MPH1000's Posts

MPH1000's Posts

My monitor sometimes doesn't wake up after I hit the sleep button. Monitor: a Dell E198WFP Flat Panel LCD Monitor PC: Dell XPS 8600 BIOS Version String: A10 OS: Win 8 64 bit Video: NVIDIA G... See more...
My monitor sometimes doesn't wake up after I hit the sleep button. Monitor: a Dell E198WFP Flat Panel LCD Monitor PC: Dell XPS 8600 BIOS Version String: A10 OS: Win 8 64 bit Video: NVIDIA GeForce GT 620 The power light on the CPU Case turns white, indicating that it is alive and well but the monitor displays a message saying that is it not receiving a video signal and so is entering power-save mode, then it goes black and the monitor power light goes from green to orange. I've tried clicking and hitting buttons on the keyboard but nothing gets the monitor's attention. Also hitting the sleep button on the keyboard does not, at this point, cause the PC to sleep again. I'm forced to hold down the CPU's power button until it is off then boot and of course run disk checking since there could be file corruption from a harsh action like this. It is possible that the monitor is working but the CPU is not outputting a signal or not responding to the input devices.   This problem does not happen every time.   This is a new PC. I'm so sick of the problems I've faced with it. I don't dare use sleep mode.
Please excuse me. I didn't see an appropriate forum for mouse trouble. If you know a better place for me to post this question please let me know.   My mouse has begun acting very sporadically. I... See more...
Please excuse me. I didn't see an appropriate forum for mouse trouble. If you know a better place for me to post this question please let me know.   My mouse has begun acting very sporadically. It's an optical mouse with a USB wire. I tried another mouse, USB but wireless, and in different USB ports. It doesn't seem to help. More recently the mouse freezes but comes back to life after I click (sometimes). In this case it may be bad batteries. Sometimes the mouse works fine. So it's hard to know if something I've tried fixed the problem.   Thank you for your advice, Michael