DELL-Frances Ya's Posts

DELL-Frances Ya's Posts

Hi  dave duan ,   Thanks for postingin our Community and Welcome! I would gladly check the status of your order if you can provide me via private message ( click my username in blue, start c... See more...
Hi  dave duan ,   Thanks for postingin our Community and Welcome! I would gladly check the status of your order if you can provide me via private message ( click my username in blue, start conversation ) the information needed below; Dell Order Number: Account Name: Your complete name:  
Hi  stevebukala , I hope you read my private message. I just want to check with you if all of your concerns has been addressed at this time?  Please let me know any time via private message if th... See more...
Hi  stevebukala , I hope you read my private message. I just want to check with you if all of your concerns has been addressed at this time?  Please let me know any time via private message if there is anything that I can assist you further or post here in our Community. We'll be glad to assist you. 
Hi  brente91 ,  Thank you for posting in our Community and Welcome!  I will be glad to look into the status of your Gift Card if you can provide me with the information needed below via priva... See more...
Hi  brente91 ,  Thank you for posting in our Community and Welcome!  I will be glad to look into the status of your Gift Card if you can provide me with the information needed below via private message ( click my username in blue, start conversation ); Dell Order: Account Name: Your complete name:   
Hi  endyw, Thank you for posting in our Community and Welcome! Apologies to what you have had experienced. Please allow me to assist you with your tag and any other issues or concerns. Pl... See more...
Hi  endyw, Thank you for posting in our Community and Welcome! Apologies to what you have had experienced. Please allow me to assist you with your tag and any other issues or concerns. Please provide me via private message ( click my username in blue, Start Conversation ) the following; Dell Service Tag: Name on the account: Your complete name: Issues you need assistance with:
Hi Cheryls0262,   Thank you for posting your issues in our Community and Welcome! I can look into the details of this installation that you have been waiting if you can provide me with the ... See more...
Hi Cheryls0262,   Thank you for posting your issues in our Community and Welcome! I can look into the details of this installation that you have been waiting if you can provide me with the information below via private message ( click my username in blue then Start Conversation ); Dell Order Number: Account Name: Your complete name ( if different from Account Name):
Hi stevebukala, Thank you for posting in our Community and Welcome! First of all, please allow me to apologize for the inconveniences that this whole experience caused you and your wife. Plea... See more...
Hi stevebukala, Thank you for posting in our Community and Welcome! First of all, please allow me to apologize for the inconveniences that this whole experience caused you and your wife. Please let me take a look into your case and do my best to turn things around. Please provide me with the information below via private message ( click my username in blue and Start Conversation ); Dell Order  Number: Dell Account Name: Your complete name ( if different from Account Name 😞 Glad to assist you.
Hi Dustin, Thank you for posting in our Community and welcome! I can see that you have posted in our Facebook page and one of our colleague's updated you yesterday. Did you get his message? ... See more...
Hi Dustin, Thank you for posting in our Community and welcome! I can see that you have posted in our Facebook page and one of our colleague's updated you yesterday. Did you get his message? Glad to assist!
Hi d_nimmo, Thank you for your feedback and posting here in our Community. Welcome! Apologies with inconveniences causes. If you can provide me with the information below via private messag... See more...
Hi d_nimmo, Thank you for your feedback and posting here in our Community. Welcome! Apologies with inconveniences causes. If you can provide me with the information below via private message ( click my username in blue, start conversation ); Dell Order: Account Name ( if not the same as your name 😞 Your complete name: Shipping address: I will be glad to investigate on this and provide you updates until you have received your order.
HI Chrisholm, Thank you for posting in our Community and Welcome! I would be glad to look into your order if you still have not received the confirmation email up until this time. Please provi... See more...
HI Chrisholm, Thank you for posting in our Community and Welcome! I would be glad to look into your order if you still have not received the confirmation email up until this time. Please provide me with information needed below via private message ( click my username in blue, start conversation ) ; Name provided for the Account Name: Your complete name: Billing Address: Billing Contact Number: Shipping Address: Shipping Contact Number:
Hi  jaba04, Thank you for posting in our Community and Welcome! Please provide me with the information below via private message ( click my username in blue, start conversation ) ; Dell... See more...
Hi  jaba04, Thank you for posting in our Community and Welcome! Please provide me with the information below via private message ( click my username in blue, start conversation ) ; Dell Order: Account Name: Your complete name: I will be glad to look into your case.
Hi Marita, May I ask you to please click my username in blue then start conversation? If you can send me the information needed privately for security purposes. Thank you.
Hi  KeithTC , Thank you for posting your feedback in our Community and Welcome! If you still need assistance with your unit, please provide me information needed that I may be able to invest... See more...
Hi  KeithTC , Thank you for posting your feedback in our Community and Welcome! If you still need assistance with your unit, please provide me information needed that I may be able to investigate your case. Please provide me the following via private message ( click my username in blue then Start Conversation ); Dell Service Tag: Account Name registered to ( if not the same as your name 😞 Your complete name ( if not the same as Acct name 😞 Issues: Dispatch number:
Hi ontherun, Thank you for providing us your feedback and issues in our Community and Welcome! Apologies that carrier was not able to deliver as it says it would. If you can provide me with th... See more...
Hi ontherun, Thank you for providing us your feedback and issues in our Community and Welcome! Apologies that carrier was not able to deliver as it says it would. If you can provide me with the following information via private message ( click my username in blue, Start Conversation ); Dell Order Number: Account Name: Shipping Address: I will be glad to look into your order and assist you the best I can. Thank you for choosing Dell.
Hi Marita180, Thank you for posting in our Community and Welcome! All orders from Military Exchange are being fulfilled the same as ordinary orders. I can check the order for you if you can pr... See more...
Hi Marita180, Thank you for posting in our Community and Welcome! All orders from Military Exchange are being fulfilled the same as ordinary orders. I can check the order for you if you can provide me with the information needed below via private message ( click my username in blue, start conversation ); Dell Order Number: Account Name: Shipping Address:
Hi Neversaynever, Thank you for posting your feedback and issues in our Community and Welcome! Please provide me with the information needed below via private message ( please click my userna... See more...
Hi Neversaynever, Thank you for posting your feedback and issues in our Community and Welcome! Please provide me with the information needed below via private message ( please click my username in blue then Start Conversation ) and i'll be glad to look into your case; Dell Service Tag: Account Name: Contact Numbers ( primary / secondary 😞 Email address: Detailed issues on the unit ( where the sound is coming from 😞 What has been done on the unit ( troubleshooting steps 😞
Hi  mbtihan , Thank you for posting in our Community and Welcome! Apologies to inconveniences encountered using your eGift Card. If you can please provide me with the following information be... See more...
Hi  mbtihan , Thank you for posting in our Community and Welcome! Apologies to inconveniences encountered using your eGift Card. If you can please provide me with the following information below via private message ( click my username in blue then Start Conversation ), I will be glad to look into your case; Dell Order Number ( system order 😞 Account Name: Your complete name ( if different from Account Name 😞 eGift Card Number: Item/s trying to purchase when trying to use the eGift Card: Thank you.
Hi Harold, For security purposes, our administrators removed the information in public. May I ask you to please send me the information needed via private message ( click my username in blue, then... See more...
Hi Harold, For security purposes, our administrators removed the information in public. May I ask you to please send me the information needed via private message ( click my username in blue, then Start Conversation). Thank you.
Hi  Sher34, Thank you for posting in our Community and Welcome! First, please allow me to apologize for the inconveniences that this delay on your order may have caused you. Please provide m... See more...
Hi  Sher34, Thank you for posting in our Community and Welcome! First, please allow me to apologize for the inconveniences that this delay on your order may have caused you. Please provide me with the information needed below via private message ( click my username in blue then start conversation ) , that I may be able to look into your case; Dell Order Number: Complete Name on the account: What was ordered: Email address used when you place the order: Glad to assist!
Hi mistafresco, Thank you for posting in our Community and Welcome! Indeed it takes 15 days to complete ownership/warranty transfer. Indeed, t here are no postal codes in Ireland.  May I as... See more...
Hi mistafresco, Thank you for posting in our Community and Welcome! Indeed it takes 15 days to complete ownership/warranty transfer. Indeed, t here are no postal codes in Ireland.  May I ask upon completing the transfer form ( http://goo.gl/8p5SY ), even if zip code was not available, what were you prompted? I can check on this for you if you can provide me with the information needed below via private message ( click on my username in blue, start conversation ); Dell Service Tag: Complete previous Owner's information: Complete current Owner's information: ( Please attach receipt of purchase 😞 Just would like to set your expectations, not all of the warranties are transferable. You may refer to this link: http://goo.gl/LSCL4 for the Requirements for  transfering service contracts domestically and internationally. Thank you for choosing Dell.
Hi  prsiva09, Thank you for posting in our Community and Welcome! Please allow me to assist you with your warranty issues. Please provide me with the following information below via pr... See more...
Hi  prsiva09, Thank you for posting in our Community and Welcome! Please allow me to assist you with your warranty issues. Please provide me with the following information below via private message ( please click my username in blue then start conversation ); Dell Service Tag: Dell Order Number for the warranty extension: Name on the account: Your complete name ( if not the same as Account Name): Thank you for choosing Dell.