DELL-Barton Ge's Posts

DELL-Barton Ge's Posts

All, I apologize for the frustration.    If you are in North America and have contacted support around the bluetooth issue, please send me a direct msg with either your case number, service request... See more...
All, I apologize for the frustration.    If you are in North America and have contacted support around the bluetooth issue, please send me a direct msg with either your case number, service request number or service tag.  We can then look into the cases from our side and see what's up and where we can help. thanks!
@gilbsgilbs Let me check with the team and get back to you. Stay tuned!
Hi @WiseIsle I apologize for the issues you're having with the sound card.  I ran this by Jon on our tech support team and this was his recommendation: “to try to see if this is a hardware issue you... See more...
Hi @WiseIsle I apologize for the issues you're having with the sound card.  I ran this by Jon on our tech support team and this was his recommendation: “to try to see if this is a hardware issue you can use a Canonical live 16.04 image. If the sound issue remains, please open a ticket to have the hardware replaced.  if the issue is resolved a re-install is needed: http://www.dell.com/support/article/bb/en/bbdhs1/how12105/how-to-perform-a-factory-reset-on-a-computer-with-the-dell-oem-ubuntu-1404-and-1604-linux-developer-edition-installed?lang=en if that option is not there, you will need to obtain your dell image and create a usb" HTH
Hi @pdavydov108 I just sent you a contact name and mobile number via private message.  Denis should be able to hook you up. Sorry about the wait. Barton
Hi @briggs_1978:  the mouse technology is much newer in the 9360 than what is supported in the 16.04 ubuntu build. Moving to the newer mouse driver will alleviate some of the annoyances with the tou... See more...
Hi @briggs_1978:  the mouse technology is much newer in the 9360 than what is supported in the 16.04 ubuntu build. Moving to the newer mouse driver will alleviate some of the annoyances with the touch pad in Linux. You can upgrade the driver using this dell guide - http://www.dell.com/support/article/hk/en/hkbsd1/sln308258/precision-xps-ubuntu-general-touchpad-mouse-issue-fix?lang=en   HTH
Hi @ pdavydov108 Let me look into this and get back to you. Stay tuned!  
Hi @oerthling and @zxzkzkz  Given the behavior you're describing, it makes the most sense for you to use the link below and submit the behavior your describing. This way support can address your iss... See more...
Hi @oerthling and @zxzkzkz  Given the behavior you're describing, it makes the most sense for you to use the link below and submit the behavior your describing. This way support can address your issue and track it in the system. The following dynamic link takes you to our contact list and it should adjust based on support available in your region.  If it does not, you can select your region in the bottom right corner to update it. http://www.dell.com/support/incidents-online/us/en/04/contactus/Dynamic Thanks!
Hi @bubo12 et al, the best thing to do is to call support and report the behavior you're seeing.  By submitting it via support it will be officially tracked. thanks
Hi Fabian,   Im sorry to hear about your bluetooth issues?  The best course of action is for you to use the link below to submit your issues.  By doing so, support can address your issue and track... See more...
Hi Fabian,   Im sorry to hear about your bluetooth issues?  The best course of action is for you to use the link below to submit your issues.  By doing so, support can address your issue and track it in the system. The following dynamic link takes you to our contact list and it should adjust based on support available in your region.  If it does not, you can select your region in the bottom right corner to update it. http://www.dell.com/support/incidents-online/us/en/04/contactus/Dynamic thanks, Barton
Hi @lagoon7  I apologize for your experience and forwarded it on last week (I thought i had responded to you).  I will see where we are at today in our tech meeting. thanks
No promises, but it should be pretty straight forward :)
It should be fixed.  Thanks
Yep, it will be available in Spain as well
Hi Jari, It looks like it took you to an old system, not the current one (it says it comes with 14.04). As I mentioned in my other response, look for the 9370 to be available after the first of t... See more...
Hi Jari, It looks like it took you to an old system, not the current one (it says it comes with 14.04). As I mentioned in my other response, look for the 9370 to be available after the first of the year. thanks!
Hi Jarl, Thats a sneak peek.  The system will be available after the first of the year Thinking of trading in the 9350 for a 9370? :) Thanks for the support!
Hi @Jetech, ive given Justin on our side a heads up and he'll be reaching out.  He is much more capable in this arena than I :)
In the new year.  I hope you're MBP lasts until then, we would love to have you as an XPS 13 developer edition user :)
We have something bigger and better coming :)
We have something bigger and better coming :-)
thanks for flagging this.  let me check with our team in Canada and get back to you.  stay tuned!