RayFortMill's Posts

RayFortMill's Posts

Good to see that someone has had the same experience. Now it would be even better if Dell would step up and do something about it. Or at least tell us why it's there and can I delete it from my c... See more...
Good to see that someone has had the same experience. Now it would be even better if Dell would step up and do something about it. Or at least tell us why it's there and can I delete it from my computer. BTW, even thogh disabled at startup, I have seen it running and preventing emails at least once.  Ray @RivetNetworks 
I have been having a difficult time getting my laptop to send email when connected on WiFi. On wired Ethernet I have no problems. On WiFi I get the message Task 'email- Sending' reported error (0x800... See more...
I have been having a difficult time getting my laptop to send email when connected on WiFi. On wired Ethernet I have no problems. On WiFi I get the message Task 'email- Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' I get this message on every email account I have, and the email just sits in the OutBox.  After many exchanges with Microsoft, u sing msconfig I have booted initially just with Microsoft programs and then with increasing numbers of programs from other manufacturers. Got it down to Softbyte Network Services by Rivet Networks. Yes, Outlook can send emails if this programs is disabled from starting using msconfig. Look for advice. And can I just uninstall Rivet networks product from my computer? TIA, Ray
I have a Precision 3630 Workstation with 16GB memory installed by Dell. Service Tag <Service tag removed>. I would like to add 16GB more. I have a 16GB pair (2x8GB) Corsair LPX memory modules p/n C... See more...
I have a Precision 3630 Workstation with 16GB memory installed by Dell. Service Tag <Service tag removed>. I would like to add 16GB more. I have a 16GB pair (2x8GB) Corsair LPX memory modules p/n CMK 16GX4M2A2666C 16. Will they work? I just want to be sure before I plug them in and risk messing up my computer. They are DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300, as are the two HMA81GU6CJR8N-VK Huyandai modules that came in the computer. TIA, Ray
I am still pushing this on the dell side. You all have made sure that Removable Dev. and/or USB:Generic are not the 1st Boot Device in the bios? Yes, my first boot device is my C dr... See more...
I am still pushing this on the dell side. You all have made sure that Removable Dev. and/or USB:Generic are not the 1st Boot Device in the bios? Yes, my first boot device is my C drive. Always has been. I now have my old Dell keyboard standing next to my computer for when I reboot or need to get into the BIOS (like to check the boot sequence). I have the old keyboard plugged in from the time I choose to reboot until it finishes booting, instead of the LIK..
I guess I'll add my voice to this. I purchased a Studio 9000/435T and LIK from Dell, and I have exacly the same problem. I've been on the phone with Dell, reloaded SetPoint, etc, to no avail. like ma... See more...
I guess I'll add my voice to this. I purchased a Studio 9000/435T and LIK from Dell, and I have exacly the same problem. I've been on the phone with Dell, reloaded SetPoint, etc, to no avail. like many here, I've tried other keyboards on this computer, and they all work fine. I've tried the LIK on other Dell computers, and it works fine. But on this computer the BOIS acts the same as though no keyboard at all is connected, and hangs for a full two minutes at about the 25% point of the Dell BIOS boot progress bar. Likewise, can't get into the BIOS, and can't interact with the boot menu. Judging by the posts here, and the posts on Logitech's board, this is a growing problem with this specific keboard, the Dell 435T and Vostro, and a few other motherboards identified on the Logitech board. It seems to me (seasoned Electrical Engineer), that the root cause of this a is some kind of non-conformace in the Logitech keyboard design, that our Dell models are sensitive to.  We've bought otherwise good computers here, and have all taken the time and effort to install software and to configure our computers the way we like them. I have no intention of shipping my computer back, but i'd happily ship back this keyboard (which otherwise works fine). Perhaps we all need to get more vocal. I see DELL-Chris is trying to help, but what we need is for Logitech's engineers to work with Dell's engineers to solve this. Also, judging by the span of dates on this board, and a check of the web site, Dell seems to continue to sell the LIK with the Studio 9000 computer. On Logitech's web site the forum is at http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Keyboards-and-Keyboards-Mice/Logitech-Illuminated-Keyboard-unusable-to-enter-BIOS-prior-to/m-p/399233#M18635