nbfreak2's Posts

nbfreak2's Posts

Ok, First question will the Aurora R3 motherboard work in the Aurora R2? 2. If so is it a screw for screw wire for wire swap? 3.will my AW widows 7 disk work still ? Any info would be he... See more...
Ok, First question will the Aurora R3 motherboard work in the Aurora R2? 2. If so is it a screw for screw wire for wire swap? 3.will my AW widows 7 disk work still ? Any info would be helpfull.... My reasons for this are CPU upgrade and SATA III interface....Upgrade on the R2 motherboard for the CPU is more pricey than new CPUs...plus hard to find.first generation i7.. The R3 motherboard is SATA III capable as were my R2 board is not,which I didnt know till after I put my 500gig SSD...lol Although still much faster than HDD was.
i5 cpu 750 @ 2.67ghz  is what I have now. Intel Core i7-880 Processor (8M Cache, 3.06 GHz). Will I notice much diffrence with this processor? Thank you!
I have a aurora R2 desktop with the i5 and Im wondering if I can upgrade to i7 processor? I think its got the P55 mother board.I read it previous generation compatible? Will none of the new... See more...
I have a aurora R2 desktop with the i5 and Im wondering if I can upgrade to i7 processor? I think its got the P55 mother board.I read it previous generation compatible? Will none of the newer processors work? Thanks for any help..
Ok,figured out that the 2.5 to 3.5 adapter was bad were it conected ssd.... Now bios see ssd.... When I start to install windows on it it shows only 465.8 gig on the drive.....Its a 500gig ... See more...
Ok,figured out that the 2.5 to 3.5 adapter was bad were it conected ssd.... Now bios see ssd.... When I start to install windows on it it shows only 465.8 gig on the drive.....Its a 500gig 1. Is there stuff on the drive I need to delete before I install windows? 2. Or is that right and just start install of windows... Seems like alot of gigs not showing.....If drive has partition of stuff not needed would rather delete first.... Thanks for your help Tesla1856!
The SSD is not recognized in the bios. Ive tried diffrent bays and origanal HHD shows up so not cable issue. Its a samsung 840 series 500gig... Ive changed from Raid to AHCI still no dri... See more...
The SSD is not recognized in the bios. Ive tried diffrent bays and origanal HHD shows up so not cable issue. Its a samsung 840 series 500gig... Ive changed from Raid to AHCI still no drive shows up.. Thanks for any help?
Ok, this is my first shot ever of doing fresh install of windows... That being said....I do not understand how to tell which drivers I need for my system. I am replacing the original 500gig... See more...
Ok, this is my first shot ever of doing fresh install of windows... That being said....I do not understand how to tell which drivers I need for my system. I am replacing the original 500gig HDD with a Samsung 840 series SSD. I understand they have to be installed in order,but on the list I have no idea what "Intel management engine" is? Chipset is easy as there is only one driver for that, my video card is evga so there site for that driver' Am unsure of other drivers I need specific...How do I tell? Then can I put drivers on USB stick to install after fresh windows? How this makes sense ,any help would be very  appreciated.....If more info is needed please let me know and I will do my best to give it. Aurora R2 - Intel Chipset - Intel Management Engine - Nvidia or AMD Video Card - LAN - Killer Nic (optional) - WLAN (optional) - Bluetooth (optional) - Integrated or Creative Audio - USB 3.0 PCIE card (optional) - IRST - Command Center - AlienFX Plugin
Is a link for the order of install intiall drivers? Thank you!
I have a alienware auroa R2 with a 525w psu,I would like to uprade it to the 875w psu so I can use better gfx cards. What psu can I us and am I able to just do a straight upgrade with no other... See more...
I have a alienware auroa R2 with a 525w psu,I would like to uprade it to the 875w psu so I can use better gfx cards. What psu can I us and am I able to just do a straight upgrade with no other internal changes,nooby and not sure about this?