Muibadorei's Posts

Muibadorei's Posts

I took some time for testing today, and it turns out that the card is working fine on another, older computer with a weaker PSU. My Inspiron 580 still won't boot with the GTX 480. The computer won't ... See more...
I took some time for testing today, and it turns out that the card is working fine on another, older computer with a weaker PSU. My Inspiron 580 still won't boot with the GTX 480. The computer won't boot with just the onboard video either. With the GT 220 however, it works. I'm confused. Could it be a BIOS issue, or a problem with the motherboard, or something else entirely?
Yes, I did make sure I connected the supplementary power connectors to the PSU. I'm pretty bad with computers, but not that much, lol. I'l just have to see if the card itself works on my other mach... See more...
Yes, I did make sure I connected the supplementary power connectors to the PSU. I'm pretty bad with computers, but not that much, lol. I'l just have to see if the card itself works on my other machine, I should be able to do that soon, hopefully.
I know, I just don't have easy access to those newer cards like the GTX 660 where I am, and international shipping isn't available. I was able to find that 480 for a reasonable price though, so I bou... See more...
I know, I just don't have easy access to those newer cards like the GTX 660 where I am, and international shipping isn't available. I was able to find that 480 for a reasonable price though, so I bought it. I will try putting the GTX 480 on my other computer and I'll see if it works. I really don't know what could be wrong if the card itself is working.
I have  a Inspiron 580 desktop i5 @ 2.67GHz with a Corsair 650w PSU (http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Enthusiast-Certified-Compatible-platforms/dp/B004LB5AZY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1349061482&sr=8-1&key... See more...
I have  a Inspiron 580 desktop i5 @ 2.67GHz with a Corsair 650w PSU (http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Enthusiast-Certified-Compatible-platforms/dp/B004LB5AZY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1349061482&sr=8-1&keywords=corsair+650tx), and when I tried upgrading the old video card (a GT 220) to a GTX 480, it won't start, and I get 6 short beeps. When I put the old card back, it works fine (in fact, it isn't working without the old card). Does anyone know what the problem could be? Is there any incompatibility that I'm not aware of? Thanks.