drivesmeupawall's Posts

drivesmeupawall's Posts

For future reference, if the laptop has the dynamic privacy screen it will use the F9 key and has a special icon there on the laptop keyboard.
Graham, Regarding this note: I occasionally have to restart the machine after a cold start to get the items attached to the dock to function there are two things I have to mention if you are still... See more...
Graham, Regarding this note: I occasionally have to restart the machine after a cold start to get the items attached to the dock to function there are two things I have to mention if you are still having these issues. First is that Windows 10 only hibernates when you choose 'shut down' from the user interface by default. You have to restart to make W10 fully shut down, or shut down with the command line 'shutdown -s -t 0' (shutdown in 0 seconds). This has caused numerous issues with various bits of hardware in my experience, and why a cold start doesn't necessarily solve your problem - it's actually only waking from hibernation. Second is to make sure you set BIOS settings to match Dell's recommendations found here (scroll down to part 3): https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln308303/dell-usb-c-and-thunderbolt-docks-wd15-tb16-tb18dc-wd19-wd19tb-wd19dc-d6000-bios-settings-and-driver-installation-for-troubleshooting?lang=en good luck!
Still no solution that I'm aware of, this is still happening. One thing I noticed recently when this happened to my own system was that my video output options are "digital display", "digital display... See more...
Still no solution that I'm aware of, this is still happening. One thing I noticed recently when this happened to my own system was that my video output options are "digital display", "digital display 2" and "virtual display". When I woke up my system from sleep it did had chosen digital display and virtual display as it's two outputs, with the Windows login screen on the virtual display - I was able to log in by typing my familiar keys, then change the display configuration to 'digital display' and 'digital display 2', correcting the problem. I would love to know where 'virtual display' is coming from and how to stop it from being there on wakeup.
Thanks. I would like more details on this. I have an E7250 latitude in this case, a 2016 model, so it's definitely a "newer system", but I can't find any wipe drive option in the BIOS.
Hello all, One way to fully erase an SSD is to erase and repartition the drive, then fill the new partition, forcing the drive to overwrite the blocks. But I know there is a simple low-level comman... See more...
Hello all, One way to fully erase an SSD is to erase and repartition the drive, then fill the new partition, forcing the drive to overwrite the blocks. But I know there is a simple low-level command to tell most SSDs to erase all blocks. How can I do this? The SSD in question is a Samsung PM851 from a Latitude E7250. Is there a BIOS command I can run on the laptop? I currently have the mSATA drive removed from the laptop and it's in an external case, but I can reinstall it into the laptop if a BIOS command is needed. Samsung won't support the drive as it's only sold to OEMs. I have seen that the program "Parted Magic" claims to be able to do this - but I shouldn't need to purchase something to erase a drive like this. What is the command I need to send to the drive? How do I do it using Dell supported methods? It should be a quick and easy thing to do. Thanks
Interesting, thanks for the reply. We've tried the WLAN Hotkey Driver with mixed results. Sometimes it works for a little while but most of the time it doesn't work.
So this happens to several of our machines now. Almost all of our Latitude E7250 and E7450s using the Dell E-port replicator. Does anyone else have this issue? Thanks -D
FWIW I've created cases with Dell in the past, and then a driver update would fix the issue, or a new hotfix would appear. But I'm getting tired of fighting and having to check this feature EVERY SIN... See more...
FWIW I've created cases with Dell in the past, and then a driver update would fix the issue, or a new hotfix would appear. But I'm getting tired of fighting and having to check this feature EVERY SINGLE TIME I have a machine in for updates.
Our wireless network has about a bazillion devices connected. to it. To reduce the load, I have always used the Latitude's Power Management BIOS setting under Wireless Radio Control to 'Control WLAN ... See more...
Our wireless network has about a bazillion devices connected. to it. To reduce the load, I have always used the Latitude's Power Management BIOS setting under Wireless Radio Control to 'Control WLAN Radio'. With a wired docking station this turns the wireless card off for everyone at a desk. In recent iterations of the E7270 and E7470 laptops, the BIOS setting is ignored and the wireless card stays on no matter what. Different versions of the BIOS and different versions of drivers seem to fix this, but what the ***. It affects every single machine I update. Basically, I should pick an old set of drivers and BIOS and never update again if I want this feature to work. Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. Lately the BIOS has been updated to 1.07.03. Wireless driver is Intel 18.40. "Wireless Key Hotfix" driver that used to address this issue is A02. Does anyone else see this or use this feature? Besides rolling back drivers and BIOS, does anyone know a fix? This was one of my favorite Latititude features. Now it's broken on all my new machines. I manage about 20 of these systems and any of them that are recent I have to either roll back drivers, BIOS, or something, or forget about this feature which stinks. Thanks for any tips that work.
Hello, I'm pretty sure I've discovered a bug after a graphics driver update last week. I can duplicate the problem using the following scenario: Latitude E7250 with Intel 5500 graphics, Dell simp... See more...
Hello, I'm pretty sure I've discovered a bug after a graphics driver update last week. I can duplicate the problem using the following scenario: Latitude E7250 with Intel 5500 graphics, Dell simple port replicator docking station. Any monitor, plugged into DisplayPort on dock. Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. Intel graphics driver 20.19.15.4377-A03 downloaded from the Dell drivers and support page (filename Video_Driver_49H49_WN32_20.19.15.4377_A03.EXE). Laptop running in dock with lid closed, external display only. Remove laptop from Docking station, open lid, use laptop. Close lid, wait for laptop to sleep. Put laptop in dock, leave lid closed, press power button on dock to wake laptop. Monitor turns on with black screen and a mouse. The mouse appears to be able to move off the lefthand side of the screen, you can move it off a distance and it takes a little while to return to the screen when you move the mouse back to the right. ie it seems like the laptop thinks the monitor has a display arrangment with this black screen on the far right, although it's the only monitor. At this point there are a couple of ways you can get the external display back to normal. 1) open the lid, the system returns to mirrored or extended display as expected, close the lid, re-wake laptop with the power button on the dock and it comes up on the external monitor normally. Or, 2) power off the monitor, wait a few seconds, power the monitor back on - it seems to detect displays and returns to normal external-only display arrangement. If I uninstall this particular driver version and install an older driver (the next most recent I could find was Video_Driver_FGGYJ_WN32_10.18.14.4280_A17.EXE) and the above error does not happen. I didn't open a support case because my user needed their computer back so I wouldn't have it to make the phone call. Can anyone else confirm if they can duplicate this issue, or can a Dell rep confirm if I can open a case without the computer present? I can completely duplicate this issue - install the newer driver and it works incorrectly as described above. Install the older driver and it works like it should - waking up to the external display with the lid closed normally. Thanks, -D
Hi db-it - I prefer to get the NIC driver from Intel, if your system came with the Intel NIC. The driver at the link below also encompasses a lot of older Intel NICs, so it's good to have on a system... See more...
Hi db-it - I prefer to get the NIC driver from Intel, if your system came with the Intel NIC. The driver at the link below also encompasses a lot of older Intel NICs, so it's good to have on a system image. Now that I have updated my image with the newer NIC I don't have a problem anymore - it was just the first time! Hope this is helpful.https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/71307/Intel-Ethernet-Connection-I218-LM  PS - if the link doesn't work, just google "Intel 219LM driver" and the first intel page that comes up should lead you to the right place. The other option, of course, is to download the driver from the Dell drivers and downloads page based on your computer's service tag number. That's sure to get you the right things.
Well, I figured this one out. No go with USB, but I was able to connect an external SATA cd-rom drive to a docking station that the computer recognized! Then on another machine I burned the NIC insta... See more...
Well, I figured this one out. No go with USB, but I was able to connect an external SATA cd-rom drive to a docking station that the computer recognized! Then on another machine I burned the NIC installer to CD and this one is back in business. I was surprised there was no 'legacy USB' mode in the BIOS like I've seen in other USB 3 laptops. If you have Latitude docking stations, maybe you will be lucky enough to find an external SATA drive. Mine has Dell part number "K01B". As far as I can tell this is out of production, but they can still be found on ebay and amazon. Anyhow, this worked for me. Good luck! Dell, please consider adding a legacy USB mode to the BIOS on this system. Thank you!
Hello all, I'm struggling with this one. I have a brand new Latitude E7470. I installed our internal Windows 7 image (we use Acronis Snap Deploy) and it installed fine over the network, but the ins... See more...
Hello all, I'm struggling with this one. I have a brand new Latitude E7470. I installed our internal Windows 7 image (we use Acronis Snap Deploy) and it installed fine over the network, but the installed W7  won't recognize any of the USB hubs or ports (the keyboard and mouse still work), and doesn't know the new Intel I219-LM or new Intel 8260 wifi NIC. Since there is no internal CD, I have no way to get drivers to the system to start communications!!! Our image works on most newer Dell systems, but this E7470 is apparently all too new. How can I make this thing see even a USB flash drive or SD card? All I need to do is get a NIC driver to it, then I can take care of the rest. The other thing I tried is to install W7 from scratch. I have a Dell branded W7 SP1 64-bit installer on USB drive. I can't install Windows 7 from this USB key because it isn't aware of the drivers needed for the M.2 SSD. I'm assuming that even if I did get W7 to install from this disc, I'd still be out of luck with USB or NIC drivers on it... So, what do I do now? We are still a W7 shop so I need to figure out a new way to get W7 on this machine. The way I see it I have two options. I could take an older computer, load our image on it, drop the new NIC driver installers on it or teach them with pnp, and create a new image from that to push to this laptop, install the new NIC drivers and re-create our image. Or I could build an entirely new system off the OEM dell build that came with the E7470 and W7 downgrade. Yes I did make a backup of the OE system before I wiped it. Just wondering if anyone has run across this before and has any ideas how to make a system learn about the USB chipsets when it has seemingly no way to load external files. Once I figure this out I can make it our new image so it will be backward-chipset aware, but it's getting the new chipsets recognized that I'm having a problem with. Thanks in advance for any ideas!
I do not see a comment or feedback section on the comments page anywhere. Maybe you see a different page for being a Dell Employee? Anyway, thanks for notifying them. Did you also mention there is no... See more...
I do not see a comment or feedback section on the comments page anywhere. Maybe you see a different page for being a Dell Employee? Anyway, thanks for notifying them. Did you also mention there is nothing in the manual about installing RAM?
Thanks. I downloaded the manual yesterday from the Manuals link on the E7450 support page: http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/latitude-e7450-ultrabook/diagnose?rvps=y... See more...
Thanks. I downloaded the manual yesterday from the Manuals link on the E7450 support page: http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/latitude-e7450-ultrabook/diagnose?rvps=y
Hello all, I'm not sure who to send this to. There is an error in the owners manual for the Latitude E7450. To remove the base cover, the manual says to remove the battery, remove the two retaining... See more...
Hello all, I'm not sure who to send this to. There is an error in the owners manual for the Latitude E7450. To remove the base cover, the manual says to remove the battery, remove the two retaining screws and then pry the base cover off. This is completely incorrect, and will result in a broken base cover. The correct way to remove it is to remove the two retaining screws under the battery, then simply SLIDE the base cover TOWARDS the empty battery compartment, and lift up. No prying necessary. Prying the cover up will result in breaking off it's little retaining tabs inside. Ask me how I know... Anyway, if someone from Dell is watching this forum, please get this corrected in the owner's manual. It caused me to damage the base cover on an E7450, breaking off two internal tabs, one of which tore a small hole through the cover. Also, the owners manual does not mention replacing or upgrading RAM, which is right below the base cover.
WOW. Great research, and I'm glad you figured out what was going on. That sure sounds like it can be resolved in a driver update. I hope somebody from Dell or Synaptics reads this!!!!
Just to be clear on this - to make the touchpad work right, I had to update the BIOS, then reinstall the latest chipset and touchpad drivers in that order. It didn't start working right for me until ... See more...
Just to be clear on this - to make the touchpad work right, I had to update the BIOS, then reinstall the latest chipset and touchpad drivers in that order. It didn't start working right for me until I had reinstalled the touchpad drivers.
We have a number of E7440 laptops here, all running W7-64 Professional. Recently I've updated a number of them to BIOS A14 and installed the latest drivers (early April-ish). Since then I have a few ... See more...
We have a number of E7440 laptops here, all running W7-64 Professional. Recently I've updated a number of them to BIOS A14 and installed the latest drivers (early April-ish). Since then I have a few users complaining of the screen going dark and being nearly impossible to wake up. I have read through a number of blank-screen threads here and I'm pretty sure the laptops aren't stacked and the users aren't wearing a watch with a magnetic clasp. I'm wondering if anyone else is having trouble just recently with black/blank screens. Putting the system in/out of a dock and hooking up and external display does not resolve the issue. The laptop doesn't appear to be sleeping (pulsating power button not present), it seems to be on but will not wake up no matter what keys you press. Sometimes closing the lid will make the display light up just before it closes, then it goes to sleep...  but then when you open the lid it 'wakes up' but stays dark. It's not consistent, and happening on more than one machine. Anyone else? Thanks, -Derek