstalled with Windows 8 and I have never powered it on because I want to make an entire disk backup as it is in a "pure" state. I removed its harddri... See more...
I recently bought a new Inspiron 15R 5521 preinstalled with Windows 8 and I have never powered it on because I want to make an entire disk backup as it is in a "pure" state. I removed its harddrive (Western Digital, 1 TB) from my laptop to connect it to my desktop with 2 harddrives (one for system (Windows 7, 64 bit); the other for data (2 TB)), but never started the installed system to prevent the system from writing some system information into the Inspiron disk. Instead I inserted a Windows PE CD embedded with Acronis True Image 2013. I chose "Disk Backup". The Inspiron harddrive had 6 partitions. The destination drive (where the image created was to be saved) was the 2-TB data disk. Clicked "Finish" and writing Partition 1...done, 2...ok, .... 6 ok and "Backup Process Failed!" at the final stage. The final stage seems to be a partition layout. BTW the Acronis backup system has an option "Ignore Errors" (force complete). I gave it a try too, but the image created was incomplete with only 4 partitions. Macrium Rescue Disk is a similar one but with no ignore error option. I also tried this and failed at the final stage. No image created. The error message was "Unable to read from disk". Both the Inspiron disk and the destination drive happened to be Western Digital ones. I tried Western Digital Lifeguard checker on each and found no bad sectors. Otherwise perhaps is that a trick or technology to lock disks? Help would be appriciated.
Hi all. Could someone please tell me: What is the height of the CD drive installed in New Inspiron 15R (552 1 ), 12.5 or 9.5 mm? Thanx in advance.