ant123's Posts

ant123's Posts

I have: Dell Studio Slim Vista 64bit preinstall Realtek HD Audio 6.0.1.5663 with HDMI cable to a commputer/hdtv (Samsung, works great). Crackles with streaming audio, video/audio, CD and DVD, an... See more...
I have: Dell Studio Slim Vista 64bit preinstall Realtek HD Audio 6.0.1.5663 with HDMI cable to a commputer/hdtv (Samsung, works great). Crackles with streaming audio, video/audio, CD and DVD, and downloaded itunes/mp3 known to be in perfect condition. Crackles even if I use the least amount of resources (only playing music), witht he power saving at MAX.  I have tried EVERYTHING.  I do not have a wireless card, but disabling the a +/-b band (under device manager, wireless card) has been tested to work for some laptop folks.  I tried disabling all enhancements (under sound management).  I have the latest driver installed.   SOMEONE HELP!!!  I am outside the return time becuase I thought initially it was not as pervasive a problem as it is.  It is not a memory/cpu problem because I have a sony vaio 5yr old and it does not have these problems (XP, not vista).  It is exclusive to dell, from what i can tell, and perhaps has to do with Vista-Dell, but IT IS A MAJOR PROBLEM.  The whole point of this computer was to be a media center and it does not work in this capacity.  sorry dell, you need to know you blew it on this one. I would return it despite all the work I've already put into it (bought 12/08) if I could.
Mine does NOT WORK and i have realtek with the latest drivers. Anyone find a fix?