raraavis5557's Posts

raraavis5557's Posts

Hi, I have DELL Inspiron 6400/E1505 laptop and it's been one and half year since i bought this laptop so my warranty is already expired. I am experiencing a weird problem with my battery. This morn... See more...
Hi, I have DELL Inspiron 6400/E1505 laptop and it's been one and half year since i bought this laptop so my warranty is already expired. I am experiencing a weird problem with my battery. This morning when i started my laptop (Vista Home Edition) on AC power, the battery icon (battery with plug) was showing a cross and when i hovered over the icon, it says 'No Battery is detected. When i open the battery meter software, the first tab 'battery status' was showing all controls empty and disabled. I thought perhaps my battery is dead, but my laptop is working OK with AC power as well as on battery. Battery light turn green/yellow when it's on AC power but it is RED when i remove the AC power but system keeps working. In battery mode the battery meter icon doesn't change (it normally changes to show a battery without the plug). I am not sure what to do, what has happened? my battery is dead or battery meter software is not behaving?