srkiNZ84's Posts

srkiNZ84's Posts

Yes, the link is for the firmware for a 600GB drive. These are the drives which we have put into the MD1000, but are regarded as "Uncertified" by the MD1000. The firmware I've linked to previously is... See more...
Yes, the link is for the firmware for a 600GB drive. These are the drives which we have put into the MD1000, but are regarded as "Uncertified" by the MD1000. The firmware I've linked to previously is supposed to be applied to the MD1000 allow it to recognise and make use of the drives, by going to the "Modular Disk Storage Manager" -> "Support" -> "Download Firmware" -> "Download Physical Disk Firmware". I've tried installing the software which you've linked to (even though the MD1000 is running the A04 firmware already) and got the same error during the install again, namely: This Update Package is not compatible with your system configuration. So, it seems that neither of these executables is compatible with Windows Server 2008 R2.
Hi, I'm trying to apply a firmware upgrade to a MD1000 enclosure for it to be able to recognise some Seagate drives (model #ST3600057SS). The upgrade can be found here. My problem is that the firmw... See more...
Hi, I'm trying to apply a firmware upgrade to a MD1000 enclosure for it to be able to recognise some Seagate drives (model #ST3600057SS). The upgrade can be found here. My problem is that the firmware update is only available as an .exe file (as opposed to a .df which you can load through Modular Disk Storage Manager.) and when I run it on Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, it refuses to install, giving the following error: << PACKAGE LOG >>Running validation... No custom validation configuration file found (CVConfig.xml) <SVMValidation lang="en" ><System systemID="0235" ></System><OperatingSystem osVendor="Microsoft"  osArch="x64"  majorVersion="6"  minorVersion="1"  spMajorVersion="1"  spMinorVersion="0" ></OperatingSystem><Validation type="qualification"  result="false" ><Message>This Update Package is not compatible with your system configuration.</Message></Validation></SVMValidation> << PACKAGE LOG >>This Update Package is not compatible with your system configuration. << PACKAGE LOG >>==============================> Update Result <========================== Update was not applied How can I apply this update? If the executable is compatible with Windows Server 2008, I was thinking of just creating a custom "CVConfig.xml" file to just workaround the validation checks. Has anyone run into this problem before? If so, how did you solve it? Thanks
Ok, we figured out the problem. It turned out that the iDRAC wasn't responsive, probably due to having a misconfigured NIC. We managed to log onto the OpenManage software running on the machine and r... See more...
Ok, we figured out the problem. It turned out that the iDRAC wasn't responsive, probably due to having a misconfigured NIC. We managed to log onto the OpenManage software running on the machine and re-configure the interface (first setting the NIC Selection to 'Shared') and then we were able to issue the 'racreset' command using the 'racadm' command. Here's a break down of the steps taken: 1. Run Dell OpenManage on Server with down iDRAC (In my case v6.2.0) 2. Go to Main System Chassis -> Remote access -> Configuration -> LAN there change NIC selection (to share, or other). Don't forget to put it back when the iDRAC comes back up. 3. find racadm util (usually on OpenManage server \Program Files (x86)\Dell\SysMgt\idrac) and run command from command line: >>racadm -r IP_iDRAC -i racreset              (or racresetcfg - reset to factory settings) enter user enter password It's done
I'm not interested in getting the communication with the iDRAC over the network working. I know that just rebooting the server will get this running again. What I'm trying to accomplish is to get ... See more...
I'm not interested in getting the communication with the iDRAC over the network working. I know that just rebooting the server will get this running again. What I'm trying to accomplish is to get the software on the managed machine (the physical machine with the DRAC card in it) to talk to the iDRAC over the PCI interface (or whatever non-network method it uses to communicate with the DRAC). This hasn't worked from the beginning, and I know that it should work, due to the "racadm.exe" binary on the Windows hosts we run being able to send the iDRAC the "reset" command, even though the iDRAC's were dead to the network, meaning they sent the command using the internal (I'm assuming it's PCI) interface.    
@JEFFLM My problem isn't so much getting the iDRAC interface back up, but rather trying to get the racadm command on the managed server working. We have not been able to get it to work as of yet.... See more...
@JEFFLM My problem isn't so much getting the iDRAC interface back up, but rather trying to get the racadm command on the managed server working. We have not been able to get it to work as of yet. The iDRAC was working fine (through the web interface, we couldn't get it working from the command line), then we had some network upgrades and the iDRAC on all of our servers stopped working. On the Windows boxes, we could run the "racadm reset" command from the command from the command line. But from the Linux (XenServer) box, the 'racadm' command doesn't work unless you're using it as a remote command i.e. you add the host name/ip address.
Hi, We have a Dell R710 Server, with Dell XenServer OEM version installed. Recently, after doing some networking work, the iDRAC stopped responding on the IP address assigned to it. From experience... See more...
Hi, We have a Dell R710 Server, with Dell XenServer OEM version installed. Recently, after doing some networking work, the iDRAC stopped responding on the IP address assigned to it. From experience, this required running the 'racadm racreset' command. However after running the '/opt/dell/srvadmin/rac5/bin/racadm' command, I get the following output:   # ./racadm racreset ERROR: RACADM is unable to process the requested subcommand because there is no local RAC configuration to communicate with. Local RACADM subcommand execution requires the following:  1. A Remote Access Controller (RAC) must be present on the managed server  2. Appropriate managed node software must be installed and running on the     server   I know that a "Remote Access Controller" is present on the managed server, so the problem must be that the managed node software is not installed/running.   How do I go about installing and running this software?   Thank you
Hi, I'm working on a PowerEdge R710 and am using an iDRAC6 to administer it. My problem is that the time on the iDRAC is not set to the same time as the PowerEdge server. I've googled around and fr... See more...
Hi, I'm working on a PowerEdge R710 and am using an iDRAC6 to administer it. My problem is that the time on the iDRAC is not set to the same time as the PowerEdge server. I've googled around and from what I can see you're meant to use the 'racadm' utility with an option of 'setractime' or for the later versions, something along the lines of 'racadm config -g [option group] -o [option] -v [value]'. However, when I try to do this, the racadm program supplied does not recognise the 'setractime' and going through the configuration options I can't find anything which sets the time on the board. Has anyone had this problem before? How do you change the time using the Linux racadm program? Thank you