Ric Roma's Posts

Ric Roma's Posts

Thanks for the response -   Logged on - entered Setup - it was on already..   I downloaded the driver, installed it, but nothing "new" appeared in the Device Manager as I anticipated.  The sa... See more...
Thanks for the response -   Logged on - entered Setup - it was on already..   I downloaded the driver, installed it, but nothing "new" appeared in the Device Manager as I anticipated.  The same (only) netword device that is shown is the "Intel Pro/1000 MT Network", but no Ethernet Controller or support. In my "Network Connections" it states that a local area cable is unplugged (which I assume is the Ethernet Cable), yet when I plug it in there is no power to the connection.  I have checked the cable and the wireless router, both are working (confirmed on my laptop), so no issue there. The only item listed under "network Connections" is that Intel Pro/1000 stating it's not connected.  I have tried disabling/enabling, etc to get it to turn on with no luck.   I think it is something stupid and simple, but I am missing it (since I don't have setup discs it makes a little more difficult).   Any ideas? RR
OK - here is my Ethernet issue - can't find a great place to post, but this I think will do.. I was just given an Optiplex GX270 that has an Ethernet input...unfortunately it doesn't appear as thou... See more...
OK - here is my Ethernet issue - can't find a great place to post, but this I think will do.. I was just given an Optiplex GX270 that has an Ethernet input...unfortunately it doesn't appear as though the utility for whatever reason is not on the computer (there is no device driver, etc).  I checked the system hardware and it does not appear, then logged in the Service Tag on the Dell website to see about re-downloading the drivers, but still none found for the Ethernet Input/Control.   Is this normal?  I have an Ethernet Port, but there is no "power" to it and can't hookup a router to get online.  IS there a "generic" driver utitlity that would work? Any and all help is appreciated.   Ric
OK - here is my Ethernet issue - can't find a great place to post, but this I think will do.. I was just given an Optiplex GX270 that has an Ethernet input...unfortunately it doesn't appear as thou... See more...
OK - here is my Ethernet issue - can't find a great place to post, but this I think will do.. I was just given an Optiplex GX270 that has an Ethernet input...unfortunately it doesn't appear as though the utility for whatever reason is not on the computer (there is no device driver, etc).  I checked the system hardware and it does not appear, then logged in the Service Tag on the Dell website to see about re-downloading the drivers, but still none found for the Ethernet Input/Control.   Is this normal?  I have an Ethernet POrt, but there is no "power" to it and can't hookup a router to get online.  IS there a "generic" driver utitlity that would work? Any and all help is appreciated.