shreaded_teddy's Posts

shreaded_teddy's Posts

I've got Windows 7 x64 installed on my e1505 laptop, integrated intel 945 express chipset for video.  It locks up kind of frequently for a split second and won't let me run any low-spec games.  The l... See more...
I've got Windows 7 x64 installed on my e1505 laptop, integrated intel 945 express chipset for video.  It locks up kind of frequently for a split second and won't let me run any low-spec games.  The laptop has 4Gb of ram, 2.16 core2duo, and a 7200rpm hdd with plenty of space so I don't think it's the specs causing the problems.  When I run dxdiag it says "error getting extra display info" and shows Direct3D Acceleration is not available, but when I run 64-bit dxdiag Direct3D it is enabled.  The troubleshooting tab in the display option doesn't let me change the hardware acceleration.  I've got the latest chipset drivers from intel.com, any idea on how to fix this?
I've got an E1505 laptop with the dell 355 BT module. i've got it working with a media remote and a nextel i335 no problem but now for some reason i can't get the 'explore my bluetooth places' to o... See more...
I've got an E1505 laptop with the dell 355 BT module. i've got it working with a media remote and a nextel i335 no problem but now for some reason i can't get the 'explore my bluetooth places' to open. i can still connect to things but it's much more time consuming to use the bluetooth setup wizard. i tried reinstalling the drivers twice and both times i get the blue screen of death on restart and have to reinstall XP. i don't know the error message off hand but it had something to do with dll files being changed. is there any simple way to to fix my bluetooth places so it will open again? Message Edited by shreaded_teddy on 02-06-2008 04:44 PM
i've been reading quite a bit lately and realized that the 480mbps for usb is in bits which at best theoretically is 60 megabytes. i've tested speed for a few ide drives in usb enclosures and only ... See more...
i've been reading quite a bit lately and realized that the 480mbps for usb is in bits which at best theoretically is 60 megabytes. i've tested speed for a few ide drives in usb enclosures and only got around 24 megabytes which is alot slower than when they were connected directly to the ide ribbon in the computer. so my question is on http://www.expresscard.org/web/site/qa.jsp in the speed section it explains how expresscards use usb 2.0 for the interface. if that's the case would buying a esata card to connect to a external hard drive give me the same performance as using a usb enclosure on my inspiron e1505? Message Edited by shreaded_teddy on 09-24-2007 10:59 PM
i have an e1505 inspiron laptop and I'm curious what type of connector is on the dvd drive? also does anyone know of any adapters that change the plug on the motherboard for the optical drive so yo... See more...
i have an e1505 inspiron laptop and I'm curious what type of connector is on the dvd drive? also does anyone know of any adapters that change the plug on the motherboard for the optical drive so you can use a 2.5 ide drive?