sjbyrneuk's Posts

sjbyrneuk's Posts

Thanks guys,   This is very frustrating. The error code does refer to Intel and the dump data describes the fault as being with the RAID driver but that can't be true as this machine doesn't come... See more...
Thanks guys,   This is very frustrating. The error code does refer to Intel and the dump data describes the fault as being with the RAID driver but that can't be true as this machine doesn't come with RAID and the driver update they suggest isn't compatible with this version of Windows.   There is plenty of disc space and I don't automate patches updates but the nett effect would be the same on disc space anyway.   The error signature is: BCCode : 8086     BCP1 : 00000000     BCP2 : 00000000     BCP3 : 00000000      BCP4 : 00000000     OSVer : 5_1_2600     SP : 3_0     Product : 768_1      ... and I have a dump but I can't read it. Any ideas before this PC takes a short journey through an open window? Steve
I'm struggling to resole a BSOD that has started happening since a recent failed Dell update. I can't diagnose the issue and so cannot find a solution. This happened about 3 weeks ago... anyone else ... See more...
I'm struggling to resole a BSOD that has started happening since a recent failed Dell update. I can't diagnose the issue and so cannot find a solution. This happened about 3 weeks ago... anyone else have the same problem? Any ideas on a solution?   I am on XP with all latest patches on Dimension 8400.   Cheers,   Steve
Jackshack,   Thanks for your help. It took a while for me to get around to trying the fix but now that I have, it worked perfectly. All I can say is Doh! why didn't I think of that, but thank you... See more...
Jackshack,   Thanks for your help. It took a while for me to get around to trying the fix but now that I have, it worked perfectly. All I can say is Doh! why didn't I think of that, but thank you again for your assistance, very much appreciated and has put me back in the good books with my Dad.   Cheers,   Steve
Thanks for your advice, I'm going to try this later today. It's my father's machine and it is an XP os. I can get most patches on up until SP2 when it bombs.   I've also read on the threads that ... See more...
Thanks for your advice, I'm going to try this later today. It's my father's machine and it is an XP os. I can get most patches on up until SP2 when it bombs.   I've also read on the threads that updating the BIOS is sometimes necessary. I don't see that as a problem in my case but would welcome your opinion.   Cheers,   Steve
This seems to be a popular error. I've read through many of the posts but cannot find one that specifically relates to my problem. I have a Dimension 4400 which had a hard disk crash. I replaced th... See more...
This seems to be a popular error. I've read through many of the posts but cannot find one that specifically relates to my problem. I have a Dimension 4400 which had a hard disk crash. I replaced the disk and loaded the Dell provided Recovery disk successfully. I then let automatic patch updates run and each time I get to the SP2 installation I get the error above which flashes briefly and reboots the PC. I have tried loading the patches manually and they work up to the point where you have to load the SP2 rollup.   A local PC engineer ran a diagnostic which suggested that there was an i/o error on the motherboard. I think that may be a red herring but have included it for completeness.   Any assistance with this problem would be greatly appreciated.   Cheers,   Steve