wolfsden3's Posts

wolfsden3's Posts

No that doesn't work. Dos boot disks no longer work you have to use Windows 7+ repair disks. They did away with freedos & dos options past a certain date. Another thing I thought I said I didn't use... See more...
No that doesn't work. Dos boot disks no longer work you have to use Windows 7+ repair disks. They did away with freedos & dos options past a certain date. Another thing I thought I said I didn't use Windows and the link you sent requires windows so your suggestion is not helpful at all. Not one bit!
2nd post AGAIN Dell **bleep** is wrong with your forum?  It lets you "post" without being signed in THEN it axe's you to sign in AND meanwhile...on the other side of the forum it loses your post! Ga... See more...
2nd post AGAIN Dell **bleep** is wrong with your forum?  It lets you "post" without being signed in THEN it axe's you to sign in AND meanwhile...on the other side of the forum it loses your post! Gawd awful programming! So I found out thanks to this post:  https://askubuntu.com/questions/100945/how-do-i-update-the-bios-of-a-dell-laptop ...that the M F'ers at Dell are #dellderps and derped the BIOS update process at some date.  So, you can't with certain laptop models now use the old FreeDOS boot disk method to update your BIOS.  That's why it just sites there and doesn't do anything. Dell you are total idiots to let your documentation site there stale and / or rotting.  Don't be HP please, don't be IBM please. Ugh.  So - if you get the update screen and it goes back to the prompt guess what?  You're F'd unless you can go get a windows 7 rescue disk per that ask ubuntu post and THEN do the update. So annoying.  Thanks for wasting 2 hours of my life on this one Dell. Derps!
First, this is now my 2nd post because the **bleep** board didn't like my first post I guess?  Ugh! Second...the Latitude E6420 doesn't seem to upgrade from FreeDOS past A12 BIOS. I've now tried th... See more...
First, this is now my 2nd post because the **bleep** board didn't like my first post I guess?  Ugh! Second...the Latitude E6420 doesn't seem to upgrade from FreeDOS past A12 BIOS. I've now tried them all, A13 > A25 (latest).  I followed the upgrade instructions as gospel and to the letter and it's how it updated to A12. https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln171755/updating-the-dell-bios-in-linux-and-ubuntu-environments?lang=en Once I hit A12 I can't get past it. Can I back revision to A11 then skip A12 perhaps?  I'm so frustrated!  I tried 2 USB disks both from FreeDOS and I don't want to install Windows on my laptop just to get a BIOS update.  Grrrrrrrr, I hate Windows and I use Linux. OK...I'm done complaining.  Any help here Dell?  Oh and I also reset my BIOS A12 back to defaults and tried again with no love.  After the blue screen > Yes I want to upgrade > green progress bar it just goes back to a d:\ prompt < -- my DOS volume with all the exe's on it. I got nothing!  Help!
Awesome man I will check it out! I have a switch stack but if I needed to connect via ethernet to anther L2 or L3 switch I have to use a trunk port on the ethernet connected ports right? Thanks f... See more...
Awesome man I will check it out! I have a switch stack but if I needed to connect via ethernet to anther L2 or L3 switch I have to use a trunk port on the ethernet connected ports right? Thanks for your help!
Hi, I haven't found a good enough answer in any of the forum posts about vlan routing with the N2000 series switches.  Can someone help? I did this with the 6224's and 6248's but that PDF documen... See more...
Hi, I haven't found a good enough answer in any of the forum posts about vlan routing with the N2000 series switches.  Can someone help? I did this with the 6224's and 6248's but that PDF document tutorial and how to is pretty straight forward.  I don't think the N2000's are the same on the CLI though. Here's part of my config, the "#" are my comments about what I'm doing: !Current Configuration: !System Description "Dell Networking N2024P, 6.3.2.6, Linux 3.6.5-e788596a" !System Software Version 6.3.2.6 # Configure frame size # access hostname "Switch Stack 1" ip telnet server disable system jumbo mtu 9216 no ip http server ip http secure-server ip http secure-certificate 1 ip http secure-protocol TLS1 SSL3 ip ssh server no spanning-tree # Enable IP Routing? ip routing # Configure the switch ports configure vlan 100 vlan 100 name "New 10 Network" interface vlan 100 ip address 10.0.3.240 255.255.252.0 interface vlan 1 name "Old 200 Network" ip address 200.111.111.26 255.255.255.0 # It used to be you couldn't route vlan 1...has this changed BTW? # Configure the interfaces interface Gi1/0/22 switchport access vlan 100 That's basically all I've got.  I can assigned more switch ports to vlan 100, etc BUT if I had a non-vlan 100 member (vlan 1 for example) can that even route?  It used to be on the 62xx series (and with Cisco I believe) that you couldn't route the default vlan (vlan 1).  Can you do that now? What is the setup to route between my 10.x.x.x network and the 200.x.x.x network?  By the way, the 200.x.x.x/24 is an INTERNAL network someone setup it's NOT an external facing interface.  That's why we're changing it to the 10.x.x.x/22 :-) I assume to get things to route I'd need a gateway.  I've seen some people posting commands BUT they don't explain them for example: ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.0.1 I assume that routes all 192.x.x.x traffic somewhere...but where? This particular setup was from a PDF someone uploaded (or a text file or something) with their config asking similar vlan routing questions.  Here is a snippet of their code: ip routing interface vlan 1 1 ip address 192.168.13.1 255.255.255.0 exit interface vlan 1681 2 ip address 192.168.1.1 255.255.255.0 interface vlan 1682 6 ip address 192.168.2.1 255.255.255.0 bandwidth 10000 exit interface vlan 1683 4 ip address 192.168.3.1 255.255.255.0 exit interface vlan 1684 5 ip address 192.168.4.1 255.255.255.0 bandwidth 10000 exit interface vlan 1685 7 ip address 192.168.5.1 255.255.255.0 bandwidth 10000 exit interface vlan 1686 8 ip address 192.168.6.1 255.255.255.0 bandwidth 10000 exit interface vlan 1687 3 ip address 192.168.11.1 255.255.255.0 bandwidth 10000 exit ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.0.1 Why would they put in a command like:  "interface vlan 1 1"...what's with the "1 1" exactly...is that a hop or preference? The 6200 series never had anything like that from what I remember.  It was here's your gateway, there's your route and you could route anything you wanted to and fro! If anyone could help me out and help me to understand what's going on it would be much appreciated.  I downloaded the cli manual for the N2000 but the ip routing section is filled with just a bunch of protocol stuff and it doesn't really tell me much, has some "virtual router" stuff in there with a command like "vre red" in it which again...is more confusing because different models of L3 switches didn't ever call it a virtual router they just called it routes! Thanks for any help on this!
  This might be an easy one but I can't figure out how to clear an individual port config for example, I want to delete this port config: interface ethernet 1/g1 dhcp l2relay switchport mode tr... See more...
  This might be an easy one but I can't figure out how to clear an individual port config for example, I want to delete this port config: interface ethernet 1/g1 dhcp l2relay switchport mode trunk switchport trunk allowed vlan add 100,200,300 I want interface ethernet 1/g1 to be as though I never configured it :-) I looked a bit onine but nothing really turned up besides resetting it back to factory default.  I went into commands I used to set the port, "dhcp l2relay ?" but no joy as to a clue or tip on how to undo dhcp l2relay or wipe the individual port back to being unconfigured. Thanks in advance!