SJNAPL's Posts

SJNAPL's Posts

Not sure of the model? The service tag is <service tag removed>. Given the above, what would I need to connect? I tried connecting each U2412M to each DP port on the 7050, but did not get it to work ... See more...
Not sure of the model? The service tag is <service tag removed>. Given the above, what would I need to connect? I tried connecting each U2412M to each DP port on the 7050, but did not get it to work   thanks  
I have two of the U2412M monitors that I want to connect to a Dell OptiPlex 7050 so I can have the extended work area across the two monitors. What cables do I need and what connections do I need to ... See more...
I have two of the U2412M monitors that I want to connect to a Dell OptiPlex 7050 so I can have the extended work area across the two monitors. What cables do I need and what connections do I need to make?   thanks
Thanks Don Yes,,they did not keep up the maintenance. I just completed the upgrade to v10.0.1 Would the array diagnostics go back to last year for reviewing the failures? What is the process to... See more...
Thanks Don Yes,,they did not keep up the maintenance. I just completed the upgrade to v10.0.1 Would the array diagnostics go back to last year for reviewing the failures? What is the process to generate a diagnostic?  What is the cost of a one time call?
Ok,, This is why I have a question.. This EqualLogic was purchased in 2013.  The group that purchased the  EqualLogic  said that it had failed drive or drives right after it was set up.  They did n... See more...
Ok,, This is why I have a question.. This EqualLogic was purchased in 2013.  The group that purchased the  EqualLogic  said that it had failed drive or drives right after it was set up.  They did not pursue this and eventually forgot about it and did not use the SAN. I took it over last year and reconfigured it and replaced the bad drive so we can use it in a dev/test environment with vSphere. However, since last summer, we have had 7 of the drives fail.  All of the ones failing are from the same series based on the serial SN – 6SE56xxx We are not sure why this is occurring or how to solve it other than suspecting the original drives. thanks
Thanks for the info,, I will update to the latest firmware 10.0.1. We are not replicating any volumes at this time. As a side note, have either of you heard of any issue with a series of disk driv... See more...
Thanks for the info,, I will update to the latest firmware 10.0.1. We are not replicating any volumes at this time. As a side note, have either of you heard of any issue with a series of disk drives installed from the factory being bad?   Stan
We have taken over an EqualLogic 4100  There are 3 Volumes Thin Provisioned. The firmware was at v5.1 and I am in the process of updating in increments.  When i upgraded to v6.0.5 of the firmware, ... See more...
We have taken over an EqualLogic 4100  There are 3 Volumes Thin Provisioned. The firmware was at v5.1 and I am in the process of updating in increments.  When i upgraded to v6.0.5 of the firmware, i received a Warning ..Volume eql-vol-1 has reached 100 percent of its reported size and is currently using 819210MB... not sure why as in VMware 6.0, is see each datastore with 755, 651, and 458 GB Free Why did the message pop up only after updating the firmware ? Should I  move to thick provisioning? Should I extend the space on volume eql-vol-1 (not sure why i need to as there is VMware shows free space).  
Our organization has many Dell Systems, so  I am assuming we have support. How do you know if drives need firmware updates based on what i posted ? Do you update drive firmware first or controller... See more...
Our organization has many Dell Systems, so  I am assuming we have support. How do you know if drives need firmware updates based on what i posted ? Do you update drive firmware first or controller firmware? Is there an incremental process to go from v5 all the way to v10 of the firmware?
Questions I see at the support site, Dell recommends Storage Update Manager for updating firmware. We are using EqualLogic Group Manager. Can this be used? We are at version 5.1.2 on the controlle... See more...
Questions I see at the support site, Dell recommends Storage Update Manager for updating firmware. We are using EqualLogic Group Manager. Can this be used? We are at version 5.1.2 on the controller firmware. Current looks to be 10.0. Is there a recommended process to get from 5.1.2 to 10.0? We also have disk drives showing different REVs CE0B, CN04, FN65. The drives are model ST9300605SS but I am not sure of the manufacturer. The Dell support site has “Recommended PS Series Hard Disk Drive Firmware” – 11.0 I can’t tell from the “Drive Firmware Update Utility” if this is ok to use on all of the drives or only certain ones and if I should use Group Manager?   thanks
thanks,,, Unfortunately,  we don't have a support contact but i can get to https://eqlsupport.dell.com to download firmware. I just need the process to update.    
I though I updated the firmware last year, but need to check. We have a vendor as we have purchased and replaced 4 drives already.  I believe the original drives are beginning to fail This is a tes... See more...
I though I updated the firmware last year, but need to check. We have a vendor as we have purchased and replaced 4 drives already.  I believe the original drives are beginning to fail This is a test system and have moved the critical VMs off to another SAN.  Once I order the new drives, do i just pull the 3 failed drives an plug in the new drives?   thanks  
This morning i had to power on our hardware due to a controlled power outage of all power on the campus.  The equipment was powered down last week. When the 4100 came back up, it is showing 3 drives... See more...
This morning i had to power on our hardware due to a controlled power outage of all power on the campus.  The equipment was powered down last week. When the 4100 came back up, it is showing 3 drives as failed. RAID status shows as "degraded" I have three volumes carved out as datastores and attached to 2 ESXi 6.0 Servers via iSCSI. From vCenter, I can still see the datastores  and access the VMs that reside on the  three  volumes. With 3 failed drives in RAID 6, how is this possible?      
I am re-configuring a 5524. I set up SSH and generated RSA and DSA keys. I set the switch password to level 15 I set the Enable Password to level 15. I disabled telnet and http. When I use putty ... See more...
I am re-configuring a 5524. I set up SSH and generated RSA and DSA keys. I set the switch password to level 15 I set the Enable Password to level 15. I disabled telnet and http. When I use putty to SSH to the switch, I receive a prompt login as: If I hit return I get User name: I enter the switch username and the password and am automatically placed in Privileged EXEC mode (switch 1#)? How do I set the switch so that I need to enter the switch User Name and password, and the enable password to get to Privileged EXEC mode?
Ok, Do you have a link to the latest firmware? I will swap out the drive but may warn the users prior... I will look at the guide. Stan
I did not replace the drive yet, so no none is complaining.  The users are in the middle of a high profile build and test effort. I am guessing the FW has not been updated.  So whatever FW came on ... See more...
I did not replace the drive yet, so no none is complaining.  The users are in the middle of a high profile build and test effort. I am guessing the FW has not been updated.  So whatever FW came on the system back when it was new, is the version.  Disk are 300gb 10k. Stan
We have an PS 4100 with a failed drive.  We have it configured to RAID6 I have a spare drive and was wondering if pull the failed drive out and replace it with the new drive, how much of an i... See more...
We have an PS 4100 with a failed drive.  We have it configured to RAID6 I have a spare drive and was wondering if pull the failed drive out and replace it with the new drive, how much of an impact will it be on users VMs that are running? Should we migrate VMs to local ESXi storage first ? thanks
Thanks Don. Where on the GUI (screen, tab) is the setting made for the Dedicated Mgt Interface
It was the port.  It was set 1gb and i set it down to 100mb and was able to login to the Mgt GUI, However, a few itesm 1,. When I did the show grpparams, i did not see 192.168.1.14 listed... See more...
It was the port.  It was set 1gb and i set it down to 100mb and was able to login to the Mgt GUI, However, a few itesm 1,. When I did the show grpparams, i did not see 192.168.1.14 listed fro Management-Ipaddress,,it is blank 2. I need to change 192.168.1.14 to a different IP as it is assigned to an ESXi Server in the new environment which will be powered up soon
i think it is a NEXUS 3172P
excellent point on the speed.... this is a 10g / 40g switch.  a Cisco command had to be issued to set the speed to 1 gb for the majority of the ports,,, i don't recall the command to set the spee... See more...
excellent point on the speed.... this is a 10g / 40g switch.  a Cisco command had to be issued to set the speed to 1 gb for the majority of the ports,,, i don't recall the command to set the speed or even if it can be set down to 100mb on this switch...
This is a new Nexus Switch.  There are other connections to other ports that are active. I do believe all ports have been activated,.  I will double check and report back.