turnkey86's Posts

turnkey86's Posts

This is now taken care of this thread can be stopped or deleted. Thank you, turnkey86
I have this taken care of now and this thread can be stopped.   Thank you, turnkey86
Thank you, I posted the question in Malware Removal too.  Any ideas at all from you on how to even get into Internet Options?  It doesn't give an error or anything when I click on it, it just does no... See more...
Thank you, I posted the question in Malware Removal too.  Any ideas at all from you on how to even get into Internet Options?  It doesn't give an error or anything when I click on it, it just does nothing.  I am on a different computer now as the infected one will not connect. Appreciate your help!
Hello, I just keep getting the above message and can not connect to the internet.  I only get blank IE pages and can not even go into Internet Options.  I am on a different computer right now.  I h... See more...
Hello, I just keep getting the above message and can not connect to the internet.  I only get blank IE pages and can not even go into Internet Options.  I am on a different computer right now.  I have ran Avast and Malwarebytes' and was just told I may have an incomplete malware removal.....any help would be greatly appreciated.  Suggestions? Thank you,   3/8/09 This is now taken care of and this thread can be stopped or deleted. Thank you, turnkey86
Ok, nobody seems to know, but on searches in other sites I've found info about going into Tools/Internet Options etc.  Problem is, it won't open.  Does anybody know how I can get in there?
I think this has to do with a virus from a few days ago, but not sure. I get a box with the above info in it after start up and my browser pages have the tool bar info, but are blank other than that ... See more...
I think this has to do with a virus from a few days ago, but not sure. I get a box with the above info in it after start up and my browser pages have the tool bar info, but are blank other than that - won't connect. I can't even get in the Tools/Internet Options area. Does anybody know about this virus/error and how to repair? Thank you,
Recommend download, install and run Malwarebytes' Anti -Malware, the free version is sufficient.  It should take out the fake alert bug.
Hello,   I think this has to do with a virus from a few days ago, but not sure.  I get a box with the above info in it after start up and my browser pages have the tool bar info, but are blank ot... See more...
Hello,   I think this has to do with a virus from a few days ago, but not sure.  I get a box with the above info in it after start up and my browser pages have the tool bar info, but are blank other than that - won't connect.  I can't even get in the Tools/Internet Options area.  Does anybody know about this error and how to repair? Thank you,
Not sure, but what about your graphics card?  Is it high end, or low end?  Can you try a different one?  Back to the channels, Primary and Secondary, the Transfer Mode and Current Transfer Modes a... See more...
Not sure, but what about your graphics card?  Is it high end, or low end?  Can you try a different one?  Back to the channels, Primary and Secondary, the Transfer Mode and Current Transfer Modes all say either DMA or Not Applicable, right?  Nothing about PIO showing?
Have you checked the Transfer Mode in channels in your IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers?  Make sure they are set to DMA and Current Transfer Mode is DMA.
Yes, got it.  Thank you!
Skybird, you can ignore my previous question, but you still solved it for me.  I found your reference and link to the "quick fix" script and ran it.  All is now back to DMA and working well.  Than... See more...
Skybird, you can ignore my previous question, but you still solved it for me.  I found your reference and link to the "quick fix" script and ran it.  All is now back to DMA and working well.  Thank you!
Hi Skybird, wonder if you can help me.  I have choppy, distorted audio when I play CD's or DVD's.  Was just fine before a few days ago.  For whatever reason, I can not go back before yesterday on ... See more...
Hi Skybird, wonder if you can help me.  I have choppy, distorted audio when I play CD's or DVD's.  Was just fine before a few days ago.  For whatever reason, I can not go back before yesterday on the System Restore calendar.  Had the same problem in the past and was able to fix it by going back a week.  But, in one of the Primary IDE channels it has Current Transfer Mode as PIO.  I do have DMA if available selected in Transfer Mode, but PIO stays.  I even uninstalled it and rebooted, but it came back as PIO.  Is there anything else I can do?
I have tried, but not sure how.  I have the DMA choice selected, but it still lists current transfer mode as PIO Mode.  Is there a way to change it besides in the Device Manager?
I've gone into all three of them; under one of the Primary's in the Device 0 box it has 'DMA if available' selected and says Current Transfer Mode 'Ultra DMA Mode 5'.  In its Device 1 box it has D... See more...
I've gone into all three of them; under one of the Primary's in the Device 0 box it has 'DMA if available' selected and says Current Transfer Mode 'Ultra DMA Mode 5'.  In its Device 1 box it has DMA if available showing, but says 'not applicable' for the Current Transfer Mode.  The other Primary in Device 0 has DMA if available showing, but says PIO Mode.  In its Device 1 box it has DMA if available selected, but says Not Applicable for Current Transfer Mode.  The Secondary, in Device 0 and Device 1 boxes, has DMA if available, but says Not Applicable in both boxes.  Any thoughts?
Ok, I am going through the process, but have a question.  Under the Device Manager tab, I expanded the 'IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.  The instructions then tell me to select the "appropriate" IDE ch... See more...
Ok, I am going through the process, but have a question.  Under the Device Manager tab, I expanded the 'IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.  The instructions then tell me to select the "appropriate" IDE channel, Primary or Secondary.  I have two Primary's and one Secondary to choose from.  How do I know which one is the "appropriate" one?
Ok, will do.  Thank you.
Hi, hoping someone can help me fix the choppy distorted sound coming from played dvd's and cd's.  Sounds just fine from file music. It seems to have something to do with the background music and ... See more...
Hi, hoping someone can help me fix the choppy distorted sound coming from played dvd's and cd's.  Sounds just fine from file music. It seems to have something to do with the background music and noise, is pretty good with just the voices.  This has happened before and I did a System Restore and it fixed it.  This time in System Restore there are not any days before today that I can choose from.  Not sure why about that, but at any rate, any helpful ideas?
Hi, hoping someone can help me fix the choppy distorted sound coming from played dvd's and cd's.  sounds just fine from file music. this has happened before and I did a System Restore and it fixed... See more...
Hi, hoping someone can help me fix the choppy distorted sound coming from played dvd's and cd's.  sounds just fine from file music. this has happened before and I did a System Restore and it fixed it.  this time in System Restore there are not any days before today that I can choose from.  Not sure why about that, but at any rate, any helpful ideas?