goobs23's Posts

goobs23's Posts

Alright, goobs23 here. I was the one posting about all my video card problems and such. I had a problem this week on Monday where my power light came on and the hard drive clicked, but the computer s... See more...
Alright, goobs23 here. I was the one posting about all my video card problems and such. I had a problem this week on Monday where my power light came on and the hard drive clicked, but the computer screen did not turn on. So, after talking to dell for a couple hours they decided to do on-site replacement of my motherboard. I talked to them on Tuesday night and they came Thursday afternoon with a new motherboard. Technician replaces it and still the same problem. The guy then orders me another motherboard and a video card (8800M GTX) for replacement on Friday and they came in less than 24 hours to replace both parts. When the technician came the second time he replaced both a new motherboard and the video card and upon turning it on my hard drive was not recognized. So, he went back to the motherboard I was given the day before with the new graphics card and BAM it works.   So, the main problem was my 8800M GTX being faulty. All that time I spent searching forums and blaming drivers for not working and it was just a bad card. Thanks for all the help that you all gave me in fixing my problem, but in the end it ended up just being a bad card and nothing I had done or not done. As far as all features working with the XPS M1730 and windows 7; I have gotten everything to work properly now.
Heres how it went down. I reinstalled and made sure I did chipset first because yall said that. Next I dont remember but I think I did phsyx then 8800M GTX 186.81 driver. When I restarted I had same ... See more...
Heres how it went down. I reinstalled and made sure I did chipset first because yall said that. Next I dont remember but I think I did phsyx then 8800M GTX 186.81 driver. When I restarted I had same problem as before the clean OS. Next I uninstalled the drivers and installed the 195 beta driver. After restart, I had full functionality of Nvidia Control Panel and 1 card working. I restarted for another program I installed and on restart in the bottom right corner a message pops up and says you should use SLi its better. So, I went into the settings changed it to SLi grpahics and all was good for a little bit. I left my computer and came back to a black screen. I could not get it to work, so I manually turned it off. On load up it said there was some hardware failure or something like that. So, after I finally made it back to my desktop I was on VGA graphics again. I went back to the 195 beta driver and have left it just running 1 card for now because it doesnt screw my comp up. I have actually run MW2 on this computer and it only lags on high graphics in smoke screens.  Any other questions or ideas keep shooting, but I did read that others had problems with black screen on Sli 195.
Yes, I tried that driver first. It did not work and still just used the VGA graphics. So, I searched for the beta on the website and actually got to see my Nvidia Control Panel for the first time. On... See more...
Yes, I tried that driver first. It did not work and still just used the VGA graphics. So, I searched for the beta on the website and actually got to see my Nvidia Control Panel for the first time. Only 1 card is running, but at least for now I can run decent graphics. I am willing to try it again, but I do not see it working.
I did a full and clean reinstall. On my graphics cards, 8800M GTX, I had to download the beta version on Nvidia to run a single card. Can not get Sli to work. If I power my laptop off for the night; ... See more...
I did a full and clean reinstall. On my graphics cards, 8800M GTX, I had to download the beta version on Nvidia to run a single card. Can not get Sli to work. If I power my laptop off for the night; I have to reinstall the beta version display driver again. Its wierd I know. So, for now I have done everything I can and I hope by December that Nvidia or Dell will release a working driver for the display drives.
The only reason I might be putting off the inevitable is because I do not have all the programs with me to reinstall nor the time. I use this computer for school, so if the two week update doesnt wor... See more...
The only reason I might be putting off the inevitable is because I do not have all the programs with me to reinstall nor the time. I use this computer for school, so if the two week update doesnt work then I will reformat when school is our or Thanksgiving holiday in about 3 weeks. Thanks for the tips. When I choose to reinstall custom, how do I make sure I am installing into a clean hard drive? Thanks
I got to the post because it sent it to my email. I am glad to hear that there is a possible solution out there without the clean install. I have gone to so much trouble to get my computer back to ho... See more...
I got to the post because it sent it to my email. I am glad to hear that there is a possible solution out there without the clean install. I have gone to so much trouble to get my computer back to how I like it. I would almost do anything over a complete reinstall of the system. I hope in 2 weeks we will get that driver.
I did not choose the upgrade option, but I did end up keeping the old files. I didnt clean install. I went from Vista 32 bit to 7 64 bit. I do not remember the exact order I installed drivers in. I a... See more...
I did not choose the upgrade option, but I did end up keeping the old files. I didnt clean install. I went from Vista 32 bit to 7 64 bit. I do not remember the exact order I installed drivers in. I am just hoping that a driver does get released that can fix my computer. It does not make since why nothing on my computer registers my graphics cards are there.
Yes, I have had A10 for probably 5 months. The only drivers not working are the base system and the code 43 with both my SLi graphics. I still have no NVIDIA Control Panel, I deleted all drivers and ... See more...
Yes, I have had A10 for probably 5 months. The only drivers not working are the base system and the code 43 with both my SLi graphics. I still have no NVIDIA Control Panel, I deleted all drivers and reinstalled the latest from NVIDIA's website. I have installed Ricoh. Everything installs and after I restart it just continues to have the same problem with the code 43 on my device manager. I am still on VGA graphics or w/e comes with the computer on integrated. I am not sure what else I can do. I have installed the Phsyx off of NVIDIA's website, but it says I have no drivers for that installed either. I see this when I select it from the start menu. Any more info you need from me to decide what could be wrong. Thanks for the help.
If I had amazing computer skills I won't post here, so no offense taken. I downloaded and installed the drivers for the 8800M GTX next "after it said I installed it" it asked me to restart my compute... See more...
If I had amazing computer skills I won't post here, so no offense taken. I downloaded and installed the drivers for the 8800M GTX next "after it said I installed it" it asked me to restart my computer. My computer restarts, I log in, graphics are still the same. When I go to device manager it shows the code 43 from earlier. All I know is it says its installed, but it will not run the video drivers. On the Nvidia website you can choose to manually or automatically detect your graphics drivers. Manual from what you displayed is how I did it. I clicked it saved it to desktop and ran it til the restart with no problems. The auto detect shows that my "Current Driver Installed" is "--" as in there is not one. My computer device manager says all is good with the up to date driver just that it can not run b/c of a code 43 problem. NVIDIA Control Panel is not there either. Hope this helps Thanks
I downloaded them again and it asks for a restart, so I restart and when it pops back up I am still running integrated. Is there a setting to switch over or to tell my computer that I have graphics c... See more...
I downloaded them again and it asks for a restart, so I restart and when it pops back up I am still running integrated. Is there a setting to switch over or to tell my computer that I have graphics cards. It shows the graphics cards in my device manager with this in the properties, "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)". When I tell it to update driver it says it is up to date. So, the drivers are there but w/e the problem is with code 43 is stopping it from working. I dont have the NVIDIA Control Panel like I used to either. Does that pop up when the drivers get loaded correctly? I do not know why there are problems or how to fix them and as I mentioned above my Base System Device has problems and it says "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)".   Thanks for any help
I have downloaded the drivers but they will not decide to work on my computer. I was asking if you downloaded the 8700 first before you tried the 8800M GTX because for some reason I am still not runn... See more...
I have downloaded the drivers but they will not decide to work on my computer. I was asking if you downloaded the 8700 first before you tried the 8800M GTX because for some reason I am still not running on my graphics card. Also, that base system device can not find a driver and I have done all I could with the chipset and ricoh. If I am missing something big as to why my computer will not run the video cards, then point it out. Thanks for the help so far, I am trying the video drivers again.
This is directed towards mpwentzel or anyone else who can answer   Do you have the 8700M GT SLi Drivers or do you have 8800M GTX Sli? I am having the same problems that all of ya'll are having. I... See more...
This is directed towards mpwentzel or anyone else who can answer   Do you have the 8700M GT SLi Drivers or do you have 8800M GTX Sli? I am having the same problems that all of ya'll are having. I can not get my display drivers to run on windows 7 64 bit version. Any help on how to fix it besides the ricoh b/c I installed that. I installed both chipsets listed here. Only thing on this list I did not grab was the Video drivers b/c I have an 8800M GTX.