Nimac1's Posts

Nimac1's Posts

After your advice I have put the 2x 1GB sticks in slots 1 & 2 and the 2x 2GB sticks in 3 & 4 and it shows me I have 6GB and only 3GB usable memory how much memory do you think I acually have at my di... See more...
After your advice I have put the 2x 1GB sticks in slots 1 & 2 and the 2x 2GB sticks in 3 & 4 and it shows me I have 6GB and only 3GB usable memory how much memory do you think I acually have at my disposal?
Thanks for such a speedy answer. I am running Windows 7 32Bit so as you say that is a problem. Have you any idea why the 2GB stick will work in slot 2 but not slot 1 this puzzles me
I had a chat with a DELL support person a while ago about upgrading my RAM memory from 2GB to 8GB and also increasing the Mhz to 800. They said that it wouldn't be a problem with the motherboard th... See more...
I had a chat with a DELL support person a while ago about upgrading my RAM memory from 2GB to 8GB and also increasing the Mhz to 800. They said that it wouldn't be a problem with the motherboard that I have. Having purchased the extra RAM and fitting it it doesn't work I noe have a 1GB in the DIMM1 slot and a 2GB in the DIMM2 slot. Putting a 2GB in the DIMM1 slot gives me beeps 1-3-2. Is it possible to fit all 4 2GB sticks somehow? Regards Nigel  
Hi, just to let you know Dell technical came round with a new power supply unit and that fixed the problem. Thanks for your support. Nigel
Hi there, I have been in touch with dell technical and after pulling memory sticks in and out hard drives connectors off and on they have come to the conclusion that its the motherboard and the power... See more...
Hi there, I have been in touch with dell technical and after pulling memory sticks in and out hard drives connectors off and on they have come to the conclusion that its the motherboard and the power supply unit. I just feel that its the power supply unit, lets hope so or else I'm in for a hefty bill. Thanks for all your help.
Hi there, when I ran the diagnostics tests I got on error msg as follows:- 4C00:082D no IRQ13 following denornalized operand. Expected 0002H Actual 0000H Floating Point Unit
If the fans fire up when I switch on at the wall then I know that the computer will start OK, but this does not always happen. I have tried relocating all the connectors on the motherboard but this s... See more...
If the fans fire up when I switch on at the wall then I know that the computer will start OK, but this does not always happen. I have tried relocating all the connectors on the motherboard but this seems to have no effect. This is an intermittent problem but seems to be getting worse and now it takes a long time for me to get the computer started.
When I switch my computer on all I get is a click and the yellow light flashing in the start switch. The fans don't seem to fire up when I first switch on at the wall plug.