thenagtx's Posts

thenagtx's Posts

I had to wipe clean my computer due to viruses..  oh well.  Have installed a lot of my stuff back on it now.  I cant seem to play DVDs however..  what am Imissing?  It says it needs a DVD Decoder.. i... See more...
I had to wipe clean my computer due to viruses..  oh well.  Have installed a lot of my stuff back on it now.  I cant seem to play DVDs however..  what am Imissing?  It says it needs a DVD Decoder.. is this on some disc that I have that came with it that perhaps I havent found or what??   I have a dell emension E520, Windows XP Media Center..   HELP!
I have a Dell Dimension 520E running Windows XP Media Edition.  I just had some work done on it..  audio wasnt one of the problems.. that was working.  But video card was out and replaced and had som... See more...
I have a Dell Dimension 520E running Windows XP Media Edition.  I just had some work done on it..  audio wasnt one of the problems.. that was working.  But video card was out and replaced and had some Trojans/Viruses removed.  Now.. no audio..  The tech I went to for work isnt available right now due to a death in family.  His assistant cant figure it out.  Some of his stuff is showing driver mssing but then it wont install once downloaded.  gets a error message code 31 if I remember correctly..  So still no audio!   HELP
I dont have a clue what is up.. I get no audio at all.  I have been trhough the trouble shooter..  cant seem to find the issue at all..  I am now at a loss.  Dont know where to go from here. proably ... See more...
I dont have a clue what is up.. I get no audio at all.  I have been trhough the trouble shooter..  cant seem to find the issue at all..  I am now at a loss.  Dont know where to go from here. proably something simple and I am making it hard.. but.. any suggestions?
HELP! I can be working along and all of a sudden..  all stops.  Black screen with message saying entering power save.  It wont wake up nothing- have to power off and back on..  Starting to do this ... See more...
HELP! I can be working along and all of a sudden..  all stops.  Black screen with message saying entering power save.  It wont wake up nothing- have to power off and back on..  Starting to do this often.. like several times a night.  Tonight already in a few hours has happened four or five times.    Also- have been getting some strange colors and stuff on screen..  colored rows of dots kind of..  hard to describe... dont know if it is related or not. I am running Windows XP on my Dell E520.   Please please.. if anybody has any ideas at all!!
Two things of recent that are really bugging me and becomeing problematic.. 1)  I will be working and the screen goes into power save mode and wont wake up.. the computer is on..  all is good but n... See more...
Two things of recent that are really bugging me and becomeing problematic.. 1)  I will be working and the screen goes into power save mode and wont wake up.. the computer is on..  all is good but nothing on screen.. Dont know what to trouble shoot.. I have made sure all plugs in correctlyand nothing lose.. 2) right below my cursor there is some red marks.. cant describe it and it isnt always there.. about 50% of time.  not cinsistent with it being on certain types of docuemnts or certain web pages..  just some red squiggly type lines that follow my cursor... These things just started..  and I am at a total lose of what to do!  Any help would be appreciated!  THanks ahead of time
I have a Latitude D820.  I know very little about this machine..  But know all of a sudden I am having trouble wiht my touch pad.  Sometimes the ursor just goes haywire all over the page and somet... See more...
I have a Latitude D820.  I know very little about this machine..  But know all of a sudden I am having trouble wiht my touch pad.  Sometimes the ursor just goes haywire all over the page and sometimes wont move at all.  It will land on something and just open things up as it goes past..  just some really odd behaviors.  I have tried the preferences to reset them .. nothing changed.  I dont know what else to do for trouble shooting this problem.  HELP any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
I currently set it up this way: coax from receiver to TV and SVideo cable from receiver to PC. Now when I go into Media Center- TV.. It goes to set up. so far so good.... but thenn.. it wont ever f... See more...
I currently set it up this way: coax from receiver to TV and SVideo cable from receiver to PC. Now when I go into Media Center- TV.. It goes to set up. so far so good.... but thenn.. it wont ever finish setting up. I have tried automatic nd manual.. It shows a signal and I see a small screen with the TV pic on it and it is what is playing.. but then when setting up it tries to set up my remote and hangs up on not recognizing remote.. going at it the other way it gives 28 possible codes to try- I have tried each one 3 times now.. changing some info each time and still end with finishing set up with no changes.. So I still cant watch TV or do anything on it... Any suggestions???
OK I have looked over several of these sites that you linked.... It looks like if I get a splitter and coax cable one going from the receiver to PC and one going from receiver to TV then I have it.... See more...
OK I have looked over several of these sites that you linked.... It looks like if I get a splitter and coax cable one going from the receiver to PC and one going from receiver to TV then I have it... Am I looking at this right?? Or can I use the coax as it is now from receiver to TV then an SVideo from receiver to PC or vice versa???
so I go from the TV to the PC?? I thought I went from the receiver box to the PC..?? The coax cable space is used on the receiver box so I bought an SVideo cable.. there is a place for SVideo on my... See more...
so I go from the TV to the PC?? I thought I went from the receiver box to the PC..?? The coax cable space is used on the receiver box so I bought an SVideo cable.. there is a place for SVideo on my PC also.. Will this not work? I havent opened this cable yet so can take it back and exchange it... But if there is a coax output on TV that goes to PC... that cable is much cheaper:) Will both ways work- only one way- which is better?
Also looks like I am goin to hae trouble with the remote.. too much distance for the remote sensor to plug into a USB on the PC and the receiver box... Can this work without the remote? Just usin t... See more...
Also looks like I am goin to hae trouble with the remote.. too much distance for the remote sensor to plug into a USB on the PC and the receiver box... Can this work without the remote? Just usin the remote that came with the TV to change channels etc...??
Thanks Datapod! That helped alot. The link had good information also. It didnt address what to do in my situation... How do I hook my PC to the receiver AND keep my TV hooked up as well on the same... See more...
Thanks Datapod! That helped alot. The link had good information also. It didnt address what to do in my situation... How do I hook my PC to the receiver AND keep my TV hooked up as well on the same receiver... I know there is a way to do it.. just not quite sure how..........
Hope I am in the right part of the forum... if not- please direct! I have a Dimension 520.. It has a TV Tuner and am running Media Center 2002. What do I need to do to connect my computer to my Dir... See more...
Hope I am in the right part of the forum... if not- please direct! I have a Dimension 520.. It has a TV Tuner and am running Media Center 2002. What do I need to do to connect my computer to my DirectTV receiver?? What kind of cords etc and where do they go??? Any assistance is most appreciated! Thanks
I did use the term clean install and perhaps am using that term incorrectly. What I have done: I did what the manufacturer called a destructive restore if I am not mistaken. This utilized the CD pr... See more...
I did use the term clean install and perhaps am using that term incorrectly. What I have done: I did what the manufacturer called a destructive restore if I am not mistaken. This utilized the CD provided with the computer. It basically wiped everything out almost like after installing a new hard drive.. lost all (although I had put all on CDs etc to save..) The CD reinstalled Windows then I set up the antivirus software... Now a few days later I was going to install the new version of internet explorer and found I couldnt because it is running SP1 and SP2 is required.. tried to install SP2 and installation fails each time.. At times it says it is already installed on computer- but doesnt show up in sytem info. Then the adware pop ups started..... looked for a free spyware removal software and have tried a couple that I had heard of ... but still have it all- still cant get SP2... cant get Windows Defender to help with spyware problem becasue it requires SP2... I am in a vicious cycle that I dont know how to get out of.. at least short of doing the whole destructive restore again... but then I dont want to start this whole mess again either 🙂
I did what that manufacturer said to do.... look where it has gotten me. I have always gotten very good advice, suggestions and direction from the users of this forum. Hoped that would continue...
I know that the problems arent manufacturer related... but this is a Dell forum 🙂 I had just done a clean install a few days before this.. Use of internet and visit of sites have been very lim... See more...
I know that the problems arent manufacturer related... but this is a Dell forum 🙂 I had just done a clean install a few days before this.. Use of internet and visit of sites have been very limited.. So not sure what happened... You said format drive and clean install.. How do I format drive?? Maybe I missed something then even... but sounds like I need to do all of this again ....????
I am trying to do some work on my mothers computer.. (non-Dell.... I know I know) It runs slow and pretty much s- but I need to get it up and running better for her..   It shows that it is runn... See more...
I am trying to do some work on my mothers computer.. (non-Dell.... I know I know) It runs slow and pretty much s- but I need to get it up and running better for her..   It shows that it is running Windows XP SP1 - I have tried to download and install SP2 for the microsoft site... but it fails everytime.  Any suggestions??  Is this even something I can do?   The next problem I have found is that she has been attaked with adware (at least I think that is what it is..)  Its windows- bunches of them.. pop up saying Message Services all saying critical erros- go to a website and install fix and pop up will go away... Of course- you have to buy the fix...   I keep trying to get rid of these and havent been able to eliminate them.. Any suggestions for this??
OK- this time I did a search and found all the little pieces of Quicktime and deleted them. It finally let me install Quicktime. Then I installed Itunes. All is now working 🙂 Thanks for all of... See more...
OK- this time I did a search and found all the little pieces of Quicktime and deleted them. It finally let me install Quicktime. Then I installed Itunes. All is now working 🙂 Thanks for all of the help!
I just tried it... I downloaded Quicktime by itself- when I try to install it says a newer version is already installed.. BUT when I go to control panel> add/remove program- Quicktime isnt there.. ... See more...
I just tried it... I downloaded Quicktime by itself- when I try to install it says a newer version is already installed.. BUT when I go to control panel> add/remove program- Quicktime isnt there.. It isnt in the program folder.. I cant find it on my computer anywhere! Now I dont know what to do or where to go from here!
Thanks- I'll try this! So far nothing else has worked!
I am using Windows XP SP2... so shouldnt have any Vista problems.. I get the following each time I try to open the application: "iTunes has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry fo... See more...
I am using Windows XP SP2... so shouldnt have any Vista problems.. I get the following each time I try to open the application: "iTunes has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." So I dont get an error message.. just this... it allows me to send a report but that is all I can get...