alwahashi's Posts

alwahashi's Posts

in fact this is greatest idae from dell , but i have question , for instance if I enable flexaddress on all eight slots then I need install three servers more and rearrange the servers on the chass... See more...
in fact this is greatest idae from dell , but i have question , for instance if I enable flexaddress on all eight slots then I need install three servers more and rearrange the servers on the chassis , is still the server keep the same WWN .if server 1 was on slot 1 with enabled flex address then aftera while alter its position to slot 8 , does the WWN still reserved for the specfic server ? no change the zone in case change the server slot . please your advice .
I'd like to discribe the current situation then I need your support in short time . the customer has EMC CX300 conected with two Sql servers containing (windows 2003 cluster ,sql cluster and pow... See more...
I'd like to discribe the current situation then I need your support in short time . the customer has EMC CX300 conected with two Sql servers containing (windows 2003 cluster ,sql cluster and power path ) . we have been added new storage CX4-120 in seprate switch and configured some new lun's . now two servers show the old lun's(from CX300)and new Lun's (cx4-140) through HBA cards . each server has twoHBA cards , one card connected with SAN cx300 and another card connected with new SAN cx4-120. i've used the old powerpath and host agent . I configured the quorum and MSDTC with new lun's ,the cluster working properly . but once remove the old FC cable from card to isolate the old storage , the SQL servers unable to show up new lun's . my question as follows : is there any relation between old powerpathe and host agent with new storage (cx4-120) ? must I remove the old powerpath and instal the new powerpath wth licence in order to see the new lun's ? really ,Im wondering when I plug again the old FC cable every thing becom good and showing the new and old lun's . I need method to fix the problem without disrupt the sql servers . and isolate the old storage in safe way . Thanks .....
Hi Experts I have blade server M610 , this sever had motherboard problem , I've changed the motherboard to new one but the run diagnostic in new motherbard by F10 seystem service not working .when I ... See more...
Hi Experts I have blade server M610 , this sever had motherboard problem , I've changed the motherboard to new one but the run diagnostic in new motherbard by F10 seystem service not working .when I click diagnostic option come out error (diag.sig not found) but in the old motherboard I was able to use this option , my question how i can restore diagnostioc function to new motherboard . please your assist ASAP . Thanks ..
hello Kindly , I need your assist for obtain good solution . I’ve had Clarrion storage DELL|EMC CX300 connected with 4 servers , currently we have new Clarrion storage (DELL|EMC CX4-120 )to add ... See more...
hello Kindly , I need your assist for obtain good solution . I’ve had Clarrion storage DELL|EMC CX300 connected with 4 servers , currently we have new Clarrion storage (DELL|EMC CX4-120 )to add it .so, I’m going to install fiber card for each server and connect them with new SAN in order to become each server can show both SANs (old &New ).next step I will create new LUNs in new SAN in order to see old SAN LUNs and new SAN LUNs in each server . Four servers contain of Two servers for SQL cluster and two severs for Exchange cluster .my query I need best method for move the data from old SAN LUNs to new SAN LUNs specifically Quorum LUNs without affect the both cluster instead of use SAN Copy . Thanks …………….
customer has 5000 users ,he wants give for each user 5GB as private capacity . once the user login by own his user name and password be able to find his capacity .now my question are : 1- which the b... See more...
customer has 5000 users ,he wants give for each user 5GB as private capacity . once the user login by own his user name and password be able to find his capacity .now my question are : 1- which the best solution match eith his requirments Dell EMC or Equallogic? 2- how can I do that with Active directory to make each user has quota from storage ? what is the plane? please assist me to find good solutionf for him.
Thank your prompt response really , I'm shy with the customer because I've advised him to buy Equallogic PS5000,but during installation I've been suprised due to simple issues didn't come with me s... See more...
Thank your prompt response really , I'm shy with the customer because I've advised him to buy Equallogic PS5000,but during installation I've been suprised due to simple issues didn't come with me smoothly like enable multi host option doesn't appear .moreover , the customer purpose for taken PS 5000 just for create volume to make cluster . in terms of your questions : model : PS5000 firmware :3.X host: linux enterprise 4 , but the configuration on my laptop windows xp SP 3 by browsing IP group address. is there host integeration tools working under linux V4 ? or complete my configuration on my laptop .
Thank you for your prompt response . really I'm shy with the customer because I've advised him to buy equallogic PS5000 but during the installation I've been suprised about simple issues didn't com... See more...
Thank you for your prompt response . really I'm shy with the customer because I've advised him to buy equallogic PS5000 but during the installation I've been suprised about simple issues didn't come with me smoothly such as enable host ccess option for cluster doesn't appear , moreover the customer purpose for taken PS5000 just for cluster (share volume ) . in terms of your questions Model :PS5000 firmware :3.X hosts : Linux v4 but the configuration on my laptop under windows XP SP3 by browsing the group IPaddress , is there host integeration tools working under linux V4 ? or complete my configuration on my laptop . please your assist
how can activate enable multi host access option ? because I've created one volume for connect two server to this volume ,but unfortunately the enable multihost access option is disppear I can't se... See more...
how can activate enable multi host access option ? because I've created one volume for connect two server to this volume ,but unfortunately the enable multihost access option is disppear I can't see this option for make cluster ,i need select this option to make one volume as share between two servers when use cluster .
Hi I got problem during configur the storage with linux all connectivity working properly when do ping but the critical issue are iscsi initiator utils 6.20.868.0.18.el5-3.1 64 bit doesn't instal... See more...
Hi I got problem during configur the storage with linux all connectivity working properly when do ping but the critical issue are iscsi initiator utils 6.20.868.0.18.el5-3.1 64 bit doesn't installed properly it is need some packages like libc.50.6 and Gnu-Hash incomplete in spite of that I installed them but the problem still exist then I've deleted the iscsi initiator utils software and installes the version included inside the linux v4 CD and I configured the /etc/iscsi.conf as required but the problem I can't show the volume on my server . please your assist .