jlandwehr61's Posts

jlandwehr61's Posts

Now that I've gone back to win7, the Win10 update keeps nagging me, but based on your post above, I think I'll pass until someone posts that there are definitively no issues. Thanks Gerntolarsen.
I upgraded, but there were issues with the sound drivers and and bluetooth drivers, so I rolled back (after the 30 days). No issues now, but am wondering if the Win10 Service Pack 1 has fixed these d... See more...
I upgraded, but there were issues with the sound drivers and and bluetooth drivers, so I rolled back (after the 30 days). No issues now, but am wondering if the Win10 Service Pack 1 has fixed these driver issues. No way to tell, I reckon.
The spacebar on my Dell Inspiron 5010 is not working correctly anymore. I hit it primarily from the right side and every third or fourth space does not take correctly. Is there a way to remove it and... See more...
The spacebar on my Dell Inspiron 5010 is not working correctly anymore. I hit it primarily from the right side and every third or fourth space does not take correctly. Is there a way to remove it and clean under it or does anyone know of a different fix? The laptop works great and I don't think I need a new keyboard for what amounts to a dirty contact. Any help appreciated.
P A, No, I don't. As I said I went back to Windows 7 and am happy there. Too many odd things happening. Spotify wasn't working right at all, headphones sometimes, speakers others. Too much unknown.
KS, Yes, I upgraded. Things appeared to be working fine, but after a few issues I eventually downgraded back to Windows 7. Windows 10 did strange things to my N5010's audio driver and bluetooth and... See more...
KS, Yes, I upgraded. Things appeared to be working fine, but after a few issues I eventually downgraded back to Windows 7. Windows 10 did strange things to my N5010's audio driver and bluetooth and rather than fight with it constantly, I reloaded Windows 7 (A process which had it's own issues, but I digress.) On the whole, I wouldn't advise anyone to fix what isn't broken with their N5010 on Win7, but that's just me and my experience.
I eventually downloaded the Bluetooth driver from Lenovo, and that seemed to at least allow occasional use of bluetooth. The audio dropping out between headphones and speakers seems to be a peskier i... See more...
I eventually downloaded the Bluetooth driver from Lenovo, and that seemed to at least allow occasional use of bluetooth. The audio dropping out between headphones and speakers seems to be a peskier issue. It required uninstalling the audio driver and letting it re-install. <ADMIN NOTE: Profanity removed as per TOU>
Aer, I updated a couple of days ago and it appears to have gone without issue. On my other laptop (N5010), I lost the bluetooth after the WIN10 upgrade, but had luck when I installed a Lenovo Bl... See more...
Aer, I updated a couple of days ago and it appears to have gone without issue. On my other laptop (N5010), I lost the bluetooth after the WIN10 upgrade, but had luck when I installed a Lenovo Bluetooth Driver instead. Thanks!
Rishi, As it turns out, I uninstalled the WIDCOMM bluetooth adapter and installed the Lenovo Windows 10 driver and it worked (even though the last screen said the installation had failed.) The driv... See more...
Rishi, As it turns out, I uninstalled the WIDCOMM bluetooth adapter and installed the Lenovo Windows 10 driver and it worked (even though the last screen said the installation had failed.) The driver executable  was h0wz03ww.exe.  Just thought I'd let you know. Jim
Rishi, Thanks, I will look into that external as an option. If you know of a brand that is Win10 compliant and reputable, please send it along.  Thanks again. Jim
No. I looked under Networking and there was just the wireless card and the LAN port. I may have to just get an external usb bluetooth adapter.
Philip, The tool seems to hang while seeking out the adapter. (See attached). I checked in the BIOS and the bluetooth is "enabled" but I'm not sure if that means it's turned "ON". I tried FN>F2 to se... See more...
Philip, The tool seems to hang while seeking out the adapter. (See attached). I checked in the BIOS and the bluetooth is "enabled" but I'm not sure if that means it's turned "ON". I tried FN>F2 to see if that might turn it on, but it didn't seem to make the tool seek anything. Any ideas on how to turn the BT on (without an interface and other than FN>F2? Thanks, Jim
Thanks Philip. I'll try this tonight and let you know if I have success with it. Thanks!
Something like this? If I get one, it will have drivers available that are win10 compatible, correct?
Rishi, Thanks for your reply. I tried reinstalling the driver (on the N5010 laptop) using compatibility mode and it still mentions that it's not compatible. Knowing that I cannot get my bluetoot... See more...
Rishi, Thanks for your reply. I tried reinstalling the driver (on the N5010 laptop) using compatibility mode and it still mentions that it's not compatible. Knowing that I cannot get my bluetooth back (without downgrading back to Windows 7, which I don't want to do, because I like 10 so much) I think I'll have to live without it. Please contact me if you know of a workaround for getting bluetooth to work on a Inspiron N5010 with Windows 10. (I may get an external adapter if I can find one.) Thanks again. Jim
Hello, Am thinking of upgrading my Inspiron 1545 laptop to Windows 10. I successfully did an N5010 upgrade last week and only lost the bluetooth (to an unsupported driver).  Anyone know of any co... See more...
Hello, Am thinking of upgrading my Inspiron 1545 laptop to Windows 10. I successfully did an N5010 upgrade last week and only lost the bluetooth (to an unsupported driver).  Anyone know of any compatibility issues with the 1545? I see it hasn't yet been tested, but would like to move to it. Thanks. Jim
So, Mikedenney, if I upgrade my 1545 to Windows 10 Home Edition, I should be okay? (Moving from Win7)
Thx Alwin. So your bluetooth is working? If you don't mind, could you send a screenshot of where you'd find the bluetooth driver/configuration in win10? It's the only thing not working for me.
I'm not able to find drivers for win 8.1 for the 5010.