SF123's Posts

SF123's Posts

Jack,   Yes. The CD I used is a reinstallation CD not a restoration CD. I have missed the chance to run restoration before the reinstallation. I am not sure if it is a complete reinstallation CD,... See more...
Jack,   Yes. The CD I used is a reinstallation CD not a restoration CD. I have missed the chance to run restoration before the reinstallation. I am not sure if it is a complete reinstallation CD, because it is only on one cd that say "service pack 2". No matter if I changed boot sequence, I always got the same error message. that is to say, even if I reboot the computer from CD-rom, same problem. I doubt if the reinstallation CD is good one to go... Hope I am able to receive one set of reinstallation CD to get my computer back to work correctly.   Thank you very much   SF123
smileuhaveahappyday , Thanks for quick reply. I have requested one reinstallation CD from the link you gave to me.    
Hi there, I am a novice to operating system. I was trying to re-install XP OS using the restoration cd that came along with the purchase of my deaktop DIMENSION 5150. After the re-installation star... See more...
Hi there, I am a novice to operating system. I was trying to re-install XP OS using the restoration cd that came along with the purchase of my deaktop DIMENSION 5150. After the re-installation started a while (in blue screen), an error message pops out: <STOP: C0000135 {unable to locate component} This application has failed to start because winsrv was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.> Then I started installation, nothing else happened. same error message and re-installation stops there forever. I wonder if any one here had this same problem and how to get it resolved.  I appreciate any suggestions and helps. BTW, anyway to get a complete re-installation cd (not restoration one) from DELL?   Happy New Year SF123