kimm110's Posts

kimm110's Posts

Davet50   After a couple more days of trying to fix, I give up and agree with you.  Am returning to vender for replacement.  Thanks for the help. 
Davet50,
Thanks Dave 50, I solved the problem following your instruction, then booted with Vista resue disk that temp. installed video drivers to boot in safe mode and corrct the problem. I then updated m... See more...
Thanks Dave 50, I solved the problem following your instruction, then booted with Vista resue disk that temp. installed video drivers to boot in safe mode and corrct the problem. I then updated my Bios driver and now the card is recognized, but is not funtional. In the device manager, I get this message:  "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)". I have tried re-enstalling the driver, updating, etc.  Still the same problem.  It is installed, but not usable. Bill  
Recently purchased a referbished Demension 3000 with Vista Ultimate installed.  It came with a DVDRW that would not record DVD because the graphics card does not support DX9.  Checked the nVidia webs... See more...
Recently purchased a referbished Demension 3000 with Vista Ultimate installed.  It came with a DVDRW that would not record DVD because the graphics card does not support DX9.  Checked the nVidia website and purchased a new GeForce FX5500.  Downloaded their Vista 32 bit driver and installed it.  Could not get the new card recognized or working, so went back to the nVidia site and found a possible sollution: disable the old graphics card in the Device Manager and reboot. On startup, the new card should be recognized. Guess what? Aw, you knew! Now I have no display screen to see what the computer is doing. It does not appear to boot at all, the busy light blinks a few times when powered up, but does not load Vista (no sound when the welcome screen loads). Don't know where to start, can anyone help? Thanks, Bill