vijay-india's Posts

vijay-india's Posts

Hi Chris, I'm glad that you guys are addressing it here. I had the same issue or you can a bit more weird and resolved after seeing solution in this thread. I have 2 numbers of Dell ST2320L, one ... See more...
Hi Chris, I'm glad that you guys are addressing it here. I had the same issue or you can a bit more weird and resolved after seeing solution in this thread. I have 2 numbers of Dell ST2320L, one purchased in Dec,2010 and another in Mar,2013. I loved the first one so much that I couldn't even thought to upgrade when I had to buy the second one 🙂 The problem appeared with the first one when second one came. Actually first was attached to my PC all the time with DVI, and I had no issues. Then I thought to setup a small TV in my bedroom and got the HD DTH connected to ST2320L for the purpose of having audio connected directly from monitor with less clutter, plus you do not get a TV of this resolution at this price (prove me wrong), and I was anyway going to use only HDMI and External speakers, so this was all I needed. It was so fascinating that I removed the audio from Motherboard and used from monitor in PC as well (less clutter), obviously I had to connect to HDMI instead of DVI I was using. And, from here I had the big issue of floating "NO HDMI Cable atatched" whenever my screen was supposed to go off (I have it as low as 2 minutes, as I work from home and leave the PC on all the time, so it would save energy). The HDMI was supplied by Dell only with an Inspiron Notebook. I then saw this thread and tried the one provided by DTH provider and it worked like charm. So here are the 2 cables one which worked and one which didn't-- NOT worked (Supplied with Dell Inspiron Notebook) Byte    E119932-T   *   AWM  STYLE   20276    80 o C    30V    VW-1    HDMI1.3    CABLE    2METER    BHC78PE Worked (Supplied with DTH Box) High   Speed    HDMI TM    Cable    AVLV2    AWM    STYLE    20276    80 o C    30V    VW-1    ProgTech Note that, by "worked" I mean only the sleep mode. Both cables carried the Video and Audio without any issues, the difference was only the Sleep mode getting detected wrongly as cable disconnection. Which was rightly pointed by Chris. Hope this helps to the fellow readers. Your monitor has no issues, it's just your cable. Try the one above the HDMI1.4 (High Speed HDMI) and not HDMI1.3. I guess it has nothing to do with quality as the one provided by my DTH provider is quite cheap looking and thin emoticon.Stickouttongue.title while the one which came with Dell Inspiron is very premium looking, thick, soft, long and with golden connectors which did not fade in 2-3 years. Thank you!