randyc411's Posts

randyc411's Posts

What is licensed for"that Computer", be part specific,ie MB/Ram/ or what. What parts do I have to swap before my comp bebomes it? There has to be something it's looking for but what. All parts are in... See more...
What is licensed for"that Computer", be part specific,ie MB/Ram/ or what. What parts do I have to swap before my comp bebomes it? There has to be something it's looking for but what. All parts are interchangeable, just having the drivers and knowing what and where to change.   Thanks
 I just purchased a Ins 580 with WIN 7. I took the hard drive out and tried to use it in my custom game machine and it will not boot up. I tried the repair but it still won't boot. Long story as to w... See more...
 I just purchased a Ins 580 with WIN 7. I took the hard drive out and tried to use it in my custom game machine and it will not boot up. I tried the repair but it still won't boot. Long story as to why but both legal copies of Win XP and 7. So what do I have to change to get rid of the Dell hardware preferences that it is looking for? I have it booted up as a slave in this machine now. I can look at everything but it won't boot. I know I can clear the HD but Dell doesn't send a copy of WIN 7 to reinstall on the new machine. I thought it would be easier to change what it was looking for than get my copy from them, lol
 I formatted the hard drive and installed XP instead of vista that came on it. I went to the drivers page and installed the Network drivers but the first one 114200, I think was the #, wouldn't insta... See more...
 I formatted the hard drive and installed XP instead of vista that came on it. I went to the drivers page and installed the Network drivers but the first one 114200, I think was the #, wouldn't install. It said it was the wrong hardware and Aborted the install. It shows problems with ethernet controller and no drivers for it. It also comes up like 9 times in a row. Any help would be appreciated,   Randy