HelpAsNeeded's Posts

HelpAsNeeded's Posts

Corrupt screen & system crash. Latitude 3450 W10 16GB RAM. Two experiences. 1. Screen becomes corrupted but active, e.g., screen is split vertically, "snow" appears--I have to manually reboot. 2. sc... See more...
Corrupt screen & system crash. Latitude 3450 W10 16GB RAM. Two experiences. 1. Screen becomes corrupted but active, e.g., screen is split vertically, "snow" appears--I have to manually reboot. 2. screen becomes corrupted and system freezes--I have to manually reboot. Symptoms occurring daily. Nothing from Dell diagnostics. Thoughts?
Thanks!
Thank you very much -- your instructions worked. It seems incredibly bizarre that legacy apps, e.g., the  Control Panel, work while the later apps, e.g., Settings, fail. Who knew?
"System arrived  this  week running Windows 8.1 Pro,  upgradedd tto  Windows  10. Various  keys stick -- unpredictably -- as seenherre." System arrived  this  week running Windows 8.1 Pro, upgraded... See more...
"System arrived  this  week running Windows 8.1 Pro,  upgradedd tto  Windows  10. Various  keys stick -- unpredictably -- as seenherre." System arrived  this  week running Windows 8.1 Pro, upgraded to Windows 10. Various keys stick -- unpredictably -- as seen here. I see other systems, e.g., xps, had such a problem. Is there such a solution for this system?
Latitude 3450, upgraded to  Windows 10. Under Settings, Default apps, Web Browser, "choose a default appears." I select  Google Chrome but nothing  happens. Is there a trick?Bro
Thanks, good link.
I'm with you, not sure whether office 2007 files can be downloaded anymore ...
I did not do a clean install. I don't find File Manager I do find Microsoft Office with four more folders, including Office12, under program files. Is that it? Where / what is the install file? Tha... See more...
I did not do a clean install. I don't find File Manager I do find Microsoft Office with four more folders, including Office12, under program files. Is that it? Where / what is the install file? Thanks!
Thanks, N10d. I can't tell if your response is rhetorical or a question. As point of fact, service packs have failed to install :(
Thanks for your reply. Inspiron 1525. I know Vista is obsolete but if the system works it has value. I don't know anything about Windows 10 Insider 10130 except for what I see now from you. ... See more...
Thanks for your reply. Inspiron 1525. I know Vista is obsolete but if the system works it has value. I don't know anything about Windows 10 Insider 10130 except for what I see now from you. Dell has tested numerous machines for W10 compatibility but not this one, and Dell doesn't recommend updating. Do you disagree? I have attached a system screenshot. Hardware IDs are: network adapter: PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4315&SUBSYS_000B1028&REV_01 PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4315&SUBSYS_000B1028 PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4315&CC_028000 PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4315&CC_0280 display adapters: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A02&SUBSYS_022F1028&REV_0C PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A02&SUBSYS_022F1028 PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A02&CC_030000 PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A02&CC_0300 Thanks again!
after reinstalling vista, when I go to outlook.com i get the message "Please upgrade your web browser To get the most out of Outlook.com, we recommend that you upgrade your web browser. Upgrading... See more...
after reinstalling vista, when I go to outlook.com i get the message "Please upgrade your web browser To get the most out of Outlook.com, we recommend that you upgrade your web browser. Upgrading should only take a few minutes. Download the latest version of Microsoft Internet Explorer " when I click http://windows.microsoft.com/ to update I get  "It's time to upgrade your browser You’re using an outdated version of Internet Explorer. Many websites—including Windows.com—no longer support Internet Explorer 6 and Internet Explorer 7. You won't be able to view Windows.com until you upgrade your browser.  Internet Explorer 9  Download now " when I click download now I get  "the version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you're running. check your computer's system information ..." when i try microsoft.com i get  "cannot open http://www.microsoft.com/en-." when I try dell.com/.i get "cannot open dell.com/en-us." Screen shots below. I have looked for discussion of this problem but haven't found it. Thanks.
I just reinstalled Windows 7. How can I find out whether Office files are located on this device (I didn't buy it new) and if they are, how to reinstall Office?
I just reinstalled Windows 7 and have the same question: "How can I determine whether the D: recovery drive includes the Office 2007 software?"
Thanks for the replies, FlobbleDiWobbleGooglyBear and Lee. My problem isn't high speed, as though / because the processor is overtaxed. My problem is the periodic wailing sound, like the bearings a... See more...
Thanks for the replies, FlobbleDiWobbleGooglyBear and Lee. My problem isn't high speed, as though / because the processor is overtaxed. My problem is the periodic wailing sound, like the bearings are failing, that arises periodically. I hit F12 and ran diagnostics on both the fan and the hard drive, both of which passed, so I don't trust the tests. I had a similar issue a few years back on a different machine, thought it was the fan, so I replaced it. A couple months later, the hard drive failed -- that was a drag (I'm still looking for ideas / recommendations as to how to recover the drive, but that's another matter). I've ordered a replacement fan ...
It sounds like the fan is failing but I want to test it first. When I ran the diagnostics, received message that Dell System Detect "application may not be running" so I authorized the download, we... See more...
It sounds like the fan is failing but I want to test it first. When I ran the diagnostics, received message that Dell System Detect "application may not be running" so I authorized the download, went through updating and installing but the process stopped with message "There was an issue running diagnostics." Any help on how to complete diagnostics?
Thanks, SpeedStep, that's good to know in a strange sort of way. But this machine shipped eight years ago, and the manual says to use such a tool. The last thing I need is an outdated tool, but do yo... See more...
Thanks, SpeedStep, that's good to know in a strange sort of way. But this machine shipped eight years ago, and the manual says to use such a tool. The last thing I need is an outdated tool, but do you have any tips on removing theprocessor? Thanks!
Thank you, Bev! I think it turns out that my problem was that I did not have.pdf extensions on my chrome browser :( Now that I have been through the manual, I have another question: the manual dire... See more...
Thank you, Bev! I think it turns out that my problem was that I did not have.pdf extensions on my chrome browser :( Now that I have been through the manual, I have another question: the manual directs me to use a microprocessor extraction tool to remove the microprocessor. However, neither best buy nor radio snack carry these items, so I need to find out where to get one. I will post this on the laptop for him. Thanks again!
I am at www.dell.com/.../diagnose and want to download manuals, but it seems that your site doesn't allow me to do that. How can I get the manuals?
Audio stopped again and I've lost 6 G of disk space running restore. How do I get this disk space back and how do I stop losing audio? Details: A week on from the successful system restore and the... See more...
Audio stopped again and I've lost 6 G of disk space running restore. How do I get this disk space back and how do I stop losing audio? Details: A week on from the successful system restore and the audio went out again. I ran a system restore again, with success for a day or so, but then I lost audio again. I didn't want to lose a usable restore point so I "set" a restore point. However, during this process I have lost over 6 G in disk space (and I don't have any more to lose) despite the fact that the system properties disk space usage is set at 4.7 G. One complication: I think the problem may be Google Chrome, so I've uninstalled it.
Ran a System Restore to seven days back and it worked like a charm -- thanks!