spyslayer's Posts

spyslayer's Posts

pc shutdown during Dell Diagnostics extended test. pl advise
pc shut down during Dell Diagnostics extended test... pl advise.
Hi, I  just installed a new WD blue 1TB hard drive into my DELL computer. after i had installed windows 7 and drivers, it shut down randomly. I try to do a dell diagnostics , but it shutdown dur... See more...
Hi, I  just installed a new WD blue 1TB hard drive into my DELL computer. after i had installed windows 7 and drivers, it shut down randomly. I try to do a dell diagnostics , but it shutdown during the diagnostic test. now it will not boot and it makes loud noise (sounds like *** cleaner). Dell XPS 8500, OEM Windows 7 64-bit installed, nvidia geforce GT640.   Can someone assist me step by step? thank you in advance!  
i tried several times but my PC always shut down and makes  loud noise when in the “Startup Repair" stage . pl advise.
Hi,  I have a Dell XPS 8500, OEM Windows 7 64-bit installed, nvidia geforce GT640. I did a Windows update last week but i stop halfway due to thunderstorm, i did a system restore and... See more...
Hi,  I have a Dell XPS 8500, OEM Windows 7 64-bit installed, nvidia geforce GT640. I did a Windows update last week but i stop halfway due to thunderstorm, i did a system restore and then continue Windows update the next day.  now my PC restart automatically after a few hours, so I did another system restore but this time the system restore was not successful, and now my PC is stuck in endless restarting cycle. Can someone assist me step by step? thank you in advance!
any solution?
Hi, I just replaced my HD yesterday after it crashed last week. now i am having bugcheck: 0x00000116, two times when i was working on my pc today. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. ... See more...
Hi, I just replaced my HD yesterday after it crashed last week. now i am having bugcheck: 0x00000116, two times when i was working on my pc today. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 (0xfffffa800c1864e0, 0xfffff880109d87a0, 0xffffffffc000009a, 0x0000000000000004). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 120114-20545-01. My monitor suddenly went blank and next thing i knew my PC restarted. PC is running on Windows 7 home (64 bit) ,Dell xps 8500, i7-3770 3.40Ghz, 8GB, nividia Geforce GT640.   any help is greatly appreciated! a thousand thanks in advance!
A thousand thanks to all who advice me and help me too! well done ! and keep up the good work! Stephen
Hi Ron, I have found out the issue why  the corrupt drive wasn't detected by the system. The SATA cable i bought was faulty! I have it changed and now I can see my corrupted drive. A thousand thank... See more...
Hi Ron, I have found out the issue why  the corrupt drive wasn't detected by the system. The SATA cable i bought was faulty! I have it changed and now I can see my corrupted drive. A thousand thanks for your advice and help! well done ! and keep up the good work! Stephen
under BIOS setup, SATA-2 Conroller details: *Controller = Serial ATA * Port = SATA-2 drive details: * Drive ID = Unknown
Did you connect the old hard drive to a port on the motherboard and a second cable to the power supply? Did you run BIOS setup and make sure the port where the old drive is connected to the motheb... See more...
Did you connect the old hard drive to a port on the motherboard and a second cable to the power supply? Did you run BIOS setup and make sure the port where the old drive is connected to the mothebard is actually turned on (enabled)? yes. yes. But I am still not able to find the corrupted drive anywhere in the system. What should I do now?
i have updated all the necessary driver in sequence for my new HD. And I have now connected the corrupted drive as a secondary. But I am not able to find the corrupted drive anywhere in the system. ... See more...
i have updated all the necessary driver in sequence for my new HD. And I have now connected the corrupted drive as a secondary. But I am not able to find the corrupted drive anywhere in the system. What should I do now?
Hi Ron, i m confused, do u meant I shouldn't have instal my new HD with slip-stream SP3 CD? do i need to Repair/Reinstall of XP on my new HD with the Dell Windows SP2 CD or slip-stream SP3 CD? i ... See more...
Hi Ron, i m confused, do u meant I shouldn't have instal my new HD with slip-stream SP3 CD? do i need to Repair/Reinstall of XP on my new HD with the Dell Windows SP2 CD or slip-stream SP3 CD? i have not update my devices drivers yet. Also, I  managed to find my 4700 manual. It states (pg 48)  that I  need to reinstall drivers with "a yellow circle with a [!]". under device manager, I see that my 4700: audio controller, and video controller,Ethernet controller with "a yellow circle with a [!]" next to it. so do i just install these drivers and to skip the rest of drivers installation? y/n? I apologise for asking such basic questions because this is the first time i m reinstalling XP. thks.
thanks Bev & Ron! i m now trying to download the drivers from Dell's page to my laptop and copy them to my new 4700drive. I also found that Dell techsupport listed the installing sequences as follows... See more...
thanks Bev & Ron! i m now trying to download the drivers from Dell's page to my laptop and copy them to my new 4700drive. I also found that Dell techsupport listed the installing sequences as follows: 1. Desktop System Software (DSS) 2Chipset - 3.PCMCIA/Smartcard controller 4.Intel Storage - 5.Audio Adapter - 6.Video Adapter - 7.Network Interface Card (NIC) - . 8.Dell Control Point (DCP) I just want make sure that I install the right drivers in correct sequence. however, I can't find PCMCIA/Smartcard controller or the intel storage for 4700, is it ok to skip this installation? And there are 10 video drivers, do I install all of them?
First of all, I would like to thank ejn63 for guiding me this far. I have successfully installed a new HD with SP3 but when I connect the corrupted old disk, the old drive did not show up as a second... See more...
First of all, I would like to thank ejn63 for guiding me this far. I have successfully installed a new HD with SP3 but when I connect the corrupted old disk, the old drive did not show up as a secondary.. where did I miss it? by the way, i have lost some of the installation CDs, so where can I find all the necessary drivers and applications to be installed? the problem now is that I have no internet connection from my ISP provider as I have also lost my internet installation CD. but I have install the ISP internet program in my laptop. Do u think it's possible to copy the internet programs and install into my 4700 new drive?
kindly resend the second link, it's the same as the first link. thanks.
i have one question, should reload the new SATA drive with the Windows XP SP2 disc from DELL or should i use the new slip-stream XP SP3?
Hi ejn63, I don't quite understand your last post. pls correct me if i am wrong, Do u meant that if I install a new, 3.5" desktop SATA drive and attach the old drive  with a SATA cable I may have a... See more...
Hi ejn63, I don't quite understand your last post. pls correct me if i am wrong, Do u meant that if I install a new, 3.5" desktop SATA drive and attach the old drive  with a SATA cable I may have a chance to recover my data? if that's possible, do u know where i can find such information or I would greatly appreciate if u could  kindly provide me: 1) a list compatible 3.5" desktop SATA drive for dimension 4700 2) the steps and procedures to install new SATA drive 3)  the steps and procedures to attach the old drive  with a SATA cable to new SATA drive thks!
i did a  full run of the Dell diagnostics  extended hard drive test , it reveals nothing. i did a hard drive diagnostics,it tells me: Drive 0: Maxtor 6Y160M0 - Fail. Return Code: 7 I tried a r... See more...
i did a  full run of the Dell diagnostics  extended hard drive test , it reveals nothing. i did a hard drive diagnostics,it tells me: Drive 0: Maxtor 6Y160M0 - Fail. Return Code: 7 I tried a repair install with  my created  ("slip-stream") SP3 CD ,  but I got as far as accepting the agreement (F8), and instead of getting to the screen to repair damage, again I was presented a screen that said this: The following list shows the existing partitioned and unpartitioned space on this computer: * to set up windows XP on the selected item, press ENTER * to create a partition in the unpartitioned space, press C * To delete the selected partition, press D What should I do now?