finalfantasyfan's Posts

finalfantasyfan's Posts

The edit: solution about disabling the wake up timers is the solution to this problem, I know this cause I performed the solution back in Dec 09 and I haven't had any problem with it whatsoever.  M... See more...
The edit: solution about disabling the wake up timers is the solution to this problem, I know this cause I performed the solution back in Dec 09 and I haven't had any problem with it whatsoever.  My guess is that you did change the setting disabling the timers but only for a certain power plan that you are not using. when you access the control panel go to power options, there should be only one plan with the radio button highlighted, then to the right of that button you can CHANGE PLAN SETTINGS. Then choose Change Advance Power Settings.  then expand the sleep, then the allow wake timers, and disable the wake timers for both on battery and while plugged in.  I think the reason your having the problem still is because you are not using the power plan that you altered and instead using a power plan that comes standard with the computer. I suggest you Create a power plan so that it is not overwritten by other programs. If it still doesn't work, please reply.  A question, you might want to ask yourself is, what programs have you installed lately that changes the power settings? (i.e. dvd player programs, new video cards/software)
AwesomeD, I have tried the edit: solution of turning off the auto-timers. And it works for me :) hadn't have had a problem with hibernate or standby/sleep. I am content after trying that solution. It... See more...
AwesomeD, I have tried the edit: solution of turning off the auto-timers. And it works for me :) hadn't have had a problem with hibernate or standby/sleep. I am content after trying that solution. It works. :D
I believe Edit: solution is the solution to our problems, it is sensible, I disabled the auto-wake timer at 9:00 am today and I logged in at 3:30 and it hadn't turned back on at all. If I ever find t... See more...
I believe Edit: solution is the solution to our problems, it is sensible, I disabled the auto-wake timer at 9:00 am today and I logged in at 3:30 and it hadn't turned back on at all. If I ever find that it turns back on again while auto-wake up timers are disabled, I'll make another post saying so.
I'm having exact problem. I have password lock on my account so when it turns on, it asks me to sign in. I don't understand what the problem is. Please someone help us.