V_RocKs's Posts

V_RocKs's Posts

It sure would be nice if you people would come back to the threads you start and let us know the final outcome. Like when it finally went to shipping and how long it took after that, and what part of... See more...
It sure would be nice if you people would come back to the threads you start and let us know the final outcome. Like when it finally went to shipping and how long it took after that, and what part of the world, or what state in the US or Canada you reside in. Would be much more helpful than crickets chirping.
Have you tried hitting the Latitude On button when the laptop is powered off?
I too am having this problem. Same system. I have tried both front and back USB ports. Original BIOS didn't work. Upgraded to latest and still didn't work.
Did you first, uninstall the previously loaded drivers? It is very important when upgrading a video card to first uninstall the previous drivers. You probably had the drivers for the onboard video ... See more...
Did you first, uninstall the previously loaded drivers? It is very important when upgrading a video card to first uninstall the previous drivers. You probably had the drivers for the onboard video card already installed. From this point, try windows key+pause/break key to pull up the system properties window. Then hardware tab, device manager button.  Click Display Adapters and then select yours and hit uninstall... Now lets look at a second possible problem. Did you go into the BIOS and turn off the onboard video? This should happen automatically when you install a stand alone video card but I have seen on some DELL systems that you need to do this in the BIOS. BTW, are you getting any picture at all with the monitor plugged into the stand alone video card? Now that last part will answer one of your questions. No you cannot use the onboard video card and a stand alone one at the same time. The onboard one will turn itself off once the motherboard recognizes the stand alone card is plugged in. After uninstalling the current card (which also uninstalls the current drivers), reboot the computer and follow the on screen prompts to get to the bios. It will be F2 or F8 usually... just keep a finger near both... Sometimes it is the del key and others F5... Just be ready... Turn off onboard video if it is in the settings. Restart.. Now once the system comes up try reinstalling the drivers... Also, get a fresh driver from the web site of the manufacturer... That is also very important. Your problem might be that the device is shipped with 32bit drivers and you have a 64bit system.   Hope this all gives you enough food for thought to work it out.   Oh... You need either 2 video cards or one with 4 ports... 2 video cards is usually the easiest option. But make sure you have enough slots for the next one. 
Wondering if an Inspiron 546 can handle the Radeon 4770 video card. As in, is the case and motherboard layout going to have enough room? It is a mini tower.
Yes... and no...   You see, how can I go back in and change the resolution if I cannot boot into the OS?
@ManyDimensions wrote: Please see this Microsoft message regarding the stop: 0x0000007E error http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330182 • If this issue occurs after the first r... See more...
@ManyDimensions wrote: Please see this Microsoft message regarding the stop: 0x0000007E error http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330182 • If this issue occurs after the first restart during Windows Setup, or after Setup is finished, the computer may not have sufficient hard disk space to run Windows. • If this issue occurs after the first restart during Windows Setup, or after Setup is complete, the computer BIOS may be incompatible with Windows. • Incompatible video adapter drivers. • Damaged RAM. • A damaged device driver or system service. • If the issue is associated with the Win32k.sys file, it may be caused by a third-party remote control program. Disk Space - I have over 100 gigs for it to use... BIOS - I am using the BIOS revision Dell seems to have put out for Vista. 1.1.4 Incompatible Display Drivers - How can I change them if I cannot access the OS? Damaged RAM - Not likely... though I have had many errors in XP on this system. Always something about a program could not read something in memory. Damages Devide Driver - Once again, how can this be? Win32.sys - Not the problem.... So I ran a memory tester on my RAM... It passed. I did get in 2 times with a different video card so it seems like it has something to do with video... and it stopped working with that card when I changed the resolution... So I am thinking it is a video problem.
It kind of makes you wonder doesn't it? With the problems I am having, how is Vista supposed to run on an E521 without releasing a second DVD with upgraded drivers and software? Think Windows98 ... See more...
It kind of makes you wonder doesn't it? With the problems I am having, how is Vista supposed to run on an E521 without releasing a second DVD with upgraded drivers and software? Think Windows98 Second Edition... Windows 98 Original ed and had lots of these same issues... SE worked flawlessly on everyone I ever referred to it... So... How long until Vista SE comes out?
I keep getting a blue screen of death. No driver or device is mentioned. It just says: Stop: 0x0000007E And then some 0xFFFFFFC0000005, etc... bunch more hex(?) numbers... Looking into it ... See more...
I keep getting a blue screen of death. No driver or device is mentioned. It just says: Stop: 0x0000007E And then some 0xFFFFFFC0000005, etc... bunch more hex(?) numbers... Looking into it online it seems that video cards usually cause this error... So I swapped mine out and walla, it boots... SO I finish installation and then after a few boots for various things I get the BSOD again... But after a few tries it eventually boots into Vista again... But after rebooting it is off and on.. touch and go... So I went back to XP and my old card (with dual monitors)... Vista is going to have to do a lot of fixing before I try that again. I remember this same thing with Windows XP...
Clearing the CMOS did the trick thanks!
I upgraded to 1.1.4 and now I have a hanging problem at the BIOS boot screen.