Yodasmaster's Posts

Yodasmaster's Posts

What is te big deal with the slow bios boot? I turn my computer on once a day, 2 minutes is not going to kill me.
Got the same problem.  Just received a brand new Alienware Aurora a week ago with Windows 7 Pro x64.  When headphones are plugged into the front jack (top), there's lots of static and nois... See more...
Got the same problem.  Just received a brand new Alienware Aurora a week ago with Windows 7 Pro x64.  When headphones are plugged into the front jack (top), there's lots of static and noise.  When I change the FlexiJack (blue plug) in the back on the Creative X-fi Sound Card to Microphone instead of its defaul Line-in, and plug my headphones and mic into those ports, I have no static or noise.    I don't use external speakers much anyway, so I'm fine with them plugged into the back.  But it is an annoying bug that does need to be fixed...take note Alienware and Dell. Chris M from Dell posted the following in another thread about this issue. Issue = The Analog ground was routed to mounting hole 3. The other two mounting holes are routed to Digital or chassis ground. When the board is mounted in the chassis, it ties the Digital chassis ground with the Analog ground creating a ground loop allowing switching noise from the +12VA rail to get onto the Analog ground. Solution = Contact Technical Support for your region. This job is too difficult to do on your own. They need to setup an onsite service to replace the Front I/O Assembly. Give the representative one of the following part numbers: VG7K1 Aurora R1 & R2 Front I/O Assembly 543DN Aurora R1 & R2 ALX Front I/O Assembly
Good to know Chris, thanks!
Bachjess,   No fix as of yet. Chris, someone on another message board posted this as a possible fix. Can you run this by the engineers and if it works send out the techs to fix t... See more...
Bachjess,   No fix as of yet. Chris, someone on another message board posted this as a possible fix. Can you run this by the engineers and if it works send out the techs to fix the problem? "remove the mounting screw, replace the one in hole #3 with a nylon screw, put insulating washers between the front board and the chassis front...VOILA Ground loop eliminated"
No fix as of yet. I was given this -   It's a design error in the front panel Power I/O board. The audio analog ground was routed to Mounting Hole 3. The other two mounting holes are route... See more...
No fix as of yet. I was given this -   It's a design error in the front panel Power I/O board. The audio analog ground was routed to Mounting Hole 3. The other two mounting holes are routed to digital or chassis ground. When the board is mounted in the chassis it ties the Digital chassis ground with the Audio Analog ground creating a ground loop allowing switching noise from the +12VA rail to get onto the analog ground. Good to know that Dell is now aware of the problem. Does this mean a fix is in the works?  
This is not a problem with soundblaster. This is a problem on all Auroras regardless whether they have a sound card or use the onboard audio. I had my system replaced because of this issue and th... See more...
This is not a problem with soundblaster. This is a problem on all Auroras regardless whether they have a sound card or use the onboard audio. I had my system replaced because of this issue and the replacement system had the same static in the front audio ports. Some have suggested that it is due to the motherboard being improperly grounded.  It seems this is not an issue that enough people are bothered by for Dell to look into. Also, a lot of us have had Dell come out and rewire/replace the front audio ports and this does not fix the problem. One person had the the tech just plug the wiring in while leaving the unit that contained the front ports outside of the case away from any internal parts and this did not fix the static.
Yup, I did it on mine just last week. I had uninstalled Dell Datasafe but wanted to wipe my system back to how it was when I first recieved it from Dell. Went into bios and then to system restore... See more...
Yup, I did it on mine just last week. I had uninstalled Dell Datasafe but wanted to wipe my system back to how it was when I first recieved it from Dell. Went into bios and then to system restore and the Dell Datasafe option was still there. It formatted my harddrive and re-installed all the original programs no problem.
Yup, this is normal. Mine doesnt do it quite that often though. Probably once every hour or so. I've found it also depends on what color you have it on. My red would flicker to blue, but I have i... See more...
Yup, this is normal. Mine doesnt do it quite that often though. Probably once every hour or so. I've found it also depends on what color you have it on. My red would flicker to blue, but I have it on sort of a neon green/yellow and i havnt seen it happen in a few days.
Thanks for your help guys. I called Alienware that night and they were able to help me. I beleive it was f8 or f10. Then go to system restore, fill out the language and keyboard option, then go a... See more...
Thanks for your help guys. I called Alienware that night and they were able to help me. I beleive it was f8 or f10. Then go to system restore, fill out the language and keyboard option, then go all the way to the bottom and pick Dell Data safe. Theres a ghost image in there of how your computer was when you first bought it.
I just did a factory restore on my Aurora and it is indeed F8. Keep tapping f8 and then hit system restore/repair cant remember what it says. It should be the first one on the list. You'll then b... See more...
I just did a factory restore on my Aurora and it is indeed F8. Keep tapping f8 and then hit system restore/repair cant remember what it says. It should be the first one on the list. You'll then be taken to a keyboard/Language page. After that click the bottom option which should be Dell Data safe. Worked like a charm for me.
I have an Alienware Aurora and would like to get my system back to how it was when I first recieved it. From my understanding using the Recovery Partition is the best way to do this. How do I go ... See more...
I have an Alienware Aurora and would like to get my system back to how it was when I first recieved it. From my understanding using the Recovery Partition is the best way to do this. How do I go about doing this and will all my drivers be installed for the lights etc.?
I also had the problem with Blu Ray playback and Dell Data Safe on my replacement system. On my original system I was able to disable it from start-up by using msconfig, but on this system I was ... See more...
I also had the problem with Blu Ray playback and Dell Data Safe on my replacement system. On my original system I was able to disable it from start-up by using msconfig, but on this system I was un-able to do that. I ended up just un-installing it. Also, why not just use the system restore that is built into Windows 7?
If I wake my computer and immidiatly try and click on an icon on the desktop the whole wallpaper and icons will turn black with only the task bar visable. After about 30 seconds or so the wallpap... See more...
If I wake my computer and immidiatly try and click on an icon on the desktop the whole wallpaper and icons will turn black with only the task bar visable. After about 30 seconds or so the wallpaper and icons are restored. Is this just what happens when you try and click something when first coming out of sleep?
I bought and installed a lg bd in my aurora and it also suffered from stuttering. I tried many different things(including various softwares). Someone reccomended uninstalling the dell data... See more...
I bought and installed a lg bd in my aurora and it also suffered from stuttering. I tried many different things(including various softwares). Someone reccomended uninstalling the dell data safe back up program. It worked. All movies in powere dvd 8 are stutter free. Incredible, it worked!! Thank you so much!  
I seem to be having problems with my LG Blu ray drive skipping. It worked fine until I got my replacement system. Now on this sytem it seems to be a coin flip as to whether or not the disc will s... See more...
I seem to be having problems with my LG Blu ray drive skipping. It worked fine until I got my replacement system. Now on this sytem it seems to be a coin flip as to whether or not the disc will skip at all. One time it will play fine, the next the same disc will have horrible stuttering. The drive seems to go thru a thrashing when it starts stuttering too. I have over 100 movies and this seems to be the case on all of them, though some are worse then others. I've read to update my motherboard firmware. No clue where to go to do this though. Any suggestions? Is this driver related, software related, or perhaps the drive?
Hi all,   I'm now thoroughly confused because even though my order says shipped, my FedEx status says my desktop hasn't even been picked up by FedEx yet. Furthermore, when I called FedEx I... See more...
Hi all,   I'm now thoroughly confused because even though my order says shipped, my FedEx status says my desktop hasn't even been picked up by FedEx yet. Furthermore, when I called FedEx I was told the same thing. I have a 7 day shipping rate. Is this normal for the machine to be stuck at Dell for a couple of days before it is picked up? I figured once it said shipped, it would physically be on the road to me. (And there is conflicting info too. Dell informs me that my parcel was shipped on the 23rd Feb and according to FedEx, my package was entered into their system on the 25th Feb. Thank you everyone. Take care   Bachjess   it's normal. I had next day air and it said it shipped from Dell on the 15th. Yet it wasn't actually picked up by fedex until the 17th. Then it was picked up after hours, so it took two days to get to me, not one.  
Thanks! Is this something you think will get fixed with an auto update or perhaps service patch? Thanks again for your help.
Thanks for your help, it seems all the files are there. I'm not too good when it comes to this stuff. If I just leave it alone will it harm anything? I have not installed a printer on this computer.
Thanks for your help, but none of that worked. In my logs it still says the file is corrupt. It repeats the message saying the file is corrupt 4 times. Is this file important, what does it do? Should... See more...
Thanks for your help, but none of that worked. In my logs it still says the file is corrupt. It repeats the message saying the file is corrupt 4 times. Is this file important, what does it do? Should I even worry about it if I am not experiencing problems? Perhaps Windows is wrong and the file is not corrupt? Heres a part of the log. 2010-02-25 16:02:21, Info                  CSI    000002dc [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:20{10}]"tcpmon.ini" of Microsoft-Windows-Printing-StandardPortMonitor-TCPMonINI, Version = 6.1.7600.16385, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch 2010-02-25 16:02:21, Info                  CSI    000002dd [SR] This component was referenced by [l:202{101}]"Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.7600.16385.WindowsFoundationDelivery" 2010-02-25 16:02:21, Info                  CSI    000002de Hashes for file member \??\C:\Windows\System32\tcpmon.ini do not match actual file [l:20{10}]"tcpmon.ini" :   Found: {l:32 b:as3OOcx5px0XiJa7f7s9BVvlW/FFlKR4NMU/T+UP/Kg=} Expected: {l:32 b:ENtKeUct91LKlHclgfWTvnCdCOHHwDe+SYrPzZTTezU=} 2010-02-25 16:02:21, Info                  CSI    000002df Hashes for file member \SystemRoot\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-p..rtmonitor-tcpmonini_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7600.16385_none_2e6dc451c0fa9db5\tcpmon.ini do not match actual file [l:20{10}]"tcpmon.ini" :   Found: {l:32 b:as3OOcx5px0XiJa7f7s9BVvlW/FFlKR4NMU/T+UP/Kg=} Expected: {l:32 b:ENtKeUct91LKlHclgfWTvnCdCOHHwDe+SYrPzZTTezU=} 2010-02-25 16:02:21, Info                  CSI    000002e0 [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\System32"\[l:20{10}]"tcpmon.ini"; source file in store is also corrupted 2010-02-25 16:02:21, Info                  CSI    000002e1 Repair results created: POQ 117 starts:
When running SFC on my brand new Alienware which is less then a week old it claims this file is corrupt but cannot fix it. Is this an issue and something I should be worried about? I'm running Window... See more...
When running SFC on my brand new Alienware which is less then a week old it claims this file is corrupt but cannot fix it. Is this an issue and something I should be worried about? I'm running Windows 7.