AmerenSteveS's Posts

AmerenSteveS's Posts

I downloaded the PE environment driver pack. That driver pack has storage drivers contained in it. I will testing tomorrow. I've never tried to build a system with XP without a Mass Storage driver ... See more...
I downloaded the PE environment driver pack. That driver pack has storage drivers contained in it. I will testing tomorrow. I've never tried to build a system with XP without a Mass Storage driver specified.
Looking at the Manifest.xml that comes with the driver pack I see no reference to SATA mass storage driver. I also see no unique download on the 390 Drivers & Downloads page for a SATA mass storage d... See more...
Looking at the Manifest.xml that comes with the driver pack I see no reference to SATA mass storage driver. I also see no unique download on the 390 Drivers & Downloads page for a SATA mass storage driver. If somebody know what the driver should be I can add it to the driver package from another system such as the 990 that I already have imported.
I downloaded and imported driver pack for the Opti 390 into SCCM. When adding the task sequence step to apply the 390 driver pack I get a blank drop down under the driver. Is there something wrong w... See more...
I downloaded and imported driver pack for the Opti 390 into SCCM. When adding the task sequence step to apply the 390 driver pack I get a blank drop down under the driver. Is there something wrong with the driver pack? Does the 390 not use SATA?
Andrew, All the machines that I have dealt with on this issue have all appeared to have Hitachi GH30N drives.  You also stated that your system had a GH30N.  I find this to be too much of a coinced... See more...
Andrew, All the machines that I have dealt with on this issue have all appeared to have Hitachi GH30N drives.  You also stated that your system had a GH30N.  I find this to be too much of a coincedence.  Looking at my asset reporting there are many different drive manufacturers and models in my Optiplex 760s.  Only the systems with the GH30N are reporting problems.  Did you apply both the DVD drive firmware and the Seagate?  Did you use Dell's provided firmware?  I am going to look to see if there is firmware available directly from Hitachi. Steve
Has anyone looked at the manufacturer of the CD/DVD drive?  I'm curious if anyone having freezing issues has a Hitachi CD/DVD in their system? 
Jalton, Thanks for the information.  This also applies to Precision T3500 machines with Windows XP SP3 and nVidia drivers. Steve