njoker's Posts

njoker's Posts

Will N5110 support UEFI boot mode and when?
Sorry! I got a bit angry over it. I still hope there is going to be a solution to this problem
well... I think they really don't care about anyway. They would probably recommend you buy a newer laptop so that they can squeeze more money out of you. Companies don't really care about their custo... See more...
well... I think they really don't care about anyway. They would probably recommend you buy a newer laptop so that they can squeeze more money out of you. Companies don't really care about their customers, and I understand why: it's all about the capitalism ideology and how this monetary anti-economic system works. If you research a bit you will find that things used to be more durable (they would last at least a decade) and of high quality. Now the views have shifted because everyone has to play the whole Monopoly reality show. That means you have to produce a lot of low quality goods to ensure a cyclical consumption behavior, for profit of course. Now, they would argue that R&D and worker pay takes a lot of money, but believe me, it takes a lot less than what they have. But I have yet to see companies that take their own products back for recycling and give you 25-50% of their price back to you. You will only see that in a rudimentary form and very rarely. Also, if they can't sell you their products at the price they establish, they will rather throw them away in the sea or rebrand them to try and sell them again by fooling the customers.How about giving them to the poor populations in different parts of the world for free(at this point they would like to discredit me in public as being a communist etc etc, because they'll ask:Now where's the profit in that?). Now, don't get me wrong. I don't blame them. We are to blame. For the fact that we sustain this malicious practice, for the fact that we let stupid politicians -who have no idea how to solve the issues- be bribed by lobbyists to bend law at the will of the big money guys. For the fact that we accept the fact that we have enough resources for everyone, yet we still put a price on them so only the "big players" get a share.ETC ETC. Now to Dell Support Representatives: I would like to thank you for nothing.
If anyone at Dell Support is kind enough, I would like them to check the driver for Inspiron N5110's ALPS Touchpad driver. I downloaded it, but it only unpacks a txt file that describes the driver. W... See more...
If anyone at Dell Support is kind enough, I would like them to check the driver for Inspiron N5110's ALPS Touchpad driver. I downloaded it, but it only unpacks a txt file that describes the driver. Where is the driver? Also, is it possible to have a touchpad driver that dosen't add 5 processes for just one device? It adds a lot of load at startup. ///ALSO PLEASE  LOOK UP  a post of mine that is still unanswered: Is there Uefi boot for N5110? Seems like it has uefi firmware with legacy bios emulation, which is kind of weird for a 800 dollar laptop. It takes 8 seconds for POST to finish.
I KNOW WHERE IT IS, BUT I ASKED FOR A WAY TO ACTIVATE UEFI BOOT. EVEN THOUGH THIS LAPTOP HAS AN i7 PROCESSOR AND  8 GB OF DDR3 RAM, IT HAS A RIDICULOUS LEGACY BIOS LAYER ON TOP OF A TIANO UEFI IMPLEM... See more...
I KNOW WHERE IT IS, BUT I ASKED FOR A WAY TO ACTIVATE UEFI BOOT. EVEN THOUGH THIS LAPTOP HAS AN i7 PROCESSOR AND  8 GB OF DDR3 RAM, IT HAS A RIDICULOUS LEGACY BIOS LAYER ON TOP OF A TIANO UEFI IMPLEMENTATION. MAYBE A BIOS UPDATE COULD ENABLE THE OPTION OF UEFI BOOT, MAYBE EVEN SECURE BOOT FOR USE WITH WINDOWS 8.IT SEEMS STRANGE FOR A NICE COMPANY LIKE DELL TO PROVIDE A LAPTOP WITH SUCH HARDWARE AND NO UEFI BOOT OPTION WHATSOEVER.DOSEN'T DELL SUPPORT WINDOWS 8 FOR A LAPTOP MODEL THAT IS 1 AND A HALF YEARS OLD? I AM PROBABLY TOO ANXIOUS TO MOVE FORWARD TO WINDOWS 8, BUT CAN I PLEASE BE TOLD WHEN IS DELL GOING TO PROVIDE THIS BASIC CAPABILITY? BIOS IS AN OUTDATED AND SLUGGISH FIRMWARE,AND WHILE UEFI IS NOT PERFECT,IT IS A LITTLE BETTER.IMAGINE DELL SELLING SUCH LAPTOPS WITH UEFI : IT WOULD MEAN FASTER BOOT, SOMETHING WORTH MENTIONING IN THE SPECIFICATIONS SO THAT PEOPLE WILL CHOOSE THESE LAPTOPS INSTEAD OF  <ADMIN NOTE: Profanity removed as per TOU> TOSHIBA OR MSI OR WHATEVER. ALSO, THE NEW ALPS TOUCHPAD DRIVER DOSEN'T SEEM TO HAVE WINDOWS 8 GESTURE SUPPORT, WHICH IS ANOTHER DOWNSIDE.I KNOW THIS IS NOT A HIGH END LAPTOP< BUT DON'T YOU THINK THAT IT NEEDS AT LEAST HALF THE ATTENTION THAT HIGH END SYSTEMS NEED?
Could anyone at Dell provide guidance as to their availability in the A11 version of the BIOS and maybe a how-to access and enable them? THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!
Hello! I am a Dell Inspiron N5110 owner from Romania and I need help making a DVD drive work.   The problem is simple: The dvd drive has the following hardware ID: HL-DST-DVRAM-GT32N A201, so I t... See more...
Hello! I am a Dell Inspiron N5110 owner from Romania and I need help making a DVD drive work.   The problem is simple: The dvd drive has the following hardware ID: HL-DST-DVRAM-GT32N A201, so I think it is an LG ODD with firmware version A201. It has no problem writing dvds, because I read multiple DVDs written with this drive with a different drive on a desktop PC.When I insert CDs, it recognizes them, but it doesn't seem to read them, as I can't open any of the files in the list that is shown in Windows Explorer.And one other thing,it keeps changing the spinning speed of the motor as if it went nuts.Now, if I insert a DVD in it , it doesn't even recognize it, and instead it is showing me that it is a blank even though it is a closed session disc. I performed the hardware self-tests in Dell Support Software for the dvd drve and it returned the following errors: -->OPU DRIVE TEST FAILED WITH CODE  WCD43-0SY I found out that OPU stands for 'optical pickup unit'.     Please help me solve this.It also says that I should update the firmware of the device,but I can't seem to find one in the DELL support page with driver downloads. If anyone can point me in the right direction to download that firmware update,maybe I can solve this problem.