dromesburg's Posts

dromesburg's Posts

Folks, I am curious to see if anyone else is having an issue with their Inspiron 3847 with a 4th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.4 GHz) ???? Bought this new Dell Se... See more...
Folks, I am curious to see if anyone else is having an issue with their Inspiron 3847 with a 4th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.4 GHz) ???? Bought this new Dell Sept 25th, 2014 and probably powered it up October 2014. February 2016 (16 months later), power up the Inspiron 3847, used my computer for part of the day at home, doing day to day stuff. I use an APC battery backup and surge, while using the computer, smelled the electrical smell, computer died. I tried to isolate where the smell was coming from after opening the case and really couldn't, nor could I see anything that would indicate where the electrical issue came from. After spending almost $650 on the new computer 16 months earlier, I figured it had to be the motherboard or processor because I've done extensive troubleshooting and can't find the issue. I work in an enterprise environment for over 20 years and have PC/desktop experience for over 20 yrs as well. I also replaced the power supply, still doesn't work. Swapped out memory, even bought a refurbed MB from Dell, no dice, so my only option left is a new processor. However I am reluctant to spend another $200 on a processor because this will bring my total to almost $1,000.00 for a $650.00 Dell computer that isn't even close a mid-end computer. The light on the power button has always been a solid amber color, never flashing. I've tried the power button work around and have the same results. I've checked every single wire, including removing the connections for the media reader, dvd drive, etc and still the same thing. When I called Dell support, they offered me Out Of Warranty onsite support, which would have been great, however that was $375.00 or close to that. Why bother when they would bring out a MB, processor, memory and simply swap everything out, then again I am back to a $1,000.00 low/mid end computer that shouldn't be the case. Anyone else?????? I've worked with Dell Servers, storage, networking equipment, printers, almost everything they make for years. This isn't typical, however one major competitor was the same way before, now I no longer ever buy the 'H' products, period and I certainly don't suggest any of their products to family and friends. When people know you work in Technology for 20+ years, they don't hesitate to ask you what you recommend...
Problems allday, are you still having your issue? I have same model Inspiron 3847 and the same issue occurred last week. Using the computer for most of the day, smelled an electrical smell and comput... See more...
Problems allday, are you still having your issue? I have same model Inspiron 3847 and the same issue occurred last week. Using the computer for most of the day, smelled an electrical smell and computer wouldn't work. I've had this system for about 18 months, no issues. When I hit the power button, you hear the fans and it sounds like it is powering up for about 10 seconds, then clicks off. A few seconds later it powers up again and continues to run however nothing is visible, the power switch is always a constant amber, that never changes. I removed the few cards I had installed. Even replaced the power supply, still have the issue. I ordered a new motherboard (refurbished from Dell), replaced it and still the same issue. I've removed memory 1 stick, same issue. Put the other stick in, same issue. I hesitate to replace the processor, however even after removing literally everything I know that I can, still amber light on power switch and everything is still the same. I am hoping you have a solution for this. Since the motherboard cost me over $125 and did not resolve my issue, if I need to drop $200 on a processor, I might as well buy a new pc instead.
Folks, I found a solution, a work around if you will.. After spending time with Vantec support and a ton of time with Dell 2nd level support; seems like unless there is a sata drive attached to the 1... See more...
Folks, I found a solution, a work around if you will.. After spending time with Vantec support and a ton of time with Dell 2nd level support; seems like unless there is a sata drive attached to the 1st port, this error message will continue, there is no way to turn off the error message. The BIOS does not have any setting to suppress or disable boot up messages. I have to give credit to dell support, the lvl 2 person I spoke with ended with this workaround and it worked... Attached 1 sata drive to the 1st port, see if this solves the hard drive failure error message. So here is what you have to do to get it to work correctly.... If you don't reformat the SATA port 0 drive, then the OS will try to boot on that drive or perhaps for drive format may not be correct. motherboard Sata port - old laptop sata hard drive, I reformatted to NTFS. Added the 2 drives back to the Vantec UGT-IS100R controller that is already installed and configured as RAID 1, mirror set. So what happens now is I think the BIOS as least recognizes the sata laptop empty, yet reformatted drive, then moves to the RAID drives on the Vantec UGT-IS100R controller and boots nicely into WIndows 7. Once in Windows 7, do into disk management and remove any drive letter from the laptop drive. You do this so Windows doesn't show the drive under My Computer and no one writes data out to that drive. Works beautifully, though having a BIOS entry would have been so much easier. This works, no error boot up message, great to go!!!
Hi Speedstep thank you for the reply.. I didn't realize notifications were turned off, so I just logged in and saw your response as well. I turned notifications on now.. Boot mode is set to Legacy,... See more...
Hi Speedstep thank you for the reply.. I didn't realize notifications were turned off, so I just logged in and saw your response as well. I turned notifications on now.. Boot mode is set to Legacy, the only Errors you can set to disable or report is the Keyboard errors, that is all I can find going through every screen... Under "Main" Sata 0 & 1 list as empty, because there is no Sata hard drive attached to either port. The hard drives are attached to the Vantec SATA II UGT-IS100R. One thing to note is the MB must recognize this controller as a RAID controller, because prior to installing this card, there was never a Boot Device listed with RAID, I could select the SATA drive, or DVD or USB, etc, however no RAID would show up in the list.. Set the 1st Boot Device to Internal HDD Devices:RAID, which I did select since it is available in the menu now. There is a section below that is Hard Disk Drivers: choices are RAID or Disabled so I set it to RAID... so my dilemma... I hate the fact Dell doesn't like BIOS configurations or settings. I was almost thinking perhaps I need to install one disk to the internal MB connection, and one to the 1st RAID port on the controller, however I don't even think that makes sense. That is about the only option I can think of since I've tried everything else. I've set up literally thousands of computer, including servers (which I know are not the same) and have never seen anything like this... thanks
Thanks Ron, sorry for the delay, the response notification was turned off... From what I recall there is no RAID controller on this MB, so there is no setting for this. On other Dells I could configu... See more...
Thanks Ron, sorry for the delay, the response notification was turned off... From what I recall there is no RAID controller on this MB, so there is no setting for this. On other Dells I could configure the RAID because that mb included a RAID controller, this one does not.. thanks
Folks I know with the Dell inspiron 3847 to be able to configure the sata drives as RAID1 or any RAID configuration won't work. So I bought and installed a Vantec 4+1 SATA II w/RAID. I have the ... See more...
Folks I know with the Dell inspiron 3847 to be able to configure the sata drives as RAID1 or any RAID configuration won't work. So I bought and installed a Vantec 4+1 SATA II w/RAID. I have the OS reinstalled on the RAID configured drives for the Vantec controller. Since I have no sata drives attached to the onboard sata ports, I get the error message stating (paraphrasing here) similar to going into setup or press F2 (we will say to continue). So pressing F2 to continue reads the Vantec RAID controller and boots into Win 7 64 bit, no issues, runs great. I set the BIOS to no stop on the error messages however it still errors so I have to press a key to continue. I've even set the Bootup devices to if I recall correctly to boot to RAID, which the setting is listed I think since I have the Vantec raid controller configured for Raid 1.. So how do I enable in the BIOS to just simply boot up and move to the RAID controller without an error message and go from there???? Its been a few days since I booted up, so I am going off of memory on the message, however it is very close to what the message states. I think if I disable any boot up devices, then naturally nothing boots and the computer sits at the Dell boot up logo. I can't find any BIOS settings for the configurations online in Dells manuals. Not sure if there is any way to get the BIOS configuration documentation somewhere? the motherboard installed is a Great Bear motherboard MIH81R / 13040-1M is what I see stamped on the MB... thanks if anyone has any ideas.. appreciate your time.
I see the same issue and wondered the same.. Also I only have 1 user that I don't want to have to log in. How can I set up the LCD menu so the few buttons he will use are on the very first screen??
Does Dell ever look at this stuff or ?
Folks, Not sure if Dell monitors this forum or not? I've read numerous articles about the 004-321 reseat drum issue. My printer is X number of years old, see details sheet I have attached. This is ... See more...
Folks, Not sure if Dell monitors this forum or not? I've read numerous articles about the 004-321 reseat drum issue. My printer is X number of years old, see details sheet I have attached. This is my 2nd drum for this printer and I've only printed a total of 4,381 pages. This is a home printer that I use once in a while and as you can probably tell, I do not print out a lot. I've checked to make sure you can see the silver tab, which you can. The brand new Dell drum was sent to me a few years ago and now this is the issue I have. This printer simply sits in my den, with my computer and I live in an area, Pittsburgh, PA where we have all 4 seasons and I use air conditioning in the summer. So its not like this printer is sitting in a hot stuffy garage or basement anywhere... What is going on? I've been waiting for Dell to come out with a wide format All In One, color laser for my house. I just bought an Epson Workforce for $300.00 that is wide format printer and scanner, however I am not a huge inkjet fan. I really like the print from a color laser printer. I am not sinking more monies into buying  a new drum when this is my 2nd drum and I haven't even printed 4,400 pages yet, honestly. I think there is something faulty and I know, no printer lasts forever. Where I work, we have a competitor printer that has printed 83,577 pages without any issue! So what is the deal???? I really love this printer and can't believe how crappy this is to happen. Sincerely Dave R. Pittsburgh, PA <ADMIN NOTE : Image containing service tag removed as per privacy policy>
Folks I need some help here, not sure if anyone else has had this issue or not. Dell already replaced my fuser I think once and I barely use this printer. If I print the same picture 8 1/2 x 11 the... See more...
Folks I need some help here, not sure if anyone else has had this issue or not. Dell already replaced my fuser I think once and I barely use this printer. If I print the same picture 8 1/2 x 11 the photo prints fine. If I print legal size you can see the distortion towards the bottom of the page. I am not strengthing the photo, the photo is actually a larger size. I can't believe for as little as I print, to have an issue like this.  NOTE: I've even printed other legal size pages with graphics and have a similar issue with the legal size paper. This has only been recently, so there has to be an issue that somene is aware of. This is really crappy! good thing I just bought an Epson Workforce Wide format printer, I don't have this issue with that printer. total pages printed since I bought this printer X years back = 4,330 total letter pages printed = 4,087 total legal pages printed = 241 pages, period Please view the attached photos and attached .mht files which show my printer statistics. I know my black toner is low, however I don't think this is causing the issue. ALso I used that cleaning wand and nothing changed.  Review the 2nd image and towards the bottom you can clearly see the distored colors in the image. I can not upload the .mht files so unfortunately if you need that information, I will need to take a screen shot of that information. Someone please help?????? thank you  
It seems like this problem is consistent with quite a few Dell 3100CN printers. Even from looking at these posts, you see thousands of reads, not just hundreds, but a few thousand, which tells me s... See more...
It seems like this problem is consistent with quite a few Dell 3100CN printers. Even from looking at these posts, you see thousands of reads, not just hundreds, but a few thousand, which tells me something.. My 3100CN I bought on 2/14/2006 and I've only printed 960 color pages. I use it at home for various family functions, etc not even for a business. My color cartridges all show still 80% full, black is 60% full.  WOW -  I edited my post and I am blown away by the AWESOME support from DELL!! Per Bill from support this is going to be handled by Dell. I am really truly above and beyond impressed!! Quickest turn around I have ever experienced!!!! WOW... Thank you so much DELL and BILL!!! Sincerely Dave R. Pittsburgh PA Message Edited by dromesburg on 03-04-2008 02:39 PM