OliRose1994's Posts

OliRose1994's Posts

Hey, guys. I've owned an Alienware desktop computer from new for the past almost-five years, and I've been performing clean OS installs each year or so in order to keep the computer running smoo... See more...
Hey, guys. I've owned an Alienware desktop computer from new for the past almost-five years, and I've been performing clean OS installs each year or so in order to keep the computer running smoothly. However, I misplaced the disc for installing the OS the last time I did it, and so I tried installing the OS using another disc that I have - but, because it's supposed to be done with an OEM disc, it's now saying I'm not running genuine Windows. The operating system I have is Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, and I was wondering if there's any way at all that I can either get some replacement discs or download a Dell/Alienware image from somewhere (legally, of course - I'm not asking for illegal methods!)? Especially since Windows 10 is coming out in a week and is going to cost £100 to upgrade if I don't get this sorted, I'd quite like it sorting, if possible, please! Thanks Oli PS: I'm out of warranty - and I found this out when I tried to order some replacement discs online.