jljunk's Posts

jljunk's Posts

Thanks - loads. Worked brilliantly!
My HDD started failing and I managed to get my data off it. I've installed an SSD and reinstalled windows from a fresh copy as I cannot create recovery media from the old HDD as the recovery partit... See more...
My HDD started failing and I managed to get my data off it. I've installed an SSD and reinstalled windows from a fresh copy as I cannot create recovery media from the old HDD as the recovery partition is damaged. The Win 7 installed worked mostly using the OEM key but I keep getting windows warning about it not being genuine Windows 7. I contacted Microsoft but they say I need to contact DELL to get a key to "activate" Windows properly. Can someone help - I am in UK so apparently I cannot use the DELL US option of getting recovery disks in the post. Thanks John
I am a UK customer. I have a dell studio 1749 Had a hard drive failure and want to restore to factory. I cannot create recovery media as the data safe software won't offer the option due to ... See more...
I am a UK customer. I have a dell studio 1749 Had a hard drive failure and want to restore to factory. I cannot create recovery media as the data safe software won't offer the option due to a problem in the recovery partition. This is due I think to when I copied the hard drive there were faults in that partition and it didn't copy properly. I downloaded a vanilla Win 7 Home Premium 64 install from Microsoft but needed a license key to activate it. The license on my laptop is an OEM one and windows activation is only giving me 30 days to supply a valid license. Can I either obtain a license key for my laptop OR a copy of the recovery media I can use to restore the laptop to factory? Or are there other options? Thanks
I have a dell studio 1749 Had a hard drive failure and wanted to restore to factory. However I cannot create recovery media as the data safe software wont offer the option due to a problem in the... See more...
I have a dell studio 1749 Had a hard drive failure and wanted to restore to factory. However I cannot create recovery media as the data safe software wont offer the option due to a problem in the recovery partition. This is due I think to when I copied the hard drive there were faults in that partition and it didn't copy properly. I downloaded a vanilla Win 7 Home Premium 64 install from Microsoft but need a license key to activate it. The license on my laptop is an OEM one and windows activation is only giving me 30 days to supply a valid license. Can I either obtain a license key for my laptop OR a copy of the recovery media I can use to restore the laptop to factory? Or are there other options? Thanks