Art's Posts

Art's Posts

The audio on my D830 loaded with updated WinXP works just fine unless my Motion 3500 Tablet is turned on nearby. The Motion Tablet is running Windows 7 and the only connection with the D830 would b... See more...
The audio on my D830 loaded with updated WinXP works just fine unless my Motion 3500 Tablet is turned on nearby. The Motion Tablet is running Windows 7 and the only connection with the D830 would be when I occasionally send a file from the D830 to the Motion using Bluetooth.  The effect on D830's Audio is there without any requested Bluetooth File Transfer.   Whenever I click a link to a Video, it will have a normal audio unless the Tablet is on, then no sound.  If I turn off or suspend the Tablet and re-click the Video Link, then the Audio works again. There is a 'Windows Tone' emitted from the D830 whenever the Motion Tablet is turned on or off in the vicinity and the Audio on the Tablet works fine, but it does not play the missing Audio from the D830 when this is taking place. 
Here is a direct link to your screw page. Just click on the line above, but for benifit to others; Easy to access, just select Support at top of this (or any) page and then "Product Support" t... See more...
Here is a direct link to your screw page. Just click on the line above, but for benifit to others; Easy to access, just select Support at top of this (or any) page and then "Product Support" then select "Manuals" and fill in 'Pop-Up' with your Service Tag or Type and Model..
Yes, cooling fans do an excellent job of vacuuming in any dust around and the cooling fins of your heat sink hold on to it for you. Each model is different, my D800 is just two phillips screws to d... See more...
Yes, cooling fans do an excellent job of vacuuming in any dust around and the cooling fins of your heat sink hold on to it for you. Each model is different, my D800 is just two phillips screws to drop the fan and clean, I can let that go for up to a month. My similar looking D830 is a several hour job, just to get to the cooling fan and heat sink fins, so I use compressed air once a week to blow through those cooling fins, being careful not to overspeed the fan (short bursts).   Dell has your Service Manual online for View or Download;  click "Support" at top of this page and then select Product Support and "Manuals". This will open a 'pop-up' for you to enter Service Tag (or model) and you can see way to your Service Manual and how to disassemble.   Here is a direct link to a D600 'Fan' page and step 4 may be as far as you need to go.   Hope that "overheating" has not damaged it.
Happy for your success!  At least you can tell when it is working now.   Hair presents a major problem with any rotating device (like a cooling fan) as it winds around the shaft and works its way... See more...
Happy for your success!  At least you can tell when it is working now.   Hair presents a major problem with any rotating device (like a cooling fan) as it winds around the shaft and works its way into the bearing.   New fan would be cheap enough to have, before even trying to remove any hair wound around your present fan's shaft. Fans arn't intended to be even lubricated, much less taken apart, but with a new one in a box, might be worth a try ???   Heat is an enemy to the longivity of your laptop, so watch the temperature.   My Latitude also has a fan that is a pain to access, I use compressed air weekly to blow in through the Heat Sink's cooling fins, but prevent that from overspeeding the fan disc with short bursts.
When you open it up, you might be lucky enough to just get away with removal of built-up dust-bunnies :) Here is a link to the page you need in your 6400 Service Manual <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link h... See more...
When you open it up, you might be lucky enough to just get away with removal of built-up dust-bunnies :) Here is a link to the page you need in your 6400 Service Manual <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed / replaced from this post by Dell> You will see steps 2 - 5 (with links to those pages) that must be done first. I have only had Latitudes, but following service manuals has worked well, take your time, have some masking tape to control and label screws and use screwdrivers that fit. Most difficult for me has been when it is just plastic parts that 'snap' together, but they have never cracked with necessary pressure.
When you open it up, you might be lucky enough to just get away with removal of built-up dust-bunnies :)   Here is a link to the page you need in your 6400 Service Manual <ADMIN NOTE: Broken li... See more...
When you open it up, you might be lucky enough to just get away with removal of built-up dust-bunnies :)   Here is a link to the page you need in your 6400 Service Manual <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed / replaced from this post by Dell>   You will see steps 2 - 5 (with links to those pages) that must be done first.   I have only had Latitudes, but following service manuals has worked well, take your time, have some masking tape to control and label screws and use screwdrivers that fit.  Most difficult for me has been when it is just plastic parts that 'snap' together, but they have never cracked with necessary pressure.
Not much that I can add beyond what I posted above, as I wrote there, as long as the 'other' BT Device keeps Bluetooth active, the Intellimouse starts automatically and is never dropped, but when ... See more...
Not much that I can add beyond what I posted above, as I wrote there, as long as the 'other' BT Device keeps Bluetooth active, the Intellimouse starts automatically and is never dropped, but when I am away from that 'other BT Device' it takes two 'start' attempts and then drops every eight minutes, usually restarted by [run] in Toshiba BT Options.   Your BT Module, although built-in, is a USB Device.  Look in properties within Device Manager for the/those Bluetooth USB items and on 'Power Save' tab remove any checks for "Turn Off..." ... _____________________________________________________________________________   You need to provide as many system details as you can about your Mouse, as well as your Dell and its Operating System including other Bluetooth applications that you use, so that someone with the necessary knowledge may be able to provide an answer for you. 
Click Here to open the Bluetooth page<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell> from your service manual.   the above shows what it looks like and where it would be found i... See more...
Click Here to open the Bluetooth page<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell> from your service manual.   the above shows what it looks like and where it would be found in an Inspiron 6400.    If it existed and were enabled, you could turn it on w/ Fn/F2.
I have still only used my USB (Sony) 'floppy' drive for BIOS Flashes.   I know it could be done from a CD 'boot disk', never made one, but think you may need Nero's CD Program to create a Boot C... See more...
I have still only used my USB (Sony) 'floppy' drive for BIOS Flashes.   I know it could be done from a CD 'boot disk', never made one, but think you may need Nero's CD Program to create a Boot CD.   I did post a link above about creating a USB Boot Device and I would prefer that over a Boot CD.   I bought a USB Device for a couple bucks at Office MAX and it is a handy way to transfer files between systems without the bother of burning CD's.
@Forresterer wrote: having same problem....how do i carry out the required change... I'm a beginner.....cheers m In general, it is important to first completely remove (CP Add/Remove & th... See more...
@Forresterer wrote: having same problem....how do i carry out the required change... I'm a beginner.....cheers m In general, it is important to first completely remove (CP Add/Remove & then Device Mgr) Bluetooth Stack/Drivers prior to update or install of new and you usually need to prevent the Windows Stack/Drivers from interference by their automatic "detect new..." install. Toshiba prevents it but old Widcom did not. ______________________________________________ It works best when you give clues about your operating system and model involved, solutions are usually different, but below is about all I know about my two different systems. ______________________________________________ Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer for Bluetooth model 1001 and it often gets 'dropped' from BT on both of my Dells. MS would just advise to use built-in MS Stack/Drivers, but I have other, more important, BT Applications that won't play on MS Stack.   WinXP pro on both D800 & D830 and both were ordered w/Bluetooth from Dell.   D800 uses Widcom Stack/Drivers and last 'reinstall HID Mouse Drivers' has now continued to work without issue since last December, a new record (it used to need a Device Manager remove/reinstall every few months). Never installed Intellipoint Software on this system. Some of my other BT Devices did not work with the Windows BT Stack/Drivers, so I had to remain on Widcom.   D830 came with the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack/Driver running the CSR 360 BT Module and has the recent Dell Download firmware upgrade to 2.1 installed.   Within a few weeks of Mouse install, it began the same 'refuse to waken' issue; install of Intellipoint made no difference, best awaken method is to [Run] Toshiba BT Options "Diagnostics" and when that fails, a right-click Disable Bluetooth Radio restores operation upon Enable Bluetooth Radio.   Something that I have noticed within the past few months (on the D830 only) is that as long as my Bluetooth is kept occupied by communication with my WxWorx Satellite Bluetooth Radio, it never 'drops' the IntelliMouse. :)   Art
Bluetooth radio was usually an 'extra-cost' option and if it is not shown on your support site, it was not included. Bluetooth is seperate from WLAN, although Fn/F2 turns both on/off (or how it's ... See more...
Bluetooth radio was usually an 'extra-cost' option and if it is not shown on your support site, it was not included. Bluetooth is seperate from WLAN, although Fn/F2 turns both on/off (or how it's set in BIOS).   Another check would be to go into BIOS Setup (Fn/F3 in Windows, or F2 on first Dell Boot Screen) and page through to see if it is there and set to 'load' on startup ("enabled" might be the word to set).   You need to look at your Dell online Service Manual to see installation, you could look for the 'card' or the 'cable' to exist.   It can be a problem with 'license' to add Bluetooth after purchase, which is why internal BT is not found through Dell Upgrade site, some have ordered from Dell 'Spare-Parts' or bought on Ebay.    
Tony,   I am a Corporate Pilot, same corporation for past 33 years. I have long held an Airline Transport Certificate (License), but had I gone for the Airlines, regulations (that they are now t... See more...
Tony,   I am a Corporate Pilot, same corporation for past 33 years. I have long held an Airline Transport Certificate (License), but had I gone for the Airlines, regulations (that they are now trying to change) would have forced my retirement years ago, I love my 'job' and have no desire to retire.   My Bluetooth education (Google Searches) came after my BIOS Flash of D800 over to M60 (story link in my sig below) called for reinstall of "new found hardware" by WindowsXP (sp2) and it installed the Windows Stack. No doubt that there is far more to it than I have had to learn just to keep the devices I need working, as I posted above, my only issue is related to that MS IntelliMouse and workarounds exist, can't blame Bluetooth, as it is across both D800 & D830 with different Bluetooth Modules and brand of Stacks, always wanted a LaserMouse, but will need to be sure it remains Bluetooth frendly.   I found that as long as one device (like the MS Stack) has your Bluetooth, another install (like for the Dell Widcomm Stack) will act like you have no BT Hardware. The symptoms you described looked like your firmware flash's USB Utility was still installed and that will prevent Windows (or Toshiba Stack) from seeing that you have the module.   Your TM350 is from Cambridge Silicon Radio, so you need to look for 'CSR' devices in your USB devices and possibly the registry and I greatly fear registry edits. There are stories (on the Network Board) about even more serious Bluetooth issues related to Vista and utilities provided to "awaken" your module (if had been off on an install).   Art Message Edited by Art on 04-01-2008 12:05 AM
Tony,   Thank you for that most interesting and informative update on your experience.    Glad you were able to get Bluetooth to work for you :) 100 meter range, that is quite a step-up from 1... See more...
Tony,   Thank you for that most interesting and informative update on your experience.    Glad you were able to get Bluetooth to work for you :) 100 meter range, that is quite a step-up from 10 meters.   It should be mentioned that Class 1 Bluetooth acheives this by a forty-fold increase in X-mit. power and that could be an issue for some portable users   For anyone considering this, (Thanks for those Great Links) the similar spec 4312 PCMCIA Card Version might save motherboard damage that could result from such a large USB Dongle (there is no flexability for a strike).   For those who can live with a Class 2 Bluetooth, they are making some of the USB versions much smaller and there are also versions that will run in your Flash-Card slot (with no exposure to strike).   As I said above, I have never used any audio service from Bluetooth, but BlueSoleil has an excellent reputation with audio users.   BlueSoleil also, (unlike Toshiba or Broadcom/Widcomm who only want to deal with OEM's) is happy to provide service to the end user. for jhlay6 a BlueSoleil Stack/Driver will work with your Dell internal module as well.   A big caution would be that you MUST; Completely uninstall, including Device Manager and disable the Windows BT Stack before starting a new Stack/Driver install. BlueSoleil should be able to help you there.   Tony, I completely agree on the issue of 'format/reinstall 'tech support's easy fix for all problems they can't handle' and a corrupted Bluetooth will go way over their heads, it is an 'entry-level' job they do.   An excellent Dell Telephone Tech spent three hours on the phone with me for a necessary (I had corrupted my registry) re-install of Win95. Recently, I have had excellent Dell Support (hardware) using the Automated Troubleshooting site that ends with the "Contact.." and have had a replacement in my hands by Noon on the next day.   It has now been ten years since I have installed an OS on a Dell, but had to do it four times in one miserable year with a Sony VAIO. Their Telephone Tech Support for the US is in Florida, about eight miles from my home.   Dell has used both Toshiba and Widcom Bluetooth Software for different models, not interchanble though, TM300 & TM355 use Widcomm and TM350 and TM360's use Toshiba, any of them can use the Windows Bluetooth installed Stack/Driver and BlueSoliel is the Only other option at this time.   Art
I use Bluetooth with a Holux GPS, an IOgear Printer 'dongle', an HP460 Portable Printer, a WxWorx Satelite Weather Receiver and the Bluetooth Mouse. Only the MS IntelliMouse Explorer is problemati... See more...
I use Bluetooth with a Holux GPS, an IOgear Printer 'dongle', an HP460 Portable Printer, a WxWorx Satelite Weather Receiver and the Bluetooth Mouse. Only the MS IntelliMouse Explorer is problematic, every few weeks to few months, it will need re-connection after every 'battery-saving' nap. It is supposed to 'go-to-sleep' after exactly eight minutes of in-activity and awaken within a second of any touch or movement.   This issue is seen on both D800 and D830 which have different Dell Bluetooth Modules as well as different Stack/Drivers (D800 came with Widcomm). On the D800, only solution found was to remove in Device Manager, HID Mouse as well as all other HID Drivers and reboot for fresh install of all eight or so drivers, this will restore normal operation for a few weeks to months.   On the new D830, it worked fine for five weeks and then started the same problem (still working fine on D800's December reinstall :) ) and I tried install of Microsoft's latest IntelliMouse program (never used on D800), but that worked for a day.   Found that with the D830's Toshiba Stack/Driver that opening its Options... (from right-click systray icon) GUI and clicking 'RUN' on the Diagnostic Page re-awakens the IntelliMouse untill it has gone into another 'eight-minute' nap. When using it now, I just park that [run] box in a corner and put the cursor there when done with mouse.   You should do the Diagnostic [Run] test, it will first test for internal communication with TM360 and second test for connection to any external Bluetooth devices. I don't know any more than that about the 'test'.   I have absolutely no experience with any audio, headset or cellphone operation with Bluetooth at all.   I would suggest that you start a new Thread for this issue on the Dell Network/Internet/Wireless <click to open in new tab/wndow.   I do wish they had a dedicated Bluetooth Board, but they seem to be divided between this and that boards.   You mentioned that Insignia wanted to blame Dell/Toshiba and that is typical, have you looked into headset/Bluetooth Discussion Forums? This is Verizon's and I'm sure there are many others, (I have a Verizon Cellphone w/Bluetooth and when I saw it needed to use Verizon software, I never tried to use it.)   Art Message Edited by Art on 03-29-2008 09:25 AM
Fn/Z could be done at any time, it won't change any settings, on my D830 it does momentarily shut the fan off and then it returns to a speed appropriate to the temperature.   You can observe det... See more...
Fn/Z could be done at any time, it won't change any settings, on my D830 it does momentarily shut the fan off and then it returns to a speed appropriate to the temperature.   You can observe details with use of these utilities and notice if there has been an unexplained increase in heat.   Most important, would be to clean your cooling system at least monthly, as fans will draw in dust that can be captured by the cooling fins of your Thermal Cooling Assembly.   Best way to do this will vary by system, D800 will drop main fan with two screws.  View (from Support top right of this page) your Service Manual, to understand how your systems are constructed.   D830, you can see the fan and cooling fins through the air intake/exhaust, but access is a job best avoided by frequent cleaning through those vents.   Important to prevent high air pressure (like from canned 'air') from overspeeding the fan and damaging fan bearings.   Art 
I have been using that D/Port with my D800 for four years and love it, never connected an external monitor, but that DVI-Digital sounds interesting.  Came with its own 90 Watt that had a much longer ... See more...
I have been using that D/Port with my D800 for four years and love it, never connected an external monitor, but that DVI-Digital sounds interesting.  Came with its own 90 Watt that had a much longer AC Cord than the one with the laptop :)   I also have and would highly recommend the D/View Laptop Stand which is designed to use with the D-Port.   One word of warning is that although my D800 does the "Hot-Dock"/"Un-Dock" with absolutely no problems, my new D830 does not like to do that at all.   I have been many times into BIOS Setup to enable that feature and have flashed the BIOS (through each release with no difference on Hot-Dock) to the latest version 10 (was delivered last month with version 5)..   I do love this D830, that would be the only anomaly with the system seen and it is not a problem as my normal usage would usually involve shutdowns anyway.   I returned yesterday and latched on Dock and resumed from (an un-docked) Hibernate and that is an absolute no-no. Did not see the expected BSOD and a normal shutdown/Reboot on Dock was successful.   You can expect a nice discount offer on Dell Accessories in your Email, shortly after delivery.   Art Message Edited by Art on 03-15-2008 10:11 PM
@dgkpcon wrote: Yes it is safe to use it is a dell utility,<...> This is correct, it is safe to use, however misuse could cause damage.  It is designed for use on Dell Portables, but is not ... See more...
@dgkpcon wrote: Yes it is safe to use it is a dell utility,<...> This is correct, it is safe to use, however misuse could cause damage.  It is designed for use on Dell Portables, but is not supported by Dell. Best would be to use the mode of (^) Show temperatures only, no fan control and you can open [Options] to set what and how, for your display.   Click here to open Fan Control Main Page, v3.1 supporting multi core systems Art
Hold down your [Fn] key and press the key to restore your BIOS Fan Control.
Look on Systray (by the clock) for an icon that responds to touchpad, double-click to open the Touchpad Control Console GUI and you can select this (and many more) actions.   If it is not seen, ... See more...
Look on Systray (by the clock) for an icon that responds to touchpad, double-click to open the Touchpad Control Console GUI and you can select this (and many more) actions.   If it is not seen, go to Control Panel, mice and look for checkmark to show on systray (as well as all the setting options). If the checkmark is not available, it means you are on the basic Windows Touchpad Driver, with few options.   To install the Dell provided Driver, click Support at top right of this page, select Download Drivers and enter Service Tag or exact model and OS to download your Driver.
My Latitude LM P133 has been on for at least twenty hours every day for nearly eleven years and has never had any problems.   Current (Dell Spare Parts) battery has been in its bay for over eigh... See more...
My Latitude LM P133 has been on for at least twenty hours every day for nearly eleven years and has never had any problems.   Current (Dell Spare Parts) battery has been in its bay for over eight years and still has better than 50% of its original 'run-time'.   Was upgraded to its maximum potential in 1998 with 72 MB RAM, 6.1 GB HD and Windows 98 and has never needed any format/reload of OS.   Now semi-retired, it rides in the cabin as a GPS powered 'Air-Show' for the entertainment of the passengers.   Art