Tulsaboyw's Posts

Tulsaboyw's Posts

A while back i got a inspiron 1750  laptop as part of a school certification in rubyonrails. This was 2010 or so. The bummer is as i understood this was a 64bit laptop.. but the school wouldnt le... See more...
A while back i got a inspiron 1750  laptop as part of a school certification in rubyonrails. This was 2010 or so. The bummer is as i understood this was a 64bit laptop.. but the school wouldnt let dell put a vista64 on it.. only vista32) ..they also previously wouldnt give us Apple laptops.   Anyway,,  just to see if it would work,.. I put win10 on it.. (but of course its not licensed) .. But i already have a tablet and a desktop both that are win10 (tablet is a surfacepro3 and desktop is a very new win7deskttop that was easy to go to win10.   Anyway, I have dvd for slackware and a dvd for mint18-cinnemon (spelling i know) Im having problems with getting the built in wireless to work as it did previously. In fact it worked win i had vista32 and a older linux .... dual boots usualy seem to make things work easier. So I know linux will work on the laptop in a dualboot..      Any linux related advise as far as drivers??   .. im going to try the linux forum suggestions i have... Im not going to buy a new laptop... my tablet is in fact has more ram and more power and more hd..   but  do figure on doubling the ram on the laptop..and maybe even chk into having a ssd in the laptop.. ?
I believe I already did the chipset drivers 1st... but will rechk that later on. This being done on a neighbors pc and weekend only. Wish I had upgraded their 170L to XP instead W2k, but short o... See more...
I believe I already did the chipset drivers 1st... but will rechk that later on. This being done on a neighbors pc and weekend only. Wish I had upgraded their 170L to XP instead W2k, but short of finding a substitute soundcard Im stuck as to what the problem is, unless I really forgot the chipset drivers.    
I tend to dislike using motherboard based sound or video and even ethernet ... But it does depend on the machine too. Message Edited by Tulsaboyw on 03-04-2007 01:43 PM
Problem is...that though the driver is found and downloaded. it doesnt work for 170L under w2k despite the comments on dell & forum.   I installed it and have done everything I can think of to ... See more...
Problem is...that though the driver is found and downloaded. it doesnt work for 170L under w2k despite the comments on dell & forum.   I installed it and have done everything I can think of to make it work.. On the verge of disabling it and adding a soundcard anyway.   What else is needed to make the onboard sound work?   Btw, this onboard sound was playing audio cd's before I replaced the OS with W2K.   The driver says it works on W2k too..