dcheck's Posts

dcheck's Posts

anyone can tell me how to use the RealTek sound connectors on the back panel to have digital 5.1 audio out to my Onkyo receiver? Thanks! Optical cable
I forgot to mention i installed an Antec Earthwatts 550watt PSU prior to the ram install. Was the second set of (3) 1GB ram the same as the set that can with the computer (DDR3 1006mhz)? ... See more...
I forgot to mention i installed an Antec Earthwatts 550watt PSU prior to the ram install. Was the second set of (3) 1GB ram the same as the set that can with the computer (DDR3 1006mhz)? if so, who was the manufacture of the ram? I know the dell 475watt PSU has a PCI -E 6 pin connector cable, did your video card require the pci-e connection?   All my ram is dell oem samsung and yes my video card does require the 6 pin connector. The dell 475watt power supply in mine has two 6 pin connectors. see post http://en.community.dell.com/forums/p/19301286/19587366.aspx#19587366  
Yes , I installed all six at one time and the system didnt start, it just beeped 3-4 times in a row. That let me know that i needed to install one at a time. So what i did was install one r... See more...
Yes , I installed all six at one time and the system didnt start, it just beeped 3-4 times in a row. That let me know that i needed to install one at a time. So what i did was install one ram stick,  then start the system to check if it posted. I did slot's 1 then 3, and 5. Then followed by 2, 4 and 6. The total process took around 10-15minutes. dcheck  do slots 1, 3 and 5 first, each one at a time then start your system after each ram stick is installed. if it makes it past the bios screen without a beep, then you are good to go. Tried that never beeps just hangs at post screen every-time, on two different computers, every now and then it would start and run with six sticks installed until I had to restart or the power went out and then would not start again, very frustrating.  
I'm curious why 6x1GB (6 DIMMs) is used instead of 3x2GB (3 DIMMs)...isn't DDR3 memory supposed to work best in trios?   Because when I brought the computer it came with 3x1GB... See more...
I'm curious why 6x1GB (6 DIMMs) is used instead of 3x2GB (3 DIMMs)...isn't DDR3 memory supposed to work best in trios?   Because when I brought the computer it came with 3x1GB and the cheapest way to upgrade to 6GB was to buy 3x1GB, still runs triple channel because if you use three or six dimms it runs triple channel, but the problem I've found is that when you have a video card that requires extra power from the power supply you cant install six dimms it hangs on start up. Dell replaced four motherboards, memory three times and finally replaced the computer and still will not start with six dimms installed. I talked to a tech yesterday that told me its because I need to go buy a bigger power supply, what? I bought this computer right off of their website and everything in it is what they sell online in the configurator.  
supremefive, does your computer ever hang on start, whenever I install ram in all six slots my computer hangs on the bios screen, until I remove a stick of ram.
supremefive What kind of video card is that and do you have all memory slots full?
[quote user="dcheck"] My computer hasn't work right since I received it, a tech replaced the motherboard three times and the memory twice. They say they're going to sent me a replacement... See more...
[quote user="dcheck"] My computer hasn't work right since I received it, a tech replaced the motherboard three times and the memory twice. They say they're going to sent me a replacement, well today I noticed that one is production for me and its all wrong a total downgrade, wrong video and power supply not to mention no card reader. When I called and asked about it csr said he didn't see a problem, are you kidding me. If you don't post your current configuration vrs. what Dell is offering, I'm not sure anybody can comment accordingly...  Components that are not exactly the same as what you currently have may not be a "downgrade"... [/quote]   You're right, I have a 4870 video card and there giving me a 4350 as replacement, also I have the 475w power supply and they're giving me a 350w supply.  
After waiting since the 23rd of October for my replacement I finally see there's one in production. The problem is its wrong, I currently have a 4850 video card and the one they're building has a 43... See more...
After waiting since the 23rd of October for my replacement I finally see there's one in production. The problem is its wrong, I currently have a 4850 video card and the one they're building has a 4350, big difference and I think they have smaller power supplies as well. I called dell and at first they couldn't understand the difference, then they said the would email the production people and have it changed before it shipped. I noticed its now changed to shipped and nothing has changed, I can't even use that video card because I run two displays and that video card has one output. I kind of can't believe it took that long to get a replacement, notice it was wrong before it shipped, alerted them to the problem and still I'm going to have to ship it back and wait for another replacement, oh yeah forgot to mention my original computer is dead and has been since the 23rd. emoticon.Angry.title  
Well I went to my Oncology Physical Therapy Class and when I returned home the replacement for my old Studiao XPS 435T came, the old system was: DELL Studio 435T i7 965 3.2 GHz Extreme Ed... See more...
Well I went to my Oncology Physical Therapy Class and when I returned home the replacement for my old Studiao XPS 435T came, the old system was: DELL Studio 435T i7 965 3.2 GHz Extreme Edition, 9 Gb RAM, 1.5 Tb SATA and a Patriot Warp V.3 256 Gb SSD, DVD/RW and Blu-ray/RW combo drive, 1000/NIC and 1505 wireless, X-Fi Extreme Soundblaster, Bose Surround Sound 5.1 speakers, LifeCam VX 3000 VidCam, Logitech Wireless Desktop Kb and Mouse, Bamboo Pen Tablet,  ATI Radeon 4870 1024 driving a Vizio 37" HDTV using  Optical Toslink from the X-Fi Extreme Sound Card  on Vista 64 Premium also have Pioneer SE-DIR 800C Wireless Dolby DTS Headphones the new one will be listed in my sig line momentarily.......... I can't believe this machine! My computer hasn't work right since I received it, a tech replaced the motherboard three times and the memory twice. They say they're going to sent me a replacement, well today I noticed that one is production for me and its all wrong a total downgrade, wrong video and power supply not to mention no card reader. When I called and asked about it csr said he didn't see a problem, are you kidding me.
Does anyone have all six ram slots full, because mine will not start with all slots full. I've tried different ram, moved them around to different slots and dell even replaced my motherboard twice, s... See more...
Does anyone have all six ram slots full, because mine will not start with all slots full. I've tried different ram, moved them around to different slots and dell even replaced my motherboard twice, still no joy. What should I do? emoticon.Sad.title
Well spoke to soon computer will not start with all memory slots full, will only start if I remove one stick of ram. I think maybe its time for a replacement or maybe I'll just send it back. I usuall... See more...
Well spoke to soon computer will not start with all memory slots full, will only start if I remove one stick of ram. I think maybe its time for a replacement or maybe I'll just send it back. I usually build my own computers and never have a problem,  I guess I should have continued. emoticon.Sad.title
When the power goes out or I shut off my computer it hangs on startup, until I removed one stick of ram and let it start up, then I reinstalled the stick I removed and it starts up. Whats t... See more...
When the power goes out or I shut off my computer it hangs on startup, until I removed one stick of ram and let it start up, then I reinstalled the stick I removed and it starts up. Whats the problem and how can I fix it? Well I removed the password reset jumper by the the video card and it starts up every time, weird possible fix or defect?
When the power goes out or I shut off my computer it hangs on startup, until I removed one stick of ram and let it start up, then I reinstalled the stick I removed and it starts up. Whats the problem... See more...
When the power goes out or I shut off my computer it hangs on startup, until I removed one stick of ram and let it start up, then I reinstalled the stick I removed and it starts up. Whats the problem and how can I fix it?