sreardon's Posts

sreardon's Posts

Thanks for that Flash. Back to the store we go... Steve
I have two 600sc with 1gb (2 x 500mb pc2100 266MHz ECC). I want to upgrade to 4gb (4 x 1gb pc2100). Do I have to get ECC or will non-ECC work? I have seen references on the net that non-ECC wil... See more...
I have two 600sc with 1gb (2 x 500mb pc2100 266MHz ECC). I want to upgrade to 4gb (4 x 1gb pc2100). Do I have to get ECC or will non-ECC work? I have seen references on the net that non-ECC will work, but I just tried "Ultra" DDR 1gb pc2100 266 MHz non-ecc and the system beeps that there is no memory installed.   Any ideas?   Steve
Hey Chris.  Do you have the release notes for the new bios?  The download site makes reference to it but there are none provided as far as I can tell. Maybe they are provided after you install t... See more...
Hey Chris.  Do you have the release notes for the new bios?  The download site makes reference to it but there are none provided as far as I can tell. Maybe they are provided after you install the update I am not sure. Steve
I haven't tried it yet.  It is interesting to note that the "Dell Support Center" does not show this update as a new "alert".  So, I can't tell what its significance is.  However, it is tagged as a "... See more...
I haven't tried it yet.  It is interesting to note that the "Dell Support Center" does not show this update as a new "alert".  So, I can't tell what its significance is.  However, it is tagged as a "recommended" level of importance. One thing I don't see are the BIOS release notes.  Any idea where I can see those? 
Well Rick.  I've had it since Tuesday of this week. It is currently sitting on my desk with only the basics (one monitor, network) so I can transfer info from my previous XPS Gen 2. It's been ru... See more...
Well Rick.  I've had it since Tuesday of this week. It is currently sitting on my desk with only the basics (one monitor, network) so I can transfer info from my previous XPS Gen 2. It's been running fine ever since.  I've got Office 2007 along with the urgent updates of Windows Vista and the dell software and utilities (Alienware, Thermal) installed. It's real impressive. Now the real work will be coming.  I've noticed that the CPU is not overclocked from factory (it's running at 3.2 instead of 3.7)  I will testing out a few games on it next. Bios is 1.0.0 from factory and the c-state came disabled from factory too. I'll let you know if anything weird happens after I complete my transfer of the beasts into its new home (the XPS Gen 2 current location) when I transfer my XPS Gen 2 to my Wife's desk! Steve
I've been doing the same as you Rick.  Since December:emotion-18:, I've been reading this thread. But, I bit the bullet last week. I've got a 730x H2C, 6GB, 2TB (2x1TB drives), 2x280's on its way... See more...
I've been doing the same as you Rick.  Since December:emotion-18:, I've been reading this thread. But, I bit the bullet last week. I've got a 730x H2C, 6GB, 2TB (2x1TB drives), 2x280's on its way with two S2209W monitors.  I had one of those discounts sent to me and they honoured it since I started talking to them before it was removed.  If you are going to wait longer, I'll let you know how it goes when I get it. (approx: 3 weeks, because of the monitors). It's going to replace a Dell XPS Gen 2 (Pentium 4, 3 MHZ) Steve