ColemanCreative's Posts

ColemanCreative's Posts

Rick, Thank you for your answer.  It didn't exactly solve the problem, but it gave me some more ideas. My DELL Drivers and Utilities for my Printer Disc is about 8 years old, as are my computer a... See more...
Rick, Thank you for your answer.  It didn't exactly solve the problem, but it gave me some more ideas. My DELL Drivers and Utilities for my Printer Disc is about 8 years old, as are my computer and printer.  In the past, when I had to re-install the Printer, I have found it will take several attempts before the disc installs all of the Printer Drivers and Utilities,  Possibly, there are some bad spots on the CD. Following your suggestion, I opened the ABBYY file on the CD.  I had it uninstall the program.  Then I uninstalled the Printer program using the "Set Program Access and Defaults".  After restarting the computer, I tried to install the Printer software using the Software Installation Wizard.  This time it installed all of the utilities.  I saw it install OCR.  I don't think it did that before. Now, the printer prints and it scans.  It works (for now).  I don't know exactly what I did, but it works. Thanks again for your suggestions.
I have a Dell Dimension 3100/E310 desktop computer with a Dell 964 All In One Photo Printer.  I have Windows XP on it. I had to re-install the Printer drives and software.  I can get documents t... See more...
I have a Dell Dimension 3100/E310 desktop computer with a Dell 964 All In One Photo Printer.  I have Windows XP on it. I had to re-install the Printer drives and software.  I can get documents to print fine.  I can get the printer to scan using the controls on the printer.  However, if I try to scan from the  Dell 964 All In One Center on the computer, I get an error message that says Scan Was Not Successful Try these solutions: * Make sure the All-In-One is powered on.  (IT IS.) * Disconnect and Reconnect the USB cable.  (I DID THAT.) * Disconnect and Reconnect the All-In-One's power cable.  (I DID THAT.) * Restart the computer. (I DID THAT.) Nothing worked. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you.
I have a Dimension 3100/E310.  It is running Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005.  Due to hacking, I reinstalled Windows XP with my Reinstallation DVD.  Also Restored files from Backup.   ... See more...
I have a Dimension 3100/E310.  It is running Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005.  Due to hacking, I reinstalled Windows XP with my Reinstallation DVD.  Also Restored files from Backup.   Sound is not working on You Tube videos, Windows Start-up sounds, Windows Shut Down, etc.  Have checked My Computer/ Management / Device Manager / Sound, video game controllers,  Found Working Properly: Audio Codecs, Legacy Audio Drivers, Legacy Video Capture Devices, Media Control Devices, Video Codecs, Virtual Audio Device.  All Volume Controls are On. I appreciate any suggestions to get my Sound back on. Thank you!
Hi Babita, I got my printer to work.  Yeah! After following your instructions, I was able to download the driver.  Then I could install my printer software from my CD. Thank you very much for y... See more...
Hi Babita, I got my printer to work.  Yeah! After following your instructions, I was able to download the driver.  Then I could install my printer software from my CD. Thank you very much for your help! Gary C.
Hi Babita, I am confused.  Hopefully, you can help me out. First I need a definition of terms.  What is Firmware?  What is Software as it relates to my Dell Photo All-In-One Printer 964. When I... See more...
Hi Babita, I am confused.  Hopefully, you can help me out. First I need a definition of terms.  What is Firmware?  What is Software as it relates to my Dell Photo All-In-One Printer 964. When I open my Printers and Faxes folder, I see Adobe PDF icon and Microsoft XPS Document Writer icon.  Nothing about Dell Photo All-In-One Printer 964 icon. What I am trying to achieve is to get my printer reconnected to my computer so I can print, scan, copy and fax.  I can't do any of those things right now from the computer. I tried to follow your suggestions listed above.  Here is what happened. When I click on How to Uninstall existing printer drivers: http://dell.to/18M5Oki, and then select Operating System Vista, it takes me to a Windows website Troubleshoot printer problems  windows.microsoft.com/.../Troubleshoot-printer-problems. I have never gotten the Clean-Up Assistant/Patch which you mentioned.. When I look under Remove Programs, I see nothing about the AIO 964.  I think the old software is gone. "For installing Dell 964 Printer Drivers:http://dell.to/13u7fzp"  When I click on this link, it lets me download  R133178 to C:\DELL\Drivers\R133178.  Clicking on this I get a box that says it will dowload the AIO 964 software.  Next, a black DOS window appears.  Then a box appears that says "Firmware Update Utility.  There are two parallel horizontal bars that show installation progress.  The top one is labeled Flashing.  The bottom is labeled Total Progress.  The Flashing bar will reach 51% and the Total Progress bar reaches 63%.  Then both stop moving and a message box appears that says the Download is Complete.   Next a box appears  that says AIO Firmware Update Utility.  Firmware Update Complete.  The firmware upgrade process has completed without receiving a Power On Reset alert.  Verify that the machine has finished updating firmware before removing power.  At the bottom is an OK button.  I click OK.  Next I restart the computer.  I check the Printers and Faxes folder and not AOI 964 printer is shown. Going back to the AIO Firmware Update Utility box.  What is a "Power On Reset alert?"  How do I "Verify that the machine has finished updating firmware before removing power."? Again using the old Drivers and Utilities: Dell Photo All-In-One Printer 964 CD in the past.  I would insert the CD in Drive D.  The CD would start to run and a box would appear on the screen that asked if I wanted to Install the Printer for Personal Computer or a Network Computer.  I would select Personal Computer.  After a few seconds, an Installation Progress would appear and I could watch it install the printer, the fax, the scanner, and copy functions.  I can't get the CD to load those options for me anymore. What am I doing wrong? Thank you for your assistance.
I have a Dell Dimension E310 and a Dell Photo All-In-One Printer 964.  I am running Windows XP. My printer was running fine, but scanning was not working right. I uninstalled Dell Printer 964 usi... See more...
I have a Dell Dimension E310 and a Dell Photo All-In-One Printer 964.  I am running Windows XP. My printer was running fine, but scanning was not working right. I uninstalled Dell Printer 964 using Change or Remove Programs. I tried to re-install Dell Printer 964 using the Drivers and Utilities CD: Dell Photo All-In-One Printer 964 CD that came with my computer.  I have had this CD for 6 years and have used it to re-install printer before. I place the CD in the D Drive.  Sometimes it will open the Installation Box (Sometimes it does not).where I can choose to Install for a Personal Computer or a Network Computer.  I click on Personal Computer and wait.  Nothing happens.  In the past this action would start the Printer Installation process. Sometimes I place the CD in the D Drive and nothing happens.  In that case, I open My Computer then Right click on D Drive (which shows the Dell CD).  I click on Open.  Sometimes the Installation Box opens.  Sometimes it does not. Sometimes a box opens that says the computer has detected new hardware - Dell Photo All-In-One Printer 964.  Instructions say to make sure the Dell Installation CD is in Drive D, then click Next.  It moves to another window where it says it is searching for the CD.  It just keeps searching but does not find it. Has my Installation CD worn out?  Is that why the computer can't find it?  Or is something else going on?  Can I download the Printer software from the Dell website?  Can I get a new Drivers and Utilities CD: Dell Photo All-In-One Printer 964 CD? I have a medium knowledge of the computer. I appreciate any help someone might offer. Thank you.
Second part of my Reply. I download DELL DRIVER  G5A32-WP English, the files download and unzip OK.  It brings up the Dell Photo AIO Printer 964 Installation window.  I click on Personal Installati... See more...
Second part of my Reply. I download DELL DRIVER  G5A32-WP English, the files download and unzip OK.  It brings up the Dell Photo AIO Printer 964 Installation window.  I click on Personal Installation, the window disappears and nothing happens. After all of this the Printer prints and scans fine.  But when I Restart the computer, after the Desktop populates, I still get the message RUNDLL Error in C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\DLCJtime.dll If you have any other suggestions, answers, etc.  I appreciate hearing them. Thank you, Gary
Hi Senthil, I tried following your instructions but had some problems. I was able to delete the existing printer and the printer software. I rebooted the system.  So far, OK. I cannot find my... See more...
Hi Senthil, I tried following your instructions but had some problems. I was able to delete the existing printer and the printer software. I rebooted the system.  So far, OK. I cannot find my Setting Up Your Printer poster that came with my Dell AIO Printer, so I don't know when to disconnect the printer's USB and power cord and when to reconnect them.  Do you know where I can get a new poster, or do you have those instructions to share with me? When I reconnect the printer USB cable I get a popup on the computer "Found New Hardware", then a window popsup that wants me to insert my Printer Install CD.  My Printer Install CD is old.  When I put it in the D:\  CD/DVD slot, I can hear it working for a bit, but the Install program rarely starts up. It seems like the computer is not reading the CD. If it does start, I get the window to Install.  I click on INSTALL and nothing happens.  The window disappears.  Can I get an a new Installation Disc for my DELL AIO Photo 964 Printer? When I try downloading new drives, I followed your link, downloaded DELL FIRMWARE  N201, A04, and got the files unzipped.  The computer show a black screen window called C:\WINDOW\system32\cmd.exe and another window, AIO Firmware Update Utility 2.04.  This window shows it is Initializing 100% and Total Progress is 31%.  Next another box pops up that says AIO Machine Firmware Version: Cab_E071006_00,  Firmware Update Version: Cab_E121505_00, Do you want to continue with the update?  I Click YES.  Back on the AIO Firmware Update Utility 2.04, it shows Flashing and gets to 84% and Total Progress 76%, the stops and shows a box that says Firmware Update Complete.  I click OK. If I go back to the Drives Download window and filter for Windows XP, I get download options for DELL FIRMWARE  N201, A04,   DELL FIRMWARE  071006, A04,and DELL DRIVER G5A32-WP English When I download DELL FIRMWARE  071006, I get to the AIO Firmware Update Utility 2.04, and it shows Initializing 100% and Total Progress 11%.  Next another box pops up that says AIO Machine Firmware Version: ..4P......,  Firmware Update Version: CabEC_E071006_00, Do you want to continue with the update?  I Click YES.  Back on the AIO Firmware Update Utility 2.04, it shows Flashing and gets to 54% and Total Progress 64%, the stops and shows a box that says Firmware Update Complete, The firware upgrade process has completed without receiving a Power On Reset alert. Verify that the machine has finished updating firmware before removing power.   I don't know what that means or how to do it so I click OK. When I download DELL DRIVER G5A32-WP English, it downloads and unzips OK.  Then it opens the Dell Photo AIO Printer 964 Installation window.  I click on Personal Installation, the window disappears and nothing seems to happen. The Printer Prints and scans OK, but whe I Restart the computer,   Once the desktop repopulates, I get the Error Box that says The RUNDLL Error in C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\DLCJtime.dll. If you have any suggestions or answers to my questions, please tell me. I appreciate your help. Thank you, Gary Coleman
I have a DIMENSION 3100C, running Windows XP.  When I start it up, it gets to the Desktop screen, then an error box appears.  It says "RUNDLL  Error in C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\DLCJti... See more...
I have a DIMENSION 3100C, running Windows XP.  When I start it up, it gets to the Desktop screen, then an error box appears.  It says "RUNDLL  Error in C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\DLCJtime.dll   Missing Entry: RUNDLLEntry" I can click OK, the box goes away, and the computer seems to work OK. What does the error mean?  What can I do to fix it? Thanks for any suggestions.
I have a DIMENSION 3100C, running Windows XP, with a Dell All-In-One Photo Printer 964.  I used to be able to scan documents with it using the Dell All-In-One Center.  Recently it stopped saving scan... See more...
I have a DIMENSION 3100C, running Windows XP, with a Dell All-In-One Photo Printer 964.  I used to be able to scan documents with it using the Dell All-In-One Center.  Recently it stopped saving scanned documents.  The scanner works.  I can see a Preview of the scanned document.  I set the Productivity Tools to "Scan and save to a PDF format."  I select my "Save As" folder, give the document a name and hit SAVE.   A DELL SCAN STATUS bar appears and it scans.  Next, a PROCESS progress bar should appear and it saves the document.   That's how it used to work.  Now it stops before the PROCESS Bar appears.  The Dell All-In-One Center disappears.  I can scan documents using ABBYY FineReader 6.0  Sprint Plus software, but it takes longer than the Dell All-In-One Center.  What am I missing?  My computer knowledge is medium - just enough to be dangerous to myself and the computer.  Thanks for any suggestions.
Hi Rick, ABBYY FineReader 6.0  Sprint Plus came with the computer.  DELL loaded it.  It's on the printer's software disk. Gary
I have a DIMENSION 3100C, running Windows XP.  When I start it up, it gets to the Desktop screen, then an error box appears.  It says "RUNDLL  Error in C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\DLCJti... See more...
I have a DIMENSION 3100C, running Windows XP.  When I start it up, it gets to the Desktop screen, then an error box appears.  It says "RUNDLL  Error in C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\DLCJtime.dll   Missing Entry: RUNDLLEntry" I can click OK, the box goes away, and the computer seems to work OK. What does the error mean?  What can I do to fix it? Thanks for any suggestions.
Hi Rick, See the comment to Nikhil. My Virus Program is Microsoft Security Essentials. My firewall is Microsoft Firewall. The applications on my Dell All-In-One screen are: ABBYY FineReade... See more...
Hi Rick, See the comment to Nikhil. My Virus Program is Microsoft Security Essentials. My firewall is Microsoft Firewall. The applications on my Dell All-In-One screen are: ABBYY FineReader 6.0  Sprint Plus - Default Microsoft Paint Paint Shop Photo Album 5 Jasc Paint Shop Pro Studio Microsoft Powerpoint Microsoft Word Notepad Wordpad Acrobat Elements MSPUB Photoshop Elements Editor If I set it for Microsoft Paint, I can get it to Scan and Save a PDF document or photo to the Desktop. Is there a program I should Add, or Remove, or Move Up in the list? Any suggestions? Thank you for your help. Gary
Hi Nikhil, I enabled the services. I uninstalled the printer program. I installed the printer program from the CD. The program will scan documents and photos fine. It will only Save the sca... See more...
Hi Nikhil, I enabled the services. I uninstalled the printer program. I installed the printer program from the CD. The program will scan documents and photos fine. It will only Save the scan to the Desktop.  If I try to Save to another folder such as My Documents/Gary Coleman/Personal/Medical History, it will not Save the PDF document. If I scan and save using only ABBYY FineReader 6.0  Sprint Plus software, I can Save the PDF to the Medical History folder.  But I have to go through many more steps. The Dell 964 was scanning and saving to the Medical History folder fine last week. Any suggestions? Thank you, Gary
Thank you, Madhur B. It worked perfectly.
I have a DIMENSION 3100C, running Windows XP, with a Dell All-In-One Photo Printer 964.  I used to be able to scan documents with it using the Dell All-In-One Center.  Recently it stopped saving scan... See more...
I have a DIMENSION 3100C, running Windows XP, with a Dell All-In-One Photo Printer 964.  I used to be able to scan documents with it using the Dell All-In-One Center.  Recently it stopped saving scanned documents.  The scanner works.  I can see a Preview of the scanned document.  I set the Productivity Tools to "Scan and save to a PDF format."  I select my "Save As" folder, give the document a name and hit SAVE.   A DELL SCAN STATUS bar appears and it scans.  Next, a PROCESS progress bar should appear and it saves the document.   That's how it used to work.  Now it stops before the PROCESS Bar appears.  The Dell All-In-One Center disappears.  I can scan documents using ABBYY FineReader 6.0  Sprint Plus software, but it takes longer than the Dell All-In-One Center.  What am I missing?  My computer knowledge is medium - just enough to be dangerous to myself and the computer.  Thanks for any suggestions.
I have a DIMENSION 3100C, running Windows XP.  I connected an IOMEGA External Hard Drive to it through a USB port.  When I start the computer, it reaches the BIOS screen.  Then I get a message "NTLDR... See more...
I have a DIMENSION 3100C, running Windows XP.  I connected an IOMEGA External Hard Drive to it through a USB port.  When I start the computer, it reaches the BIOS screen.  Then I get a message "NTLDR is missing.  Hit Control, Alt, Delete."  I hit CONTROL, ALT, DELETE.  The computer reboots, gets to the BIOS screen, and the same thing happens.  If I unplug the External Hard Drive, the computer boots up just fine.  Is there some way to keep the External Hard Drive plugged in and still get the computer to boot past the BIOS screen.  My computer knowledge is medium - just enough to be dangerous to myself and my computer.  Thanks for any suggestions.