shaboyi's Posts

shaboyi's Posts

Solved: Bought a PCIE USB 2.0 card. It works.  Model is Sonnet Allegro USB PCIe (2.0). If i had known, i would have just bought the thing and skipped the whole driver injection exercise.  
The T330 has no native USB 2.0 support.  Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 installation media  has no native USB 3.0 support. So on OS installation the mouse and keyboard will not work.   I tried injecting ... See more...
The T330 has no native USB 2.0 support.  Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 installation media  has no native USB 3.0 support. So on OS installation the mouse and keyboard will not work.   I tried injecting the USB 3.0 drivers into the Windows 2008 server ISO (see: https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/SLN300618/en ).   Injection into the ISO works fine and it solves the problem of no keyboard or mouse in starting the OS installation BUT once the base OS is installed and you come to the first post install  screen (when it is now booting from the hard drive ) to change password and continue setup, the keyboard and mouse are again in-operable.    My best guess is that the USB 3.0 drivers did not get installed to the hard drive.  I tried starting over and reinstalling the OS but same result.  The ISO creation per above KB post was clean and successful.  No errors. I saw another Dell 'Faq' recommending disabling the USB 3.0 is system BIOS.  On this model - brand new T330 - with current, up-to-date BIOS,  there is no such BIOS setting/option. Looking for a solution.   Had an older USB 2.0 PCI card, but the machine has no PCI slots.  Thinking of trying a USB 2.0 PCIE card.   What is bewildering is  Dell sells the T330 with NO USB 2.0 compatibility - rendering installation of W2008R2 SP1 difficult and possibly  impossible.  NOTE: this OS is a Dell supported OS for the T330   I would not have purchased if  it was not  supposedly supported (I am restoring  a DC with this OS because of a failed  motherboard on a PE server).
correction  - some of the manuals have the matrix some don't - most of the earlier ones don't.  But it does appear that the last 'known' version that is compatible is 4.5.   Does anyone know how i wo... See more...
correction  - some of the manuals have the matrix some don't - most of the earlier ones don't.  But it does appear that the last 'known' version that is compatible is 4.5.   Does anyone know how i would implement the SNMP Storage Manger alerting with that software?  The version i have will not alert on disk problems, degraded containers, PERC problems, etc.   Maybe I should go back to Array Manager?  thanks.
Thanks for the answer.  I don't see a matrix there, just a list of product manuals.  and the manuals don't seem to indicate which PE models they are compatible with.  Maybe I am missing something. ... See more...
Thanks for the answer.  I don't see a matrix there, just a list of product manuals.  and the manuals don't seem to indicate which PE models they are compatible with.  Maybe I am missing something. My main objective to find  version of OMSA for the PE2500SC  that has SNMP alerting bulitin for the Storage Manager . Version 4.5 does not. thanks!
Does anyone know the most recent versions of OM Server Administrator and IT Assistant that can be used for PE2500SC?  I can't find any support documents on which versions past OMSA 4.5 are compatible... See more...
Does anyone know the most recent versions of OM Server Administrator and IT Assistant that can be used for PE2500SC?  I can't find any support documents on which versions past OMSA 4.5 are compatible.  I am currently using  OM Server Administrator 4.5 and IT Assistant 8.1.0.    I would like to go to a later versions of  OMSA  at least -  like version 6.4 - but don't know if it is compatible and the documentation is not clear.   Any help would be appreciated.  thanks!
Thanks.  That very well could be the problem, as the two machines have the same host name  - but they are both domain controllers and I don't really want to rename them (I have not renamed a DC befor... See more...
Thanks.  That very well could be the problem, as the two machines have the same host name  - but they are both domain controllers and I don't really want to rename them (I have not renamed a DC before...If it is just a matter of changing the computer name and rebooting, I'll do it.). Thx.
OpenManage Server Administrator is installed on the target machine and everything looks good.  All the tabs open properly and nothing unusual reported.   In otherwords, it installed correctly.  I dou... See more...
OpenManage Server Administrator is installed on the target machine and everything looks good.  All the tabs open properly and nothing unusual reported.   In otherwords, it installed correctly.  I double checked the SNMP service settings and they are OK -- the test itself says so (ie, the Get and Set commands pass the test). So I can't figure it out.  I used the same setup on another machine and it worked fine.  The settings are identical.   Thanks for the reply and any other suggestions.   Charles    
I am trying to monitor a server that passes SNMP tests under tools, but when I do a discover or inventory the IT Assistant applciation does not see it -- or it does not show up under devices and I ca... See more...
I am trying to monitor a server that passes SNMP tests under tools, but when I do a discover or inventory the IT Assistant applciation does not see it -- or it does not show up under devices and I can't get any information.  There are no error messages.    I don't understand why it would pass the SNMP diagnostic tests but otherwise not work.     Any suggestions?  Thanks.
Hi -   I am running IT Assistant 7.0 and am using it to manage one server on the LAN ([private IP) and one at a remote site (public IP).  Both of those servers have Server Administrator.  I   ... See more...
Hi -   I am running IT Assistant 7.0 and am using it to manage one server on the LAN ([private IP) and one at a remote site (public IP).  Both of those servers have Server Administrator.  I   I can't get the software to recognize both servers at the same time.  Only one will show up under Views > Devices > Servers at a time.  The only way to switch from a view of one server to another is to go to Discovery and Monitoring > Ranges and select the Include Range of the other server and do a Perform Discovery and Inventory Now on the machine in that range.   After doing that the other server shows up in the Views tree, but the other one is gone.    (I have Include Ranges defined for each machine).     I must be doing something wrong (it can't be by design?).   I would like to add a few more remote servers....   Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
Hi -   Looking for advice on a replacement drive for the PE2500.   The config is RAID 1 so I assume I need an identical drive, but it appears neither Dell nor Seagate sells them anymore.  The ... See more...
Hi -   Looking for advice on a replacement drive for the PE2500.   The config is RAID 1 so I assume I need an identical drive, but it appears neither Dell nor Seagate sells them anymore.  The drive is a Seagate 36G, 10K, U3, 80-pin SCSI.   It has an Adaptec Ultra160 card.       Can the same drive be found?  Best option to replace both?  Or get a new machine?   Thanks.