Yodasmaster's Posts

Yodasmaster's Posts

Hey guys,  In the last month or so I have been experiencing a weird problem. On start up I have no internet access half the time and I will have to do a restart to get it to work. Some times i... See more...
Hey guys,  In the last month or so I have been experiencing a weird problem. On start up I have no internet access half the time and I will have to do a restart to get it to work. Some times i have to restart 2 or 3 times before it will connect. When the internet is not working things like iTunes wil hang and not launch. Any advice? 
This post is merely for amusement.   Important note: today's date is 11th March 2011 Every time I check the status of my order on Dell's site it has always said "In pre-assembly stage" so... See more...
This post is merely for amusement.   Important note: today's date is 11th March 2011 Every time I check the status of my order on Dell's site it has always said "In pre-assembly stage" so I have been doing daily checks hoping to see it advance to the production stage. Today, to my absolute surprise, it says my order was shipped yesterday and gave me a UPS tracking number. As it also states that the estimated delivery date is the 11th March I instantly checked the UPS site for confirmation because if they are coming today I need to make sure someone is at home to receive the delivery.   Well here's where it gets amusing because this is exactly what it says: "A label for this shipment has been created, but UPS does not yet have possession of this shipment. Once we receive the shipment, the tracking status will be updated.    Label Created On: 15/03/2011"   You have to hand it to them, they ARE a very forward thinking company!     I had a package last week with UPS saying that it was checked in on 10/5/08  
Hi all,   I attempted to update the bios on my desktop (alienware area 51 alx) from a08 - a10 and during the update the pc blue-screened.   Upon reboot, it's now just in a constant restart... See more...
Hi all,   I attempted to update the bios on my desktop (alienware area 51 alx) from a08 - a10 and during the update the pc blue-screened.   Upon reboot, it's now just in a constant restart loop i.e boots up for 20 seconds or so then restarts again over and over.  It doesn't get to do any post checks at all.       I have tried both methods that i know of for resetting cmos settings..   1. Removing the cmos battery for 15 minutes or so while the pc is disconnected from power.   2. Putting the cmos jumper on pins 2 and 3 for 5 seconds, then placing it back on pins 1 and 2 again while disconnected from power.   Both methods were unsuccessful.       If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate them greatly as I'm at my wits end at this point.       Thanks.             I believe you have to call Alienware or contact Chris M and schedule to have your motherboard replaced.  
Unless you can fix it yourself I would not trust any of the dell sub contracted repair men. Ive had two guys and both of them did not know anything. Thank god I am a auto technician and am... See more...
Unless you can fix it yourself I would not trust any of the dell sub contracted repair men. Ive had two guys and both of them did not know anything. Thank god I am a auto technician and am good with tools. But yes the noise was fixed after the 2nd time replacing the part. The first time they sent out the front audio I/O board they sent me the wrong one (the same one, same problem) not until this recent time was it the right one.   How did you know that they sent you the same one? The Tech left today after replacing mine and I still have the same problem. Both parts looked identical. How does the new one differ from the old? Did you wire your differently then the old one?
eddy77,   You might need to mention this to Technical Support - Since the PC is still under warranty, Dell must replace the motherboard since the Bios update file was validated and post... See more...
eddy77,   You might need to mention this to Technical Support - Since the PC is still under warranty, Dell must replace the motherboard since the Bios update file was validated and posted on our File Library.   Chris, would you suggest if we are out of warranty to never update the Bios?  
Mine was routed completely wrong! In fact the PCI fan was in backwards jammed into the housing. I had to fix it by bending the metal back in place with some pliers! . Not to mention I suff... See more...
Mine was routed completely wrong! In fact the PCI fan was in backwards jammed into the housing. I had to fix it by bending the metal back in place with some pliers! . Not to mention I suffered from the Front Audio jack static noise. I had the guy come out from Dell support (granted he is sub contracted) and he did not know what the hell he was doing! SO I did the work for him and he probably got paid for it! NOt to mention he broke my front Bezel which I had to replace... which he probably got paid for it when I did the work.   I should have went Ibuypower.   Is your front audio jack noise fixed now? I have yet to schedule an appointment as last I heard systems were still experiencing problems after the fix. It did not seem worth the hassle as the last guy to fix something on this computer spent 2 hours just trying to get inside the machine.
Too bad that now i'm going to be too scared to update my bios in fear that i'll fry my system and not be able to get it replaced.
They wanted $300 to renew it for 1 year. Does that make any sense? It was originally less than $300 for 3 years when i first bought it. I was expecting $200 for an additional 2 years.
I've been meaning to call and extend my warrenty but I just noticed it said it expired the 15th of last month under my service tag on Dells site. There was something wrong with my original Aurora... See more...
I've been meaning to call and extend my warrenty but I just noticed it said it expired the 15th of last month under my service tag on Dells site. There was something wrong with my original Aurora and I did not recieve this one until February 16. I was under the impression since I did a system exchange my warrenty should be expiring in February. Anyone have any idea?
Is the audio static at least fixed after the switch? I have still yet to get mine done as I heard people were getting it replaced with the same part and it would take a while for the new ones to ... See more...
Is the audio static at least fixed after the switch? I have still yet to get mine done as I heard people were getting it replaced with the same part and it would take a while for the new ones to get into circulation.
You can restore your Sytem back to how it was when you first recieved it. I have done it, though I cannot recall off the top of my head what F control to press. I want to say it was F8.
Hye Chris, I did as you suggested and it just happened again. It was actually durring the Bios, not after. Once it restarted the fans were blazing at full speed and the lights on the sides pan... See more...
Hye Chris, I did as you suggested and it just happened again. It was actually durring the Bios, not after. Once it restarted the fans were blazing at full speed and the lights on the sides panels would not come on. I turned off the computer, unpluged the power and held down the power button for 30 seconds. Once I turned the computer back on it started up, the fans were calm but the side panels were still off. After another reset everything seems to be back to normal. Is some hardware part giving out? For the first three months I had no issues, this seemed to come out of nowhere.
I have noticed that occasionally my aurora will turn off and restart after the bios screen. Why is this happening? I'm running A09 bios, this also happened with A08.
I have the i7 960 running at 3.2, do you think I need the bigger power supply? How do I get them to upgrade it?
I saw this thread had been bumped and got my hopes up
Thanks Chris, I just have the regular Aurora. I did what you said and will let you know if either of the problems happen again. If it is any help, I can tell when the fan will be roaring out of s... See more...
Thanks Chris, I just have the regular Aurora. I did what you said and will let you know if either of the problems happen again. If it is any help, I can tell when the fan will be roaring out of sleep as the front alienhead light will not be the normal sleep strobing color, it will be stuck on which ever color I had it on before I put it in sleep. Also when ever I unplug the power cable, the next time I turn the PC on both side panels will be off. After a reset they come back on.
No one knows. I've had the same problem since I first got it and recently the lights would stop working on startup and the fans have been roaring at full blast.
So, after being away for 5 days I come home, turn my computer on and notice the side panel lights are out, the fan wont stop roaring, and after going into the command center the sensors are readi... See more...
So, after being away for 5 days I come home, turn my computer on and notice the side panel lights are out, the fan wont stop roaring, and after going into the command center the sensors are reading 0. I had problems out of nowhere last week with the fans hitting 50% out of sleep. I'm guessing this has to do with the same issue. What is going on here, is the hardware going bad? All I use this computer for is running a 3d animation program. I have not made any tweaks or anything asside from the Windows updates. Why would these problems come out of nowhere?
Just happened again...
Last night I woke my Aurora out of sleep and the fan was roaring at over 50%. Eventually I shut it down, and unplugged the power cable for 30 seconds and it fixed the problem. Is this a hardware ... See more...
Last night I woke my Aurora out of sleep and the fan was roaring at over 50%. Eventually I shut it down, and unplugged the power cable for 30 seconds and it fixed the problem. Is this a hardware issue or a problem with the Alienware command center?