shorwitz's Posts

shorwitz's Posts

Thanks, Kate. I found https://emcservice.force.com/CustomersPartners/kA5j00000008TarCAE but I am wondering what the implications are if I increase the number of entries from the default 5,000 to ... See more...
Thanks, Kate. I found https://emcservice.force.com/CustomersPartners/kA5j00000008TarCAE but I am wondering what the implications are if I increase the number of entries from the default 5,000 to 15,000 or 25,000. Before I make this change, I want to be sure I don't trigger a problem where Avamar runs out of some resource to hold onto those extra log entries. I don't need to increase the retention length, only the number of entries.
Forgive my ignorance, but what is DECN?
We recently upgraded from Avamar 7.4.1 to 7.5.1. Shortly prior to the upgrade, I ran into a situation where entries in the Avamar's activity window in the Administrator GUI would disappear. I was... See more...
We recently upgraded from Avamar 7.4.1 to 7.5.1. Shortly prior to the upgrade, I ran into a situation where entries in the Avamar's activity window in the Administrator GUI would disappear. I was hoping this problem would be fixed in 7.5.1. Alas, this problem continues on the two Avamar systems I manage (primary and replication target). I opened an SR with Dell EMC about it yesterday. Much to my surprise, this problem can't be fixed. We are replicating so many backups via policy-based replication that the replications' log entries are pushing off the log entries from the previous night's backups. As a result, I am working blind with regard to managing the nightly backups and troubleshooting any failed backups because there's no way to click on the activity entry for a failed backup to view its log. Most of what we back up and replicate are VMware VMs. I am wondering if anyone else has run into this situation. How do you manage your backups when you can't see the activity log from the previous night or weekend? If I need to generate a support bundle to upload to an SR, what should I do? I want to document all of this so I can have a colleague handle backup management when I am not available. Are their any third party or optional EMC products that provide Avamar log file management that I should know about? Thanks, Stan
Greetings everyone; I am new to DPA report customizing. I am using 6.2SP1 and I have a question about modifying the Deduplication Cost Savings report in the RIO section. I want to schedule tha... See more...
Greetings everyone; I am new to DPA report customizing. I am using 6.2SP1 and I have a question about modifying the Deduplication Cost Savings report in the RIO section. I want to schedule that report to be sent via email once a month, but it needs a cost/gb as an input parameter, which has to be typed in interactively. I made a custom copy of this report, but I don't see how to modify the copy to automatically provide the requested input parameter, which is cost/gb. I tried drilling down into the individual tables in the report and I see where cost/gb variable is referenced and that it has a null value, but when I type in the value I want to provide into that field then try to view the result, I still have to interactively provide that value, which of course, won't work with a scheduled email report. Ideally, I also want to limit this report to the 20 most expensive clients to back up. Any suggestions on how to do that?
I only dabble a bit with DPA. I am using it now only to monitor Avamar backups, but I want to set it up to monitor VMware. Specifically, I want to get alerts whenever a VM is deleted, renamed, or... See more...
I only dabble a bit with DPA. I am using it now only to monitor Avamar backups, but I want to set it up to monitor VMware. Specifically, I want to get alerts whenever a VM is deleted, renamed, or created. This seems fairly modest to me. Is it possible? Do I need any additional licenses in my DPA environment? I tried to go to the VMware section in the Discovery wizard, but the line with the "VMware" checkbox is grayed out (see the attached screen shot). How do I get started setting this up? The admin guide is no help at all with this.
You can only replicate Avamar->Avamar and Data Domain->Data Domain, as far as I know. Your best bet is to work with your EMC account team or reseller to see what options work best in your situati... See more...
You can only replicate Avamar->Avamar and Data Domain->Data Domain, as far as I know. Your best bet is to work with your EMC account team or reseller to see what options work best in your situation.
I had to open a service request with EMC. The problem I had with getting alerts to work on failed Avamar backups turned out to be the result of a software bug. The fix required me to install an u... See more...
I had to open a service request with EMC. The problem I had with getting alerts to work on failed Avamar backups turned out to be the result of a software bug. The fix required me to install an update.
Jacob, Thanks for the reply. I actually fixed this issue. In DPA 5.5, email addresses in scheduled reports can be separated by a coma and a blank space. In DPA 6, the rules changed a bit. I ha... See more...
Jacob, Thanks for the reply. I actually fixed this issue. In DPA 5.5, email addresses in scheduled reports can be separated by a coma and a blank space. In DPA 6, the rules changed a bit. I had to remove the blank spaces and only use a comma to separate each email address, instead of “, “.
I am new to DPA 6.1. I have set up some scheduled reports to be emailed out daily. No problem there, but I can't seem to find a way to have the reports emailed out to multiple recipients. When I ... See more...
I am new to DPA 6.1. I have set up some scheduled reports to be emailed out daily. No problem there, but I can't seem to find a way to have the reports emailed out to multiple recipients. When I go into the report editor and put in addresses separated by commas in the to field, I get an error. Changing the commas to spaces or semicolons yields the same problem. What is the trick here to send the scheduled reports to  multiple editors? I am coming from DPA 5.5 where this was possible, but that capability seems to have changed or removed from DPA 6.1?
Greetings, I have an ancient DPA 5.5 server that needs to be put out to pasture so I set up a new DPA 6.1 server on a 64-bit Red Hat Linux VM. On DPA 5.5, I have a few basic reports and alerts... See more...
Greetings, I have an ancient DPA 5.5 server that needs to be put out to pasture so I set up a new DPA 6.1 server on a 64-bit Red Hat Linux VM. On DPA 5.5, I have a few basic reports and alerts set up, but those were set up years ago by EMC professional services. I do not want to migrate anything from 5.5 to my new 6.1 server; I want to start 6.1 from scratch. I have the licenses to do this. So I installed and licensed DPA 6.1 yesterday. Now, I am struggling to set it up to send me an immediate alert whenever an Avamar backup fails. I believe I need to set up a custom policy rule, then assign it to an alert. What I would like to do is get more info out of 6.1 alerts then I get from 5.5. In 5.5, all I get is an alert that an Avamar backup failed that only has the name of the failed client in it, not any of the details regarding the cause of the failure, so I am hoping to get some more details on failures of Avamar backups from DPA 6.1, but I am at a loss as to how to do that. Any tips on how to accomplish this will be appreciated. I have reviewed the admin guide and been playing around with DPA 6.1 this morning and yesterday, but the learning curve is steep. If anyone has any tips on how to set up this type of immediate alert plus any pointers to reference materials on how to use DPA 6.1, please let me know.
I am running DPA 5.5 with the iAnywhere database (soon to be upgraded to 6.0SP1) on a Red Hat Linux server. When I try to access the system settings from the GUI, nothing happens. I pull down the... See more...
I am running DPA 5.5 with the iAnywhere database (soon to be upgraded to 6.0SP1) on a Red Hat Linux server. When I try to access the system settings from the GUI, nothing happens. I pull down the file menu, then select "system settings" and I am ignored. This happens when I open the GUI directly on my Mac workstation or via Citrix. If anyone has any ideas on how to fix it, please let me know.
One of my systems managers wants a daily report on the status of his servers' Avamar backups (succesful and failed). A separate report per client is fine, or aggregated into a single report. He w... See more...
One of my systems managers wants a daily report on the status of his servers' Avamar backups (succesful and failed). A separate report per client is fine, or aggregated into a single report. He wants thisi report emailed to him directly from Avamar automatically every day either at a specific time of day or as the clients' backups finish (either one is fine). He does not want this report from DPA. I am wondering if this is possible under Avamar 6.1. I have been going through the profile options in the admin GUI and I read the Avamar Admin 6.1 Guide, but I don't see any way to send a report on the status of client x to joe_doe@temple.edu . Have I overlooked something? Is this type of report possible to generate automatically via the Avamar GUI? If so, how?
Hi Amol; Here are the answers to your questions ... 1. It took 10-11 hours for a regular Exchange backup of the 2 TB of data from tthe Exchange server. 2. The p_cache.dat file is current... See more...
Hi Amol; Here are the answers to your questions ... 1. It took 10-11 hours for a regular Exchange backup of the 2 TB of data from tthe Exchange server. 2. The p_cache.dat file is currently 1.50 GB. 3. No changes were done as far as tuning. 4. There is 20GB of memory installed to the machine and 13GB of it is currently free.     a. This is on the passive node. It is hard to get these numbers on the active said as we use Windows Server 2008, which allows the system to use all         available memory and release it as needed. Because of this, it always shows 95-98% memory utilization. 5. It is a CCR cluster.
I have a dual node (active passive) cluster Exchange 2007 with Windows 2008 on it. This Exchange server has nearly 2TB of data on it. Backing this thing up to our Avamar grid is proving to be ... See more...
I have a dual node (active passive) cluster Exchange 2007 with Windows 2008 on it. This Exchange server has nearly 2TB of data on it. Backing this thing up to our Avamar grid is proving to be a real challenge. We have been using the Exchange database plug-in, but the backup times are increasing, most likely due to data growth. Upon recommendation of EMC, we switched to the new Exchange 2007 VSS plug-in. Unfortunately, we have hit a bottleneck with that plug-in, where it spends roughly eight hours doing a backup integrity check on the Exchange 2007 server before any data is sent to our Avamar grid. This is true regardless of whether we back up the passive or active node. As a result, backups with this plug-in are running in the 23 hour range, which interferes with daily garbage collection. I am wondering what others are doing in this situation and if there are any tips on how to speed up that backup integrity check process. If you have any thoughts on this matter, please let me know. I do have a case open with EMC regarding this slow Exchange backup problem, but I am hoping to tap into the knowledge of more people while EMC researches this issue. Thanks, Stan Horwitz
Thank you. I will ask EMC about these patches.
Please elorate on what these patches are? What do they fix? Also, it seems that the error message stopped appearing in the daemon.raw file when I checked on Friday morning. I am inclined to wait f... See more...
Please elorate on what these patches are? What do they fix? Also, it seems that the error message stopped appearing in the daemon.raw file when I checked on Friday morning. I am inclined to wait for 7.4 SP2, but I would like to know about these mandatory patches because I have had some cases open with EMC for months since I upgraded from 7.2.1 to 7.4 and no one on the EMC side has suggested I install any patches.
I saw the other thread with a similar topic, but since its marked as solved, I figured I should start a new topic. Is it safe to assume, based on what was said in that other thread from earlier to... See more...
I saw the other thread with a similar topic, but since its marked as solved, I figured I should start a new topic. Is it safe to assume, based on what was said in that other thread from earlier today that jobsdb is having trouble tracking jobs? I see how to change the retention period and jobsdb size, but I do not know what changes would be sensible for the size and retention period. Are there any guidelines to help me set these parameters for my site? I run NetWorker 7.4.1 under Solaris 10 sparc on a Sun T2000 with one Red Hat Linux storage node and a Sun X4500 storage node (with Solaris 10). Thank you
Note that I am running NetWorker 7.4.1 on a Sun T2000 with Solaris 10 sparc.
I am seeing this too. How do I make these changes to the nsrjobsdb retention period and size? More importantly, how do I determine what retention period and size is appropriate for my environment?
I have a case open with Dell on this issue, but since they have not yet provided a solution, I figured I would ask here about the problem. I have a new Dell PowerEdge 2950 with three fibre chann... See more...
I have a case open with Dell on this issue, but since they have not yet provided a solution, I figured I would ask here about the problem. I have a new Dell PowerEdge 2950 with three fibre channel HBAs. I had a problem where the NICs were not visible to Linux, so Dell swapped out the motherboard. Now, I cannot get the machine on our network. I am trying to set up this server with a static IP address and I have set up the relevant files, but when I reboot, /sbin/ifconfig does not contain the appropriate network parameters (i.e., no IP address, no broadcast address, etc.) for eth0 even though I have configured /etc/sysconfig/network and /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 I have been working via email with Dell on this for several hours and googling over the past few days without any progress at all. I am wondering if anyone on this forum has any ideas on how to fix this problem. Thanks, Stan Horwitz