Sterndogg's Posts

Sterndogg's Posts

Class action suit?? Knowingly and wrongfully supplying false ATI 9800XT's under the pretenses to make a buck...how does that sound?? Before this gets out of hand, I think we need more details, but it... See more...
Class action suit?? Knowingly and wrongfully supplying false ATI 9800XT's under the pretenses to make a buck...how does that sound?? Before this gets out of hand, I think we need more details, but it is interesting with "9800XT's" results and other users. Unfortunately, I don't think Dell has the obligation to supply us with Half Life 2 tickets since OEM doesn't always mean retail software included...it certainly would sweeten the deal (for buying a Dell system not this situation). Do the other "gaming niche makers" supply tickets? I tried to flash my bios following the steps from the 3dmaxx article...got an error message. However, if Dell is indeed modifying 9800 Pro's to 9800XT's then there is a SERIOUS problem, and correct me if I'm wrong...totally illegal!! My 9800XT takes up 2 slots (The AGP and the first PCI) Does anyone have the 9800 Pro and how many slots does it occupy? Personally, I still believe they are true 9800XT's just with modded bioses. ChrisM said they had the extra slot added to keep that PCI slot free from obstructions. Message Edited by Sterndogg on 01-27-2004 03:36 PM
I find it unsettling when you go to configure a new system such as a new XPS, under "Video card" there is an "ATI Get in The Game" link http://www1.us.dell.com/content/topics/segtopic.aspx/ati_dime... See more...
I find it unsettling when you go to configure a new system such as a new XPS, under "Video card" there is an "ATI Get in The Game" link http://www1.us.dell.com/content/topics/segtopic.aspx/ati_dimen?c=us This isn't Chris M's fault, but it is indeed misleading that it looks like you are buying a full-blown card with all features...especially for that upgrade price!! I for one thought so when I purchased my XPS system. Except Dell does say "Pricing, specifications, availability and terms of offers may change without notice." Nevertheless I'm still boggled why Dell decided not to enable Overdrive in the Bios. Under "Sound Card" there is the following disclaimer. *Note: Sound Blaster Audigy 2 does not ship with Audigy 2 Front Panel connectors, MIDI dongle or Audio Stream Recorder 2. Also, Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 does not ship with RemoteCenter, and sound font support is available on the Web at www.support.dell.com. Only after reading in the forum weeks back that the dolby digital hardware decoding was not present I ditched the OEM Audigy 2 for the retail ZS. Message Edited by Sterndogg on 01-26-2004 05:40 PM
Nick99, The model number can be found on the actual card...gotta pop open your pc...should be something like SB..... -Adam  
There's something in the Dell Audigy 2 software configuration that won't let the volume icon "stick" in the task pane. I ditched the OEM version (see Audio for various reasons why) and installed a re... See more...
There's something in the Dell Audigy 2 software configuration that won't let the volume icon "stick" in the task pane. I ditched the OEM version (see Audio for various reasons why) and installed a retail Audigy 2 ZS (which kicks!!) Both volume controls are now present everytime on boot-up. While not a great solution, perhaps it isolates the problem.
Ok correction: No dead pixels (they were just dust particles) but slightly brighter splotch in upper right corner still present. I love this screen and the clarity but it does consume quite a bit of p... See more...
Ok correction: No dead pixels (they were just dust particles) but slightly brighter splotch in upper right corner still present. I love this screen and the clarity but it does consume quite a bit of power for a LCD panel. In order to pivot the screen you either need the software or can go into the system registry and edit a line which will give you a tab in the graphics display to switch orientations. Mine was manufactured in October. The replacement was September (which I'm sending back). No ghosting either. You won't be disappointed! Best, -Adam
I think the only way to enable the "show window contents while dragging" is to uninstall the program. Something in the code of the media experience is causing the problem. I did a search and numerous ... See more...
I think the only way to enable the "show window contents while dragging" is to uninstall the program. Something in the code of the media experience is causing the problem. I did a search and numerous posts point to the dell media experience as the culprit. Message Edited by Sterndogg on 12-31-2003 03:02 PM
Title says it all...for some reason these two settings (maybe more) will not remain checked once I logout and then log back or reboot. What's going on? Thanks!
Thanks Tom! I really appreciate your reply. Very close to going with the 2001FP especially after reading the article by Anandtech. -Adam
Well after reading many reviews of the 1901FP I'm seriously considering the 2001FP as part of a package as I'm def a fan of the 16ms response time. Question is though, would I have to use the 1600x12... See more...
Well after reading many reviews of the 1901FP I'm seriously considering the 2001FP as part of a package as I'm def a fan of the 16ms response time. Question is though, would I have to use the 1600x1200 for the resolution? Wouldn't this make the text especially in Word, Excel, internet browsing, etc. extremely small? I'm using 1024x768 with my Dell 17" Trinitron. Also anyone have experience with this new LCD? Thanks again! -Adam
Hmmm thanks gang for the replies. I might hold off on this one as I've read that there is still quite a bit of ghosting. I wonder how the 2001FP rates...Anandtech gave it a solid review. -Adam