McNeill.Daniel's Posts

McNeill.Daniel's Posts

FYI, Dell Part Number for the Intel Wireless 8260 M.2 Card is: 8XG1T Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 (M.2), WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac MIMO 2x2, Bluetooth 4.1
That third cable is for another send/receive bandwidth stream, technically the dell wireless card is faster and can bond more bandwidth. Known as MIMO in the wireless world.  That Grey cable is unuse... See more...
That third cable is for another send/receive bandwidth stream, technically the dell wireless card is faster and can bond more bandwidth. Known as MIMO in the wireless world.  That Grey cable is unused with the intel board. The intel board also does support Miracast and WiDi which is nice, you can wireless display your PC screen on many newer smart tvs without any extra hardware. I know it works on my Samsung TV. Didn't know they sold them on amazon, got to be careful of china fakes. These wireless cards are a huge china clone market... anyways I got Dell to send me one for free due to the issues I was having, haven't had a wireless issue yet. Although I did notice the Dell card had slightly better range, but not by much.  - FYI the dell card is made by Broadcom.
It's definitely a hardware issue with that card.  Maybe a future driver update will fix it.  I took it upon myself to swap the Dell Wireless Card 3x3 with the Intel 8260 card 2x2 and haven't seen tha... See more...
It's definitely a hardware issue with that card.  Maybe a future driver update will fix it.  I took it upon myself to swap the Dell Wireless Card 3x3 with the Intel 8260 card 2x2 and haven't seen that issue since.
Dell released a new BIOS today, version 1.1.15 on the downloads section. As well as, a new graphics driver a couple weeks ago... These two combined have resolved all graphics issues - for me at least.
Just noticed Dell posted a new Intel Video Driver this morning... wonder if it will help anyone: downloads.dell.com/.../Video_Driver_PFWXP_WN32_20.19.15.4331_A04.EXE Also there is a new driver for ... See more...
Just noticed Dell posted a new Intel Video Driver this morning... wonder if it will help anyone: downloads.dell.com/.../Video_Driver_PFWXP_WN32_20.19.15.4331_A04.EXE Also there is a new driver for the Dell 1830 WiFi Card: downloads.dell.com/.../Communications_Driver_6XDK6_WN32_1.555.0.0_A03.EXE
Only happens when the laptop goes into a S3 Sleep State... If you disable sleep in BIOS it fixes the issue which needs to be addressed by Dell.   Its funny though if you enable hybrid sleep / hiberna... See more...
Only happens when the laptop goes into a S3 Sleep State... If you disable sleep in BIOS it fixes the issue which needs to be addressed by Dell.   Its funny though if you enable hybrid sleep / hibernate before hand, the system won't sleep but even though sleep is disabled it will still go into hibernation... something is up lol.   The good thing is WiFi still works after hibernation. Here is some event viewer data: System Log Miniport Dell Wireless 1830 802.11ac, {019c656a-9740-4387-8851-b2b295aea201}, had event Fatal error: The miniport has failed a power transition to operational power System   - Provider    [ Name]  Microsoft-Windows-NDIS    [ Guid]  {CDEAD503-17F5-4A3E-B7AE-DF8CC2902EB9}      EventID 10317      Version 0      Level 2      Task 2      Opcode 0      Keywords 0x2000000000004016     - TimeCreated    [ SystemTime]  2015-11-18T13:41:19.254507300Z      EventRecordID 3767     - Correlation    [ ActivityID]  {019C656A-9740-4387-8851-B2B295AEA201}     - Execution    [ ProcessID]  4    [ ThreadID]  9824      Channel System      Computer DellXPS15      Security   - EventData   IfGuid {019C656A-9740-4387-8851-B2B295AEA201}   IfIndex 2   IfLuid 19985273102270464   AdapterName Dell Wireless 1830 802.11ac   MiniportEventEnum 74 WLAN Extensibility Module has stopped. Module Path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\bcmihvsrv64.dll - System   - Provider    [ Name]  Microsoft-Windows-WLAN-AutoConfig    [ Guid]  {9580D7DD-0379-4658-9870-D5BE7D52D6DE}      EventID 10002      Version 0      Level 3      Task 0      Opcode 0      Keywords 0x4000000000000000     - TimeCreated    [ SystemTime]  2015-11-17T17:30:32.309061300Z      EventRecordID 3255      Correlation     - Execution    [ ProcessID]  1052    [ ThreadID]  8408      Channel System      Computer DellXPS15     - Security    [ UserID]  S-1-5-18   - EventData   ExtensibleModulePath C:\WINDOWS\System32\bcmihvsrv64.dll
I had this issue as well... I am currently using a brand new Samsung SSD that I had Dell send me.. Immediately did the fall Windows update 1511... haven't had any issues since. Also maybe make s... See more...
I had this issue as well... I am currently using a brand new Samsung SSD that I had Dell send me.. Immediately did the fall Windows update 1511... haven't had any issues since. Also maybe make sure you have the newest .7 BIOS, which also helped resolve some issues. I also learned that this Samsung SSD, if you have it in your machine, does NOT like AHCI mode in the bios, keep it in RAID mode even if you aren't utilizing a RAID setup. There is a reason dell sends it factory set to RAID and I discovered why with all the issues I had running a fresh windows install in AHCI mode or my SSD was bad (Built-In Dell Diagnostics said it was). One of the two...
I was looking for this myself the other day, and forget where, but I stumbled across something saying the Samsung PM951 SSD is OEM only, thus won't be supported by the Samsung Magician software. Also... See more...
I was looking for this myself the other day, and forget where, but I stumbled across something saying the Samsung PM951 SSD is OEM only, thus won't be supported by the Samsung Magician software. Also could not locate a driver for it. I know this drive only works correctly in RAID mode on these notebooks, gives issues if it is in AHCI mode.
Found another bug: This is on the Core i7 (not sure if it affects others) So when the computer is first booted all is well and running at full speed. If at any point, you unplug the power c... See more...
Found another bug: This is on the Core i7 (not sure if it affects others) So when the computer is first booted all is well and running at full speed. If at any point, you unplug the power cord to use the laptop on battery, obviously the processor scales back to conserve energy. Here is the issue:   When the power cord is plugged back in to recharge or no longer be portable, the CPU doesn't go back to full power and speed. It locks in a x17 Max Multiplier basically making a 3.2GHz CPU run at approx 1.7GHz. when under load. Dell Needs to release a BIOS update to resolve this issue ASAP. It is awful, especially if you go to run a game after just being on battery power.  Just browsing the web and such you probably won't notice. Download CPU-Z if you wish to verify this on your machine. On a side note: I haven't had a flicker yet with the .7 BIOS update and new Windows 10 update.
Found another bug: This is on the Core i7 (not sure if it affects others) So when the computer is first booted all is well and running at full speed. If at any point, you unplug the power ... See more...
Found another bug: This is on the Core i7 (not sure if it affects others) So when the computer is first booted all is well and running at full speed. If at any point, you unplug the power cord to use the laptop on battery, obviously the processor scales back to conserve energy. Here is the issue:   When the power cord is plugged back in to recharge or no longer be portable, the CPU doesn't go back to full power and speed. It locks in a x17 Max Multiplier basically making a 3.2GHz CPU run at approx 1.7GHz. when under load. Dell Needs to release a BIOS update to resolve this issue ASAP. It is awful, especially if you go to run a game after just being on battery power.  Just browsing the web and such you probably won't notice. Download CPU-Z if you wish to verify this on your machine. On a side note: I haven't had a flicker yet with the .7 BIOS update and new Windows 10 update.
I would try the new windows update that came out yesterday. Code name threshold 2 in Windows update. I rarely see any flickering on that update.
Sounds good.... Also have them post the following missing drivers for the XPS 15 9550 on the download section, which are available under the XPS 13 9350 download section... In case a user reinst... See more...
Sounds good.... Also have them post the following missing drivers for the XPS 15 9550 on the download section, which are available under the XPS 13 9350 download section... In case a user reinstalls windows such as myself. Intel HID Event Filter Driver Intel Serial IO Driver Intel Management Engine Components
I spoke to soon, flicker still happens every now and then on th2 build.
Hey Colin, I installed the Windows 10 Professional Insider Preview for the Threshold 2 build coming out shortly to everyone...  Microsoft may have fixed the flickering on their end, because (kno... See more...
Hey Colin, I installed the Windows 10 Professional Insider Preview for the Threshold 2 build coming out shortly to everyone...  Microsoft may have fixed the flickering on their end, because (knock on wood) my screen hasn't flickered yet on this build. I still have experienced a random blue screen with the wireless card dropping out. Had to do that BIOS trick again to get it to reappear.    Windows 10 Blue Screen - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED This insider build did give me a blue screen one time from the NVIDIA driver, but I don't blame that on the system as that issue didn't exist before the insider build was installed. I will try clean reinstalling the driver again. SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (nvlddmkm.sys)
Still flickers with that driver as well.  I also previously tried that one, but gave it another shot anyways with same negative result. - Dan
"Can you let me know what versions of the BIOS, Audio and Graphics drivers you have on the system and you are running Windows 10?" BIOS Version: 01.00.05 (Website lists 01.00.03 as newest availa... See more...
"Can you let me know what versions of the BIOS, Audio and Graphics drivers you have on the system and you are running Windows 10?" BIOS Version: 01.00.05 (Website lists 01.00.03 as newest available, so mine is a newer revision) Laptop Manufacture Date: 10/29/2015 OS: Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) Intel 530 Graphics: Video_Driver_C2Y38_WN32_20.19.15.4300_A02.EXE NVIDIA 960M Graphics: 9550_Video_Driver_033Y2_WN32_10.18.13.5425_A01.EXE (Also tried the newest version Geforce Driver NVIDIA's website, but doesn't fix issue since its the Intel driver causing the problem) Realtek ALC3266 Audio Driver: Audio_Driver_RRTG5_WN32_6.0.1.7620_A01.EXE Another Issue to report:... I have also experienced an issue where the wireless card drops out of device manager, thus the system cannot see or use it. This is after the system went to sleep and it only happened once so far... I fixed it by going in the BIOS to Wireless -> Wireless Switch -> Unchecking WLAN and applying settings. It came back after a reboot of doing that. Dell Wireless 1830 Driver: Communications_Driver_NYN84_WN32_1.519.0.0_A01.EXE I even tried reinstalling Windows 10 Pro using a clean install.
I haven't noticed any sound issues on mine that I got last week, however... I have the Intel 530 / NVIDIA 960M graphics combo with the NON 4K FHD 1080P screen and the intel driver is causing random s... See more...
I haven't noticed any sound issues on mine that I got last week, however... I have the Intel 530 / NVIDIA 960M graphics combo with the NON 4K FHD 1080P screen and the intel driver is causing random screen flickering for me. So you are not alone with that issue. - Dan
I have a Dell XPS 15 (9550) that I received last week from Dell with a random screen flickering issue.  It is based on evalue order code: <ADMIN NOTE: Order number removed per privacy policy> ... See more...
I have a Dell XPS 15 (9550) that I received last week from Dell with a random screen flickering issue.  It is based on evalue order code: <ADMIN NOTE: Order number removed per privacy policy> It is the 6th Gen Core i7, 16GB RAM, 15.6" FHD 1080p display (not 4k), 512GB SSD, 84WHr Battery, Intel 530 Graphics AND NVIDIA 960M I saw a post about the XPS 13 with the intel display flickering being fixed with the new driver... I am running driver version 20.19.15.4300 for the Intel 530 and my screen is still constantly flickering  on my brand new XPS 9550.  Another Issue: I also noticed that in the Intel graphics properties config panel -> 3D -> Application Optimal Mode... this also causes issues with the start menu looking distorted and fuzzy, even making some of the white text look gray.  I disabled this to resolve that issue, but the screen still constantly flickers. One thing I have done recently to mitigate the flickering is go into the NVIDIA driver control panel and set the NVIDIA card as the preferred graphics card, which works for most applications. As soon as the Intel card kicks back in the screen flickers... I have tried various drivers versions for this model off the Dell website without success. I am running Windows 10 Pro...  not sure if a newer driver is available and just not posted. For example the newest Laptop BIOS on the driver website ends in .3 while my pc came with .5 installed. So wasn't sure if the website was behind on graphics driver releases, although the Dell Update app hasn't downloaded any new driver either. I am about to return this laptop, this is annoying... I know it is the intel driver because if I uninstall the Intel Driver completely and let it install the generic microsoft basic graphics driver, while the performance isn't good, the screen does NOT flicker. Was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience and if you were able to resolve it OR if this is completely a driver issue that only Dell / Intel can resolve?   Thanks!
So i fixed the issue a while back, I just ripped the entire laptop apart. The idiot in Malaysia who put my laptop together had the keyboard pressing against the speaker wire, and was ripping the insu... See more...
So i fixed the issue a while back, I just ripped the entire laptop apart. The idiot in Malaysia who put my laptop together had the keyboard pressing against the speaker wire, and was ripping the insulation off the wire, causing the wire to ground and short out. thus messing with the sound of the speakers, i'm glad it didn't do any real damage.   - Dan
Hey Guys,    I just got a Dell Studio XPS 1640 today and I am having a major issue with the speakers. It sounds as if the person who put the laptop together wired them incorrectly, the top speakers... See more...
Hey Guys,    I just got a Dell Studio XPS 1640 today and I am having a major issue with the speakers. It sounds as if the person who put the laptop together wired them incorrectly, the top speakers near the keyboard sounds very faint and tinny like a sound sound speaker on a home theater system. All of the sound is coming out the subwoofer and sounds seriously muffled, because obviously a subwoofer is for low sound and not for any kind of high frequency. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this issue, I know it is not the driver because I can plug in headphones and they sound fine. I tried updating the driver and changing some sound settings just for hahas and just like a I thought didn't change anything.        I was just wondering if anyone else had heard of this issue?    - Dan