Computer-Geek's Posts

Computer-Geek's Posts

was working on a Dell Laptop: it has no drivers and no internet I just loaded Windows 7 on it this was a Dell XPS 14 Z. S/T # 9XNN5R1 My question is I was going to down load the drivers... See more...
 was working on a Dell Laptop: it has no drivers and no internet I just loaded Windows 7 on it this was a Dell XPS 14 Z. S/T # 9XNN5R1 My question is I was going to down load the drivers from another PC, on to a DVD / CD. However when I went to the Dell Web site, I was not able to locate the drivers to down load. and Ive checked several times, looking for drivers under Dell Down loadsn and I was just going around in circles from the dell down loads, back to picking the model number, (XPS-14Z) and then back to the same thing.. Here is the actual link I was on: http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Products/?app=drivers and under Drivers and Down loads, All I was able to find was: Dell SupportAssist for PC's Automated, proactive and predictive support. I down loaded the Automated, proactive and predictive support. but not sure if that will help install the drivers. Other than that, I searched for the Drivers on the support website. but didnt find any... Do you actually have to install the drivers directly from the web site to the actual computer? Does anyone know what am I may be doing wrong here ?
No Dell Resource ( Drivers ) CD ... now what??  emoticon.Angry.title Just an observation, on trying to re-formatted the O/S. but none of the network adapter's were working,: the suggestions ... See more...
No Dell Resource ( Drivers ) CD ... now what??  emoticon.Angry.title Just an observation, on trying to re-formatted the O/S. but none of the network adapter's were working,: the suggestions here sound great. I was working on a Dell XPS laptop, i-5 Processor, WIN 7. I re-formatted the O/S. but none of the network adapter's were working, only one USB port worked, and the Keyboard didn't work.   Maybe I should order a Pizza, next time?  emoticon.Pizza.title I will try downloading the Drivers, or adapters from the emoticon.Angry.title dell download/drivers webpage, to a CD / Flash drive, as was suggested.
Just an observation: the suggestions here sound great.  I was working on a Dell XPS laptop, i-5 Processor, WIN 7. I re-formatted the O/S.  but none of the network adapter's were working, only one... See more...
Just an observation: the suggestions here sound great.  I was working on a Dell XPS laptop, i-5 Processor, WIN 7. I re-formatted the O/S.  but none of the network adapter's were working, only one USB port worked, and the Keyboard didn't work. I will try downloading the Drivers, or adapters from the dell download/drivers webpage, to a CD / Flash drive, as was suggested.
downloading Firefox, Chrome, or IE to a thumb drive, then copying the .exe file over to that system would be, by far, the easiest.  - quote: Thanks for your reply, I'll give that a try. Window... See more...
downloading Firefox, Chrome, or IE to a thumb drive, then copying the .exe file over to that system would be, by far, the easiest.  - quote: Thanks for your reply, I'll give that a try. Windows 7 btw, this was on a Compaq Laptop, I know this is a Dell Community, and I'm a terrible man.  
internet explorer program missing on laptop.   I had some problems with internet exoplorer at one point in time. after putting up the computer, and then trying to use IE again, now IE is miss... See more...
internet explorer program missing on laptop.   I had some problems with internet exoplorer at one point in time. after putting up the computer, and then trying to use IE again, now IE is missing altogether, its not in the start menu.  Its not found in Control panel, in windows features in control panel.  and I m not sure how to down load it since I dont have any browser at this point.  ( no firefox, or google chrome.)   further, I went into windows features in control panel. and clicked on windows features, and I was expecting to see IE 8 or IE 10 was turned off, but it wasnt even in the list. what can I do?  dowen load it to a thum drive?    
BTW:  My intent is to just make a Bootable USB Flash Drive.    will that be all I need if my PC /laptop is not booting up? Whats the differance between the  "  Factory Backup (Bootable USB Flash ... See more...
BTW:  My intent is to just make a Bootable USB Flash Drive.    will that be all I need if my PC /laptop is not booting up? Whats the differance between the  "  Factory Backup (Bootable USB Flash Drive) " , and the " Rescue Disk " ?  I presume I may need both?  
Thanks for the informative Video on using a USB for making a System Recovery USB. Now all I have to do is follow these steps. S.T.
how do I get a copy of the Windows disk? Likewise, is there a way to copy it from the computer to a CD/DVD?  What if the  hard drive ever crashes? I have a Dell Refurbished Lattitude E6410 ... See more...
how do I get a copy of the Windows disk? Likewise, is there a way to copy it from the computer to a CD/DVD?  What if the  hard drive ever crashes? I have a Dell Refurbished Lattitude E6410 with Windows 7. that I purchased from Staples.  I think theres a way to make a recovery disk, and should be a way to make a O/S Back up disk. My Dell 2003 Desk top shipped with the OS, and drivers Disk.. but not my two last laptop computers.
Im not sure about personal computer but companiy PC's, you can also click on the start button,right click on the computer, and select properties, and obtain the Service tag as its the last 7 ... See more...
Im not sure about personal computer but companiy PC's, you can also click on the start button,right click on the computer, and select properties, and obtain the Service tag as its the last 7 charactors in the computer name.
Refurbished Laptop - lattitude E6410.    The battery light contrantly flashes on the Battery five or Six solid blue lights - Then three flashing lights. In addition, the Light on the Computer (  ... See more...
Refurbished Laptop - lattitude E6410.    The battery light contrantly flashes on the Battery five or Six solid blue lights - Then three flashing lights. In addition, the Light on the Computer (   ) and the  desk top icon for the power adaptor cord /battery says " Plugged in - Not charging". I ran the Dell Diagnostics (Fn key at bootup) but it found no problems. is the battery dead? 
Sir, the Dell Lattitudes are first class laptops, in my experiene and opinion, and you have made a good choice in compuers. As with nearly all functions on just about any computer, that I know of... See more...
Sir, the Dell Lattitudes are first class laptops, in my experiene and opinion, and you have made a good choice in compuers. As with nearly all functions on just about any computer, that I know of, every thing requires the computer to be powered up, and electricity supplyed to the computer.  So, yes the computer will have to be powered up, then you swipe your finger print. Shunt -Trip
Referbished Dell Lattitude E6410 -i5 Processor - Wanting to Update the BIOS. I currenly have the BIOS, but there are a few BIOS updates, (  BIOS  A13, A16  ) . but after trying two time to update... See more...
Referbished Dell Lattitude E6410 -i5 Processor - Wanting to Update the BIOS. I currenly have the BIOS, but there are a few BIOS updates, (  BIOS  A13, A16  ) . but after trying two time to update the BIOS it didnt seem to update. What should I do?  
"  I would suggest you to flashing the BIOS on the system"  was sugessed, However, I was'nt able to update the BIOS. any suggestions on what to try to Update the BIOS, or why that wouldn't update? ... See more...
"  I would suggest you to flashing the BIOS on the system"  was sugessed, However, I was'nt able to update the BIOS. any suggestions on what to try to Update the BIOS, or why that wouldn't update?  Or should I just go ahead and purchase a new adaptor.  THe adaptor that came with the Computer looked like a non-dell Clone.
Hello Dell - Ravi, I tryed to update the BIOS on two seperate occations, the system had the BIOS version A6, and I tryed to update it to A16, ( which was appearenly the latest BIOS ) but got a me... See more...
Hello Dell - Ravi, I tryed to update the BIOS on two seperate occations, the system had the BIOS version A6, and I tryed to update it to A16, ( which was appearenly the latest BIOS ) but got a message that said that " I couldn't"  so then I tryed to update it to A10, that failed too. I tryed to update the driver for the "Chipset"  that appearenly failed too. I checked the BIOS Settings as you suggested, and checked the power adaptor, and really only saw two settings " Defualt, and soem other setting" which I dont recall now. How Else can I fix this issue?  I did see that the power charging light was staying on more often, and it said the battery was charged up to 43% at one point.      
Thanks, I'll try that solution. Spencer
Referbished batt/ power adaptor cord /battery not charging all the time.  little batt light stays on a couple minutes, then goes off.  Now it seemd to stay on.. no, wait.. it went off. At one point... See more...
Referbished batt/ power adaptor cord /battery not charging all the time.  little batt light stays on a couple minutes, then goes off.  Now it seemd to stay on.. no, wait.. it went off. At one point the Power Icon read: "49 min. left on batt. charge. battery not charging." but the power adaptor was plugged in. This is on a new (referbirshed ) computer. I call Fred, F.R. E.D (Freaking Rebuilt Electronic Device) Computer Shut down by it self. Dell Referbished E6410 laptop. (2010 model) Intel Core i-5 CPU. 4.00 GB Ram. 64 Bit O/S. Windows 7
No, I did replace the Drive with a new 300GB Hard drive.  
Dell Deminsion 2400 - Win XP,  Desk top, with original Mouse, and Keyboard, I replaced the HDD a few month ago, and updated Windows just prior to the Experation of the Windows XP support by MS. T... See more...
Dell Deminsion 2400 - Win XP,  Desk top, with original Mouse, and Keyboard, I replaced the HDD a few month ago, and updated Windows just prior to the Experation of the Windows XP support by MS. The PC was Not Booting up and this was an Intermentent Problem.  ( some times it will get into Windows). Often the Boot up will only goto a message: Boot drive not found - press F1 to start normally, or F2 to enter Set up. this is an old P-4 computer with Windows XP.. I havent realy tryed any thing, but will try some steps when I get back to the computer.  
So , as I was saying (posting) I reseated all the connections, and blew off the dust around the back of the PC. and it booted up in to Windows XP just find.   Thanks for your help.
Hello, Good news, I worked on the computer last night.  and checked the items you mentioned in your last message. - I got the same error , and went in to BIOS' and was able to set it to the PRI D... See more...
Hello, Good news, I worked on the computer last night.  and checked the items you mentioned in your last message. - I got the same error , and went in to BIOS' and was able to set it to the PRI Drive as the start up Drive. - after re-boot I got a error:  " Keyboard not detected, so I shut down, removed all the connetions on back of the computer, and blew off the dust.