adgross's Posts

adgross's Posts

This seems like a poor design.  Why would I want to give OME root access to my VMware hosts?  Any plans on the roadmap for changing this?
I tried this but in my 5.5 environment I don't have a root group, or any other groups for that matter.  I gave the user shell access then put in in a read-only role and in ome I get an 'unknown' heal... See more...
I tried this but in my 5.5 environment I don't have a root group, or any other groups for that matter.  I gave the user shell access then put in in a read-only role and in ome I get an 'unknown' health status.  If I change my ws-man config to the root user, I get a healthy status.  There has to be a way to set this up with a non-root account.
Any updates on this?  I'm rolling it out and I'd really like to not use an account with root priveleges.  I tried the setup in the post you linked, but in my 5.5 environment I don't have a root group... See more...
Any updates on this?  I'm rolling it out and I'd really like to not use an account with root priveleges.  I tried the setup in the post you linked, but in my 5.5 environment I don't have a root group and a read-only permission seems to produce an 'unknown' health status.  If I change my ws-man configuration to the root account the health status changes to 'Healthy'.
Did you have any luck with the new monitor or video card?  I am seeing the same problem on the same hardware.   Thanks, Andy
I am having the same problem with about 200 Optiplex GX270s in a lab environment.  We also do not use any sleep/hibernate/power save settings on these computers.  It would be real nice to have someon... See more...
I am having the same problem with about 200 Optiplex GX270s in a lab environment.  We also do not use any sleep/hibernate/power save settings on these computers.  It would be real nice to have someone reply to this forum since the last post from Dell was in January of last year and the person wrote back to say that the problem was not fixed.   Andy