TrisMD3's Posts

TrisMD3's Posts

My RAID key is physically missing, although i do not want to use RAID. i just want to be able to use my hard drives instead of an external drive to run my OS
I cannot create logical drives for use by an OS. my goal is to run WDS from this to practice using the new remote installation tools for windows 8 enterprise.. way back, when i was trying to instal... See more...
I cannot create logical drives for use by an OS. my goal is to run WDS from this to practice using the new remote installation tools for windows 8 enterprise.. way back, when i was trying to install Ubuntu server ed. , it failed to detect any logical drives to install to, or to detect any hard drives attached to the sata device housing my hard drives. i've gone through every configuration menu in the bios and even used the dell pre-installation disk, but all to no avail. sorry if i'm not being clear enough.
i have 3 36 gig hdds in my hot-swap bays in my dual dual-core Xeon 3.6Ghz Poweredge 2650. it has 6 Gigs of ram, and scsi ports 0 to 2 (i believe) designated for hard drives. it is missing a raid ke... See more...
i have 3 36 gig hdds in my hot-swap bays in my dual dual-core Xeon 3.6Ghz Poweredge 2650. it has 6 Gigs of ram, and scsi ports 0 to 2 (i believe) designated for hard drives. it is missing a raid key. i have been able to boot it from a cd. . . i need to set it up as my windows 8 deployment test server. i have considered running it off a flashdrive, but thought i may be able to get some advice here before i take such rash actions. what should i check (hardware/software) out to diagnose this? this is my first time working with a server.