sansub's Posts

sansub's Posts

The case will attach to a USB port, the same way a flash drive does - yes.     Hi there again!   Would this be ok to transfer my files? http://www.amazon.co.uk/LUPO... See more...
The case will attach to a USB port, the same way a flash drive does - yes.     Hi there again!   Would this be ok to transfer my files? http://www.amazon.co.uk/LUPO-Inch-SATA-Hard-Drive/dp/B0030Y58LY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1295577306&sr=8-1 Do I need anything else? Any cables at all? Thanks for helping!
Remove the hard drive, mount it in a 2.5" SATA USB 2.0 case (about $10-20).  Attach to a working system, and copy your files.   So, does this case have the bit like an USB ... See more...
Remove the hard drive, mount it in a 2.5" SATA USB 2.0 case (about $10-20).  Attach to a working system, and copy your files.   So, does this case have the bit like an USB stick which I can just stick into a working laptop? I looked for it online, it costs about £6, so it's not expensive. I might give it a try but I am aftaid that I might somehow damage the hard drive when taking it out... seeing as I haven't had luck with laptops so far.
Hello everybody. First of all Happy New Year!! I made a stupid mistake and turned off the laptop while it was rebooting. The laptop (Dell Inspiron 1545) cannot be turned on anymore (there's only ... See more...
Hello everybody. First of all Happy New Year!! I made a stupid mistake and turned off the laptop while it was rebooting. The laptop (Dell Inspiron 1545) cannot be turned on anymore (there's only a red flashing power LED). I do however have very important files on the hard drive which I desperately need. How can I transfer files from the Hard drive onto an USB stick or something similar? I looked at various videos online, and I believe that I now know how to take out the hard drive, but I do not know how to transfer the files. If someone could help me, please? Thanks in advance!
 thanks again! It sounds like a professional should be doing all that? Or is there some sort of advice you can give me? I am a novice and I don't want to make the situation worse than it is.
dear EJN63, thanks so much for replying, but as you might have figured I do not know much about IT. My laptop is no longer on a warranty I'm afraid 😞 how do I remove the hard drive?
I have a Dell Inspiron 1545. I wanted to install Bluetooth on it. Not knowing how to do so, I looked at online discussion and many had said that I'd probably have to install drivers. While I was d... See more...
I have a Dell Inspiron 1545. I wanted to install Bluetooth on it. Not knowing how to do so, I looked at online discussion and many had said that I'd probably have to install drivers. While I was doing that it said that a BIOS update was also recommended (And, again not knowing what it was, I installed it) While it was doing the update, at some point it said rebooting and the screen went blue. Now I was not sure whether my files would be deleted or not, I panicked and switched it off, because I have important University files on my laptop. This happened approximately a week ago and now when I turn on my laptop I can hear it's on, but the screen is completely black and the power icon is flashing red. Somebody please help me. I need my files 😞